Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-10-2012, 01:21 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
Can we get a fix for the compact horizontal version? The names have squished up close to each other, and the buttons are misaligned slightly. I tried the one linked above by tknarr, but its only the large version and i've been using compact for years now =(
I just checked the compact version, and the current window seems to be working OK without any of the misalignment that plagued the regular version. Can you get a screenshot of how it looks so I can see what's wrong with it? Thanks.
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
A Griffon

Here's just the group window, where you can see it all squished up to the right.

And this is the window where i edited in what happens when you mouse over the quick click buttons, you can see how they don't fit anymore, and slide a bit farther and farther to the left of each player.

I made sure to change my variant on the patcher to default then back to compact before I took these screenshots, and the file is not being ignored.
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

OK, I see what's happening there. It's the same kind of problem the regular window had, but in the horizontal not the vertical. One thing: please try toggling the SOEmote portrait windows on and off. I noticed on the regular vertical window that the first time I did that it shifted things downwards. It might shift the horizontal layout elements to the right. I'm going to see if I can fill up a group tonight long enough to nail down and eliminate the problem.
Unread 08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
A Griffon

Toggling the group portraits doesn't seem to do anything to the window.
Unrest Server
Unread 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Toggling the group portraits doesn't seem to do anything to the window.
Thanks. That means it's the misalignment I think it is: changes in the hard-coded padding of the "GroupMemberN" elements SOE uses that throws off the actual positioning relative to what the XML says. This evening I'll have enough friends to give me a full group and I should be able to iron out the misalignment. The good news is that the vertical orientation doesn't seem to need any fixing.
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

This is what I've got for the compact variant. The vertical orientation's working. The horizontal... I managed to get the group members to stop shifting left and crowding each other, I still need to nail down the horizontal alignment of the quick-raid and cure buttons. As with the default variant, some extra padding's made the window 30 pixels taller and increased the vertical spacing of group members by 6 pixels each. I haven't found a way to fix that, the padding seems to be hard-coded and not controlled by the UI XML.

Again, this is the compact group window, not the default one.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (83.6 KB, 291 views)
Unread 08-11-2012, 10:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
This is what I've got for the compact variant. The vertical orientation's working. The horizontal... I managed to get the group members to stop shifting left and crowding each other, I still need to nail down the horizontal alignment of the quick-raid and cure buttons. As with the default variant, some extra padding's made the window 30 pixels taller and increased the vertical spacing of group members by 6 pixels each. I haven't found a way to fix that, the padding seems to be hard-coded and not controlled by the UI XML.

Again, this is the compact group window, not the default one.
Ooooh, this did NOT work.... i mean the names are farther apart, which is nice, but now the 6th person gets cut off when in horizontal, and i can't seem to resize the window larger to get them =( It looks like its only a pixel or two too big, because sometimes I can get it to show the 6th person, by swapping from horizontal to vertical and back, but as soon as i click ok, it disappears again (I assume wrapping to a position below the others and out of sight). So maybe just decrease the spacing between each person by 1 pixel should work.... this coming from someone who doesn't know how any of this UI stuff works or I'd do it myself...
Unrest Server

Last edited by Maelya : 08-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
A Griffon

Getting so frustrated, sorry! I tried just deleting the file and letting the updater download whatever the new one is, and it didn't download anything. I have changed the file a dozen times and it never seems to register anything. Its not ignored, so I don't know why the patcher just does not want to patch the eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers file for me. =/ Using the non-compact until the compact is fixed, but I had to download it from here cuz patcher didn't work for me.
Unrest Server
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Getting so frustrated, sorry! I tried just deleting the file and letting the updater download whatever the new one is, and it didn't download anything. I have changed the file a dozen times and it never seems to register anything. Its not ignored, so I don't know why the patcher just does not want to patch the eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers file for me. =/ Using the non-compact until the compact is fixed, but I had to download it from here cuz patcher didn't work for me.
That's definitely weird. Try checking in Settings | File Paths and make sure the "Everquest II - Folder" path points to the right location. I'm pretty sure the updater'll download the file if it's not there, I'm doing that repeatedly to clean up after editing sessions (I want to be sure I'm back to what's on the updater, not some weird variation I left hanging around by mistake).

If you're not sure where the game itself is looking, run the launchpad and click on the toolbox icon (in the lower left corner) and use the Open Game Directory selection. That'll open the folder the launchpad thinks the game lives in. Make sure it and the Profit updater setting match what you expect.
Unread 08-12-2012, 10:28 PM
A Griffon

OK, this seems to get the positioning right for the compact variant horizontal and vertical orientations. I'm sending this to the updater, and attaching it here for anyone who wants it before it hits the updater.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (83.6 KB, 282 views)
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM
A Griffon

I plan to send one more update of the group windows up tonight. No functional changes or positioning, this one's just to adjust the minimum and maximum sizes of the windows. I'm going to set the minimum and maximum size of the "fixed" axis (width for vertical, height for horizontal) to just enough for the window elements, and make the "variable" axis minimum big enough for 2 members and the maximum 6.
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:22 AM
A Griffon

WOOHOO! Thank you so much for getting the compact horizontal window fixed, Tknarr! I also did get the new file through the patcher, and saw it was the zip which explains alot. It works great and I'm very happy to have it back!
Unrest Server
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
WOOHOO! Thank you so much for getting the compact horizontal window fixed, Tknarr! I also did get the new file through the patcher, and saw it was the zip which explains alot. It works great and I'm very happy to have it back!
Yes, the default group window's the normal-sized one and the compact is a variant. The variants are all packaged in zipfiles, and selecting the variant in the menu sets the updater to download and extract the appropriate zipfile instead of just updating the default file. Sometimes the updater does get weird and won't redownload the zipfile automatically (I think it's got something to do with the exact timestamps on the zipfile), but for me selecting the default variant and then reselecting the one I want always forced a redownload of the current zipfile and fixed things. I try to make sure all the zipfiles I create have creation and modification dates updated to keep the downloader from glitching.