EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Concepts and questions

I did a quick 10 minute mockup of an idea I had the other night when I died due to the tiny bars that seem to be the norm when it comes to all eq2 player frames (with the exception of a few old, old ones). Maybe I am just blind or need to pay attention more, but I find it really tough to focus on tiny bars, especially at 1920x1080 resolution. Take the idea with a grain of salt since it is a simple mockup and I am aware not everyone likes large things on their screens, but none the less feedback, positive or negative is welcomed and appreciated.

Mockup:

The mockup is missing a few things I still need to work out, such as concentration bars, maybe click2cure though I doubt it since I use the ones on the party frame for myself, and of course implied target.

Top set of bars is the players, bottom is the target. Buffs and debuffs are for the target.

Now for my questions, is it possible to have text become exposed as the player health or power bar is drained?

Can debuffs on a target have a clear text timer overlay that counts down their remaining time instead of the way it is displayed currently?

Can eq2 feed health and power percentage to a separate element?
Example:

Can eq2 feed a set focus targets health and power to an element? (more of an idea for when I raid on my healer, would be nice to have the main tanks health as a large percentage near the center of my screen)

Also are spell icons stored client side anywhere? or is that all server side?

I'll stop myself there since I could go on and on with various ideas I want to implement into many different ui elements (oh knowledge book, for you will be next on my list), but for now I will stick with the player frames and see where it takes me.

Thanks in advance,
~C
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Can't do anything special with the buffs/dets on a target: what you see now (the mixed set of icons) is about all we can do.

You should be able to get the %-ages for a separate element as I recall. It has to be something like your target or a specific player however; you could probably do some kind of a dropdown configuration to select which slot your tank was in.

Spell icon files are stored client-side in dds files, you can change 'em if you want, but keep in mind that you change all instances of that icon, not just ones for a specific buff.
Unread 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the info. Too bad about the buffs and detrimentals, can't stand the way it is now.

I'll dive into trying to get the percentages since I would like to at least get that on my screen.

As for the icons, I figured it wouldn't make sense to have them pulled from the server and I answered my own question once I dug around a bit, but thanks for the input. I wasn't really looking to change them any more than just adding a different overlay.
Unread 07-25-2010, 04:24 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

If you're building this to be a generally useful mod, keep in mind it is non-standard to include a copy of the player window within the group window, so you might want to include ClickCures in your Player window. If you're showing detrimental icons anyway... it shouldn't take any extra room.

The large percentages shown in your mockup would probably need to be a custom window or two. You can most definitely pipe your health and power percentages to a custom window and as lordebon said, it should be possible to create a menu or click scripts to show groupmember data instead.

BTW, you might want to check to see if your existing Player window is resizable. A good deal of the custom Player window are, and this might solve your "Small Bars" issue