EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-27-2010, 02:27 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis
Default Full (v1.15): Getting your map to show active quest area

The default map behavior now is to highlight areas in "cyan" (I guess) in certain zones (like Steamfont) where you can find mobs or items needed for a quest that is currently in your active journal window and when you highlight a quest in your active journal window, it further highlights where you need to go for that specific quest.

I noticed that with your Full UI this behavior is not present. Well, I did some digging around and compared EQ2MAP's eq2map2\_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml file (which does do this) to yours. By adding one line of code, I was able to make yours do this as well.

Near the bottom, Find:

Code:
<Button AutoResize="true" BackgroundOpacity="0.000" Location="820,10" Margin="2,0,2,0" MaximumSize="16384,26" MinimumSize="26,26" Name="PoiCloneButton" PackLocation="right,top" Size="70,26" Style="poilink_button_style" />
And replace with:
Code:
<Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" Color="#00c0c0" IconRect="168,42,210,84" IconResource="images/icons/icon_map5.dds" IconStyle="style" IconType="map" Location="98,242" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="questIconTemplate" PressedColor="#FFFF00" ScrollExtent="23,23" Size="23,23" TreatAsButton="true" Visible="false" /><IconStyle description="For the map icons" IconRect="42,168,84,210" IconResource="/images/icons/icon_map1.dds" MouseOverRect="210,0,252,42" MouseOverResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds" Name="style" PressedRect="210,0,252,42" PressedResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds"/>
<Button AutoResize="true" BackgroundOpacity="0.000" Location="820,10" Margin="2,0,2,0" MaximumSize="16384,26" MinimumSize="26,26" Name="PoiCloneButton" PackLocation="right,top" Size="70,26" Style="poilink_button_style" />
The only problem might be when it tries do something with icon_map5.dds which has those icon cutout looking things in the default UI (Irfanview can at least view these files).

In any event, it does at least highlight those areas on the map now.
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you for this! I hadn't realized there was specific coding changes in the POI icons files (seems kinda strange) for the new map feature.

I'll get this updated and look into said DDS image file.