EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Guild Window Searching

There is a thread over on the EQ2 forums asking for some specific changes in the Guild Window.

Specifically, the requested features are:
  • Ability to search for a specific character name (probably would be good to be able to do the first few letters and a wildcard)
  • Ability to search for keywords in the Notes and Officer Notes (probably would be good to be able to do the first few letters and a wildcard)
  • Some means to be able to expand the Officer Notes. With the addition of purchasable character slots, we do need more room to list alts.
I would guess that the first two would be doable, since the UI displays that data, a RegEx search seems doable. I'd add a search box with radio buttons (or a drop-down). I'd make the default search be for Name, or select to search Notes or Officer Notes.

The other feature that should be in every Guild Window is the ability to send an invite to a guild member for a group or raid. Building a raid, this seems like it would be really handy.

So, to our fearless UI developers, how much of this is possible, and is anyone interested in tackling it?
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:19 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrdrifa View Post
There is a thread over on the EQ2 forums asking for some specific changes in the Guild Window.

Specifically, the requested features are:
  • Ability to search for a specific character name (probably would be good to be able to do the first few letters and a wildcard)
  • Ability to search for keywords in the Notes and Officer Notes (probably would be good to be able to do the first few letters and a wildcard)
  • Some means to be able to expand the Officer Notes. With the addition of purchasable character slots, we do need more room to list alts.
I would guess that the first two would be doable, since the UI displays that data, a RegEx search seems doable. I'd add a search box with radio buttons (or a drop-down). I'd make the default search be for Name, or select to search Notes or Officer Notes.

The other feature that should be in every Guild Window is the ability to send an invite to a guild member for a group or raid. Building a raid, this seems like it would be really handy.

So, to our fearless UI developers, how much of this is possible, and is anyone interested in tackling it?

The DarqUI guild roster has pop-up group and raid invite buttons, which is a simple mod so I'm assuming the other interfaces have these in some form. Character notes and officer notes also stretch horizontally as you stretch the guild window, which allows you to see a good bit more text than the default which has a fixed width on both text fields.

These are template-based tables so I hesitate to mess with the height which would give you multiple lines per note, but I believe the server decides whether to display/hide the sections depending on whether there is any text present, and whether the client is allowed to see the officer notes. There is also a text entry box that activates based upon other settings that would probably not integrate well as a multi-line field.

As far as the roster search goes, the text fields get populated from the server in real-time and so a search function would have to account for the cell values changing as guild members log in/out, change zones, etc. I have tried in the past pulling live data out of other similar tables like the calendar and the loot window, and had very poor results so I'm not optimistic about extracting guild member data.

Assuming the list can be collected, you then have the matter of parsing partial strings, which in the EQII UI is next to impossible. These two roadblocks indicate that the server is the best place to handle a roster search (which is a very nice idea btw).