Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 11-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default User Interface Tips and News

Good Morning!

Now that we are a full week into EQ2 I thought I would share with you a couple of tips and some info on what I am trying to find out from SOE.

Tips
1. /loadui does not work, it will just crash you game Please see Dolby's POST on how to load a UI.

2. When creating a custom UI folder, remember that images and such need to be in folders, just as they are in the default folder. BUT you only need the images and files your changing.

3. It seems that if you /quit or "quit without camping" your Chat windows will not save the settings. If you are using multiple chat windows and dont want to reset what goes into each one every time you log in. use the "camp to desktop" option.

News

I have emailed two different people at SOE this week in hopes that I can find out the status of the UI Tool that Gallenite said would be released during the last week of October. I would assume that something serious came up with it.

I am also attempting to find out an ETA on the default folder being "cleaned up" a bit for those who have contacted me. For those who haven't cracked open your Default UI folder you will discover its a bit disorganized, there are literally dozens of images left over from the UI team creating the UI that no longer do anything, yet the images are still patched in if you delete them and some of them are called out in the XML files (and then never used)

I hope everyone is enjoying EQ2! the launch was by far the smoothest launch I have seen for an MMO.

Gallenite has emailed me letting me know he is working on the UI Tool issue, will let me know when he has more to report - 11/16 4:15pm PST

- Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 11-16-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Unread 11-16-2004, 02:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Cool Kudane, thanks for bothering those guys.
One of the things that bugged me the most about the eq1 ui: One day they made most/some of it customizeable, and then they never touched it again. everything that was hardcoded stayed hardcoded, and any bugs that existed never got fixed. Here's hoping EQ2 doesn't end up that way, and that we get a cleanup/customization pass.

Unread 11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane
Good Morning!

Now that we are a full week into EQ2 I thought I would share with you a couple of tips and some info on what I am trying to find out from SOE.

Tips
1. /loadui does not work, it will just crash you game Please see Dolby's POST on how to load a UI.

2. When creating a custom UI folder, remember that images and such need to be in folders, just as they are in the default folder. BUT you only need the images and files your changing.

News

I have emailed two different people at SOE this week in hopes that I can find out the status of the UI Tool that Gallenite said would be released during the last week of October. I would assume that something serious came up with it.

I am also attempting to find out an ETA on the default folder being "cleaned up" a bit for those who have contacted me. For those who haven't cracked open your Default UI folder you will discover its a bit disorganized, there are literally dozens of images left over from the UI team creating the UI that no longer do anything, yet the images are still patched in if you delete them and some of them are called out in the XML files (and then never used)

I hope everyone is enjoying EQ2! the launch was by far the smoothest launch I have seen for an MMO.

- Kudane

i dunno, i thought the coh launch was pretty smooth

Cutanea
Unread 11-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutanea
i dunno, i thought the coh launch was pretty smooth

Cutanea

i didnt play COH, but I understand COH was also very smooth...