EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 04-09-2005, 02:17 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default An idea for Zonx' HTML Journal 3.3

...it would be awesome to be able to open the journal, highlight a quest, then hit a button and have the HTML browser open with a walkthrough of that quest. OGaming's walkthroughs would be ideal for this i think. here's an example of a URL of a wlakthrough from Ogaming:
http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/quests/Sti...ntercepted.php

all Ogaming walktrhough URLs have the same format; http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/quests/QUESTNAME.php

so basically my idea is to somehow have a button that when u hit it, it grabs the name of the quest that u have highlighted and puts it in Ogaming's URL format, pops open the HTML window, and pastes it into the URL line. idk how to do it or even if its possible since im no programmer, but it would be nice a wizy can dream hehe
Unread 04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Hrmmm... might actually be possible given recent discoveries. I'll have to dork with this one

Would require a system similar to EQ2MAP. Users would need to submit quest titles and a URL (if one existed) to a website for inclusion in a downloaded DataSource.

The trick will be in discovering some hidden properties in the Journal (if they are available at all).

BTW, I knda had something like this in mind, which is why I linked it to the Journal in the first place

Might even be possible to cross-link EQ2MAP POIs!

Last edited by Zonx : 04-09-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Unread 04-09-2005, 03:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

good idea if u try opening one of these on the eq2 browser btw ull see theres a lota crap on top of the actual walkthrough, the ogaming links etc. maybe someone could just get rid of that and just copy/paste the walkthrough, with credit to whoever posted it on ogaming of course. but like u said, this would need a database... maybe u could get one going, be sure ill post a ton of the quests if u find a way.
PS: there must be some hidden properties that say the text of the quest u highlighted. when u highlight a quest, it appears on the quest helper, maybe u wana start looking there GL
Unread 04-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

While we figure out this you might as well add

http://gogle.com/search?btnI&q=site:eq2.ogaming.com+

to your html URL field. Just type in what you want to search for after the + and it will search with google and display the "I'm Feeling Lucky" site for it.
Unread 04-09-2005, 04:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/quests/QUESTNAME.php might be better than google heh =p
the idea though is to make like a database where everyone can contribute in order to get better walkthroughs for all quests, and possibly a database where u for example click on a named PoI on map and u get a startegy on how to kill it, what its immune agaianst, etc

Last edited by Jarlaxle : 04-09-2005 at 04:06 PM.