EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 08-12-2017, 09:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Target ring request

I am wondering if someone could make this EQ1 target ring for me? http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...ew.php?id=8370
Or very similar anyway.

Not sure how this request thing works as I have never requested a ui, or ui piece. Ty in advance

Last edited by rhainstorm : 08-20-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Unread 09-23-2017, 10:36 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Do you still have EQ installed? If so, take a peek in the UI folder and see if there is an images subfolder, and check whether you have the image files for that target ring.

EQ2 uses two files for the ring target: ring_target.dds and ring_target_con.dds. If EQ1 uses the same ring target files, you might be able to just drop them in, otherwise, if you can post the EQ1 target graphic files someone could work from that (i.e., not a screenshot, I mean the actual files EQ1 is using).

The image files used by the EQ2 UI are all in DDS format, so the be able to look at the actual image, you may need a special viewer. I use Irfanview to preview them, if you want to manipulate a DDS file you can use the free tools Paint.net or GIMP (GIMP needs a plugin). You can also get a DDS plugin for Adobe Photoshop.
Unread 09-23-2017, 10:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

EQ1 target ring files are very different from EQII. The graphics could certainly be created for this user, but it's not a one-to-one copy by any means. For each con color there is a separate strip, and the game does the work of forming the strips into segmented circles around the target. And that's just one of several differences. This would be a very labor-intensive conversion.