EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Background image

I am trying to my wits end to try and figure out how to put a background image into a window, for example the effects window. This is a dds graphical file.

Also I would like to connect this background to the opacity slider int he window options.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Draven

Last edited by Draven_Caine : 09-03-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

For the background to be attached to the opacity slider, it has to have a specific XML path.

PHP Code:
<Page Name="YourPage">
    <
ImageStyle Name="SomeImageStyle">
        <
ImageFrame Source="whatever.dds" SourceRect="1,2,3,4" />
    </
ImageStyle>
    <
RectangleStyle Name="SomeRectangleStyle" Center="SomeImageStyle" CenterStretchH="true" CenterStretchV="true" CenterShrinkH="true" CenterShrinkV="true" />
    <!-- ... -->
    <
Page Name="WindowFrame">
        <
Page Name="Bkg" RStyleDefault="SomeRectangleStyle" />
    </
Page>
</
Page
You can have the Bkg page point to a RectangleStyle, which points to an ImageStyle which points to an ImageFrame(your DDS). Make sure to make the WindowFrame and Bkg pages the size of your window(more or less).

Last edited by EQAditu : 09-03-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Unread 09-05-2010, 08:33 PM
A Griffon

This is what I am working with (the VolumePage tags have code inside them but i didnt show it due to the massive space thats needed). In all essence what I am doing is taking the default "effects" window and adding a solid graphical background to it. Now I need to also connect this graphical background to the opacity slider.

Code:
         <Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" MaximumSize="1280,100" MinimumSize="42,42" Name="Effects" PackLocation="right,bottom" ScrollExtent="1280,100" Size="1280,100" Tooltip=":420d9f72d322771c:Spell Effects" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" UserScrollable="false">
            <ImageStyle Name="Effects_Background">
                <ImageFrame Name="Effects_Background" Source="images/effects_background.dds" SourceRect="0,0,142,1930" />
            </ImageStyle>
            <RectangleStyle Center="Effects_Background" CenterShrinkH="true" CenterShrinkV="true" Name="Effects_Background" />
            <VolumePage AbsorbsInput="false" CellCount="32,2" CellPadding="10,10" CellSelectable="false" CellSize="29,29" MinimumScrollExtent="1258,88" Name="Volume" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="1280,100" Size="1280,100" UserScrollable="false">
           </VolumePage>
            <Page Name="WindowFrame">
                <Page Name="Bkg" RStyleDefault="Effects_background" />
            </Page>
        </Page>
Now I cant get it show up at all this way, but if i just use an image (like the click border graphic, the graphic shows up. I am not sure what I am missing here.

Thanks,
Draven
Unread 09-05-2010, 08:44 PM
A Griffon

Don't name EVERYTHING the same name. The game won't know what to choose... or rather, it won't choose the correct thing.

Your RectangleStyle possibly creates a self-referencing infinite loop(crash possibility), your ImageStyle has the same name as your RectangleStyle and your background has the incorrect case in the reference name so it's referencing nothing. Of course this won't work.

PS, you didn't follow my other instructions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
{...}
Make sure to make the WindowFrame and Bkg pages the size of your window(more or less).
You didn't so those pages are zero size, thus invisible.

Last edited by EQAditu : 09-05-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Unread 09-06-2010, 12:17 AM
A Griffon

Code:
        <Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" MaximumSize="1280,100" MinimumSize="42,42" Name="Effects" PackLocation="right,bottom" ScrollExtent="1280,100" Size="1280,100" Tooltip=":420d9f72d322771c:Spell Effects" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" UserScrollable="false">
            <ImageStyle Name="EffectsBackgroundImageStyle">
                <ImageFrame Source="images/effects_background.dds" SourceRect="0,0,142,1930" />
            </ImageStyle>
            <RectangleStyle Name="EffectsBackgroundRectangleStyle" Center="EffectsBackgroundImageStyle" CenterStretchH="true" CenterStretchV="true" CenterShrinkH="true" CenterShrinkV="true" />
            <Page Name="WindowFrame" ScrollExtent="1280,100" Size="1280,100">
                <Page Name="Bkg" RStyleDefault="EffectsBackgroundRectangleStyle" ScrollExtent="1280,100" Size="1280,100" />
            </Page>
        </Page>
I locked into it again and fixed the mistakes you pointed out but still no dice. Any other idea?
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:03 PM
A Griffon

Assuming the DDS path is correct, the Bkg page is missing a BackgroundOpacity attribute which defaults to "0.000". The slider will only affect the Opacity value.
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
Assuming the DDS path is correct, the Bkg page is missing a BackgroundOpacity attribute which defaults to "0.000". The slider will only affect the Opacity value.
Your awsome, it was the opacity. Just takes some time to go from Vanguard UI modding to EQ2 UI modding
Unread 09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

n/m didnt' see the last post for some odd reason.

Last edited by Landiin : 09-07-2010 at 11:00 AM.