Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 11-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default EQ2Map

I just wanted to give every one a quick heads up that the new EQ2MAP website is now open. This was a total re-write of the website from the ground up. I just want to give special props to SaintPeter for working so hard on the new backend and a lot of the new features.

As a side note if you are running an old version of the EQ2MAP Patcher it wont work. You'll want to download the latest version.

Also please keep in mind that the development of EQ2MAP's website is still in progress as we continue to add more planned features.
Unread 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I really like the pictures on the download page

I know it's still a work-in-progress, just thought I'd give a suggestion or two. My first thing I noticed was the dropdown zone list, very nice, and organized well. Maybe could have a page that you could go to, and find a zone easier. IE, using built-in browser search and just having a bigger space to view.

Also, with the POIs, maybe just have a default page for them, so that you wouldn't have to goto advanced search and just leave it blank to start looking through the zones? I dunno, hehe. I'll stop rambling now.

Great work!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 11-03-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
I really like the pictures on the download page

I know it's still a work-in-progress, just thought I'd give a suggestion or two. My first thing I noticed was the dropdown zone list, very nice, and organized well. Maybe could have a page that you could go to, and find a zone easier. IE, using built-in browser search and just having a bigger space to view.
You can get a list of zones if you select "Please select a zone" or just goto http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php

Quote:
Also, with the POIs, maybe just have a default page for them, so that you wouldn't have to goto advanced search and just leave it blank to start looking through the zones? I dunno, hehe. I'll stop rambling now.
With over 5,000 POI's listing them all puts a little strain on the mySQL database even if its paged.
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ah, I just meant something like picking the first map in the list to just be the "default POI page" if you get what I'm saying. Just suggestions...

Thanks for that link, it's exactly what I was thinking of. The dropdown list optoin for "Select a zone..." only works if you already on a map.