Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Send a message via MSN to DiggityMan

few things i did notice but i just give u 1 example
Knowledge book for instance if you switch frames the windows gets messed up
I'm only making links to images as i don't want to hog up space
pic 1 Fresh /loadui DrumsUI from Default UI
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9972/knowledgeload.jpg

pic 2 frame only works fine but the close and setting button disappear (been happening to me too in my work of the UI)
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2...eframeonly.jpg

pic 3 None still missing close and settings
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/4...wledgenone.jpg

pic 4 frame and title the UpperTabBkg gets moved to the wrong position I believe
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7...meandtitle.jpg

This has happened in a few windows I've noticed I'm just giving 1 example

Unread 11-29-2010, 05:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Ah funky, I'll check it out and fix it up though. I probably was putting pages overtop of the window frame, thus I created these "fake" close buttons that presses the real close buttons.

I'll clean them up so that doesn't happen anymore. It's been a looooong time since I even messed with the knowledge book.
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
A Dragoon Sith

knowledge book thing your journal window works perfect its what u should template from in frame mode it should hide button as it even say FRAME ONLY.
Since the button are really part of the title bar i see why they hide when u switch modes moving them outside the windowframe section will solve any problem with them disappearing

Unread 11-29-2010, 11:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Indeed, I'll probably add an out of game configuration file for modifying buttons like that. For smaller changes like that I'll avoid the in-game editable settings, due to the amount of code it takes to load custom options like that
That would be terrific. Have you given any more thought to implementing the 1-5 overlay on the Implied window? Also; and it was mentioned but thought I'd let ya know as well. Except for the inability to drag-n-drop an item in the market window to do a quick look-up, your UI performs perfectly and with no graphic problems here at all.

Accredo
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The reason icon dragging isn't currently working for the Broker window is because I replaced the default text input there. For some reason, the default text input wouldn't handle clicking the "Find" button when hitting the enter key on the keyboard. This annoyed me, because there was no way to auto-hide the filters using the default text input field..... so I placed a "fake" input that copies input to the real one for searching.

For now, you can examine an item and click on it's name to perform quick search, or of it's something you are selling, you can use the search button from the Sell tab. I'll be finding a workaround for this soon, whether is be a "drag spot" for icon dragging, or somehow managing to restore functionality to the text input.

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports guys.
Cheers,
-Drum
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

There were some personal ideas I had that didn't make this update, mostly just because I never wrote them down to remember.

One off the top of my head was removing the border around the casting bars in the Target/Implied to make them look a little less busy/easier to read. I'll fool around with how it looks. Any thoughts on this?
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:38 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Nothing big but maybe next update you may wanna fix this. Just posting a heads up

Unread 12-01-2010, 07:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Ah yes, good catch.
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Funkiness with the Group Window

In the latest release.

Might very well be the mod I made to include the subclass, but if you select to have the cure icons on the side they don't always show. I can get them to show by switching the option off (below) and on (beside) a few times and it finally seems to "stick" but when I zone (and the window is regenerated) they usually disappear again.

I've tried resizing the window, thinking that it might be some rendering issue, but that doesn't seem to affect it.

Thanks for doing a terrific job with this UI mod, I love it!!!

Regards,
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'll try to check it out when I get a chance. I don't personally use the side cures layout, and I'll admit I only tested it enough to see that it worked turning it on and off. Didn't play test it much
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:44 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Drums, The reason I had these set to Pick spell rank first then set class and lvl is cause even with your mod.
If you set class and lvl then pick rank it reset's the class and lvl too 0-100.
So if you set it too pick rank then set class and lvl like it was it works correctly and searches your lvl and class in the correct rank.
Just a tid bit of info on why i had it set the way i did.

Unread 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

Maybe it's just a bad night, but I almost never client crash EQ2.

After the update last night, I had four client crashes. Not sure if something in the UI is causing EQ2 to crash or not, but it was very unusual for me to have a crash (honestly can't remember the last time before last night).

Is there any way to back off the updates that came down last night (I use the Java updater) so I can see if there is a difference?

It was mostly during raids in Labs and Palace, which was great timing of course.
Unread 12-04-2010, 12:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I haven't heard any other reports to crashing. It could just be the game, but if you really wish to revert, you can download the previous version on the manual install page.

-Drum
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggityMan View Post
Drums, The reason I had these set to Pick spell rank first then set class and lvl is cause even with your mod.
If you set class and lvl then pick rank it reset's the class and lvl too 0-100.
So if you set it too pick rank then set class and lvl like it was it works correctly and searches your lvl and class in the correct rank.
Just a tid bit of info on why i had it set the way i did.

Yeah I see what you mean. I didn't realize it filled in the levels. Reason I tried to switch it up is the dropdown selects trigger a search. Triggering a search hides the search options.
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Client Crashing

I've been able to sort of repro client crashes. Initially, when I installed the updated DrumsUI, my Maintained Spells window came up with the full text for the spells displayed. When I right click on the window to disable the full text display, about 80% of the time the client crashes. Once the text is disabled, however, it works fine. Hope that helps...
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Unhappy Client Crashing

I spoke too soon! With today's update, the client now crashes immediately once the UI comes up. If I set my .INI file to use the default UI rather than DrumsUI, it works fine (except that I no longer have DrumsUI)
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

The crash could be due the Knowledge Book and today's Research Assistant changes. Checking things out as I type this....
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Same problem here. I used the updater today, after not checking for one week. There was a big update with the full interace changes. After the updater finished, I tried to log into EQ2. Loaded up just fine, but trying to get into the game from character select causes 100% crash. Never had a problem with Drums before.
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It's from todays update. Just tested it out.

Delete your:
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml

Will update later today.
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes that works. Thank you for such a swift result.

Hide text on Maintained spell window also seems to be causing tha same crash ;/

Last edited by ayoung : 12-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I got the right-click change to hide text crash also, though, right after the last update. (not the "holy crap EQ2 crashes when I try to log in" crash) It only happened to me once, but I was in raid.
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Fixes from last week's updater changes including the knowledge book update, and new ones from today.

New release: Version 1.20

Update Log:
v1.20 - 2010.12.16
- New [Group]: Subclass text option added as an overlay.
- New [Mail]: A "Forward" button has been placed in the Opened Mail window, which will copy the body and title to a new mail.
- Update [Knowledge]: Updated to support new Research page.
- Update [Market]: Advanced filters will only auto-hide if window isn't tall enough to show everything.
- Update [Market]: Selecting a preset from the dropdown will not auto-hide filters incase you need to tweak options first.
- Update [Target/Implied]: Slightly adjusted border opacity of casting bars.
- Fix [Market]: Icon dragging is supported again, but hitting the Enter key while typing in the search field will not auto-hide filters (SOE hard coding).
- Fix [Group]: Cure buttons setup next to health bars should no longer keep resetting/disappearing.
- Fix [Group]: Adjusted the pet "P" text to show a little better with cures set to the side.
- Fix [Bank]: Button tooltips should read properly now.
- Fix [Journal]: Collection look-up buttons should no longer "Ready to turn in" and "Completed" texts.
- Fix [Journal]: Quest look-up buttons in the Completed tab should function correctly again.

Before updating, save your "/POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml" & "/DrumsUI/POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml" to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.19 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml & drumsui_itemnotes.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
A Forest Scavenger

The good first: Thanks for adding the pet health bar and subclass overlays. Big help for pick up groups when I need to remember who's playing what. =)

Not so good: I am running into a very weird crashing bug.

When I initially log in, I can pick "show/hide text" for the maintained spell window, and it works correctly.

However, if do /camp [alt], then try to change it, EQ2 crashes.

The only non-drums stuff I have is a spell immunity window (for my dirge's gravitas)
Unread 12-23-2010, 11:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaldan View Post
When I initially log in, I can pick "show/hide text" for the maintained spell window, and it works correctly.

However, if do /camp [alt], then try to change it, EQ2 crashes.
Can you do me a favor, and try to do the same procedure with default UI and see if you crash or not?
Unread 12-24-2010, 01:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Well now I feel dumb heh. The default UI's doing it too.
Sorry about that Drums.

Edit: Even deleting my existing settings.xml isn't stopping the crashes.
I'll post something on the official support forums, guess this doesn't get changed very often heh.

Last edited by Goaldan : 12-24-2010 at 01:21 AM.