EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Exclamation Update stalls at end of every file

I have a problem on one of my machines where the update will stall at the end of every file and never gets an update. It will eventually timeout or something and continue to the next file. The bar at the top gets to 98% or 99% and then sits there a couple of minutes. This is XP Pro SP2, fully updated. This problem has existed with 1.0 and continues in 1.0.6. Have tried getting the latest .Net stuff, no help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I run this on another machine and no problems, it is the greatest mod! Just want to get it on this one.
Unread 08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

can you post any differences that you can think of between the two computers, as a few other users have this issue but i have never been able to track down the cause of it, since i cant duplicate it.

example of differences may be what firewall you use, any unusual setting on internet explorer that 1 has the other doesnt (yes, i know, unfortunately it uses part of ie) and anything else that you know is different that you think could be causing this, thanks!
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default Update problems

I compared the two machine configurations and could not find any differences. Then I brought the one machine home (the one having problems) as it is a laptop. Hooked it up onto the home network, ran the updater and to my surprise it worked no problem!

The only difference is that the network I initially tried it on has a D-Link router and the home network is using a Zoom X6 DSL modem/router. It consistently fails on the D-Link network and consistently works on the Zoom.

Both networks are using NAT and have statically assigned WAN interfaces. The machine is assigned DHCP addresses on bith. Both are connected to the same ISP network.

I guess it would be worth checking what types of routers others with this problem are using.