EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 07-12-2011, 08:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2 doesn't launch properly when using EQ2Maps

Hi, I've looked around the forums for an answer to this and am starting to think I'm a unique snowflake here. I just installed EQ2Maps on a Windows 7 machine.

My initial problem was that if I autolaunched EQ2 from the Everquest2.exe file, an old launcher would come up and begin downloading; it would then not allow me to use the Launcher.exe software (turned it into a station launcher, and I couldn't log in to EQ2 using either exe file; the former was too old a verison, and the latter didn't have any login options).

Anyway I've solved that by pointing EQ2maps to update Everquest2.exe, but setting autolaunch to Launcher.exe instead. It opens, but then it gets weird--I get login errors and can't play the game. It's able to contact the server error, but gives me username/password errors.

If I launch the game using a direct launcher.exe shortcut AFTER opening EQ2Maps, I can no longer login and have to go change my password (grrr). After doing so, I can log in fine again--until I try to use EQ2Maps to do it, then the whole process starts all over again. This makes no sense to me...has anyone else experienced it?
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Try it again after the maintenance that's going on today, that may be throwing weird errors. The old style launcher (the one that's still SF-styled) has the big red text about changing your password but you don't have to actually keep doing it, it was just added after the network came back up and they've never removed it (there's still a bunch of places that have that type text).

Now on the other part... Everquest2.exe is *never* a launcher. It it always the actual game executable that will take you right in to the game and skip the patcher. You may be confusing it with EQ2.exe, which is the original style launchpad (v1) that is Sentinel's Fate-styled.

You probably have multiple EQ2 installs (or at least multiple patchers). If you use the station launcher, then you do exactly what you did: set the Everquest2.exe file path to your EQ2 install and then set the autolaunch to the launcher for the station launcher.
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Will do, thanks a lot
Unread 07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

I have the same problem, the game keeps sending me to the LaunchPad, and if I got through maps it sends me to the old startup.
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just came back to EQ2 and have a fresh DoV install. I installed EQ2 maps and when it launches I am getting some weird station launcher. Now when I try to start up EQ2 its downloading the Sentinel's Fate UI.

Don't understand what is wrong with this. I have searched for answers and found nothing. Why is the station launcher installing over the new EQ2 launcher? I never even installed a station launcher.

Last edited by Xiara19 : 07-19-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Unread 07-19-2011, 09:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I appear to have fixed....EQ2 maps defaults to auto launch from EQ2.exe. It needs to be set to Launchpad.exe

If you auto launch it first without changing it completely messes up the launchpad. This has resulted in me reinstalling EQ2 twice due to the old sentinels fate installer being redownloaded and some little silver station launcher I've never seen before.
Unread 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

This is the same issue http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15749
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiara19 View Post
I appear to have fixed....EQ2 maps defaults to auto launch from EQ2.exe. It needs to be set to Launchpad.exe

If you auto launch it first without changing it completely messes up the launchpad. This has resulted in me reinstalling EQ2 twice due to the old sentinels fate installer being redownloaded and some little silver station launcher I've never seen before.
It doesn't completely mess it up, it just uses a different launcher is all. The regular (non-streaming) filelist has to support both the original launcher and the new LP3 so they both end up downloading the same files.

As for the station launcher, I don't know why you'd be getting that, that should be a separate download. It's also planned to be phased out soon, once the launchpad team finishes converting to a non-flash format.