EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 01-21-2005, 10:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Movement keys and hot key mod

This is a question and a request.
Is it possible to have the movement buttons desplayed on screen so that someone using eyetracking software or a head mouse, can navigate within the game.

Can the hotkeys be set to activate another hotkey window. for example hotkey window 10 has buttons 1-9 set to scoll another hotkey window to hotkey window 1-9.

Also can a third party program like Dasher be used to type into the chat window.

My brother who was a eq1 and EqII player is now unable to play the game with out some disablitliy aids. I am looking for ways ,at his request,to get him back onto the game.
Unread 01-22-2005, 12:02 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Very interesting and a very good idea. I dont have any of the answers though I will try to look into it too. You may also want to post to the EQ2 forums or, better still, email directly to SOE for alternatives that they may already have built into the game.

My best to you and yours

-Selae
Unread 01-22-2005, 04:31 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

I dont know what dasher is, but i think your best bet is the onscreen keyboard that comes with windows (start, all programs, accessories, accessablity, on-screen keyboard) the only thing that the windows keyboard wont work for (srangely enough) is movement... the arrow keys are greyed out on mine

So you can either clumsily run with autorun (numlock) or (if a head mouse can even do this) hold down left and right click at the same time... that would actualy work very well!

but we cant do an onscreen keyboard from xml, we dont have the commands for it.

i'm not really sure about the hotkey stuff (/loadhotkey doesnt really work), but i think the important question is WHY do you want a hotkey that changes hotkey banks? whats wrong with the arrows or shift 1-0?

Let us know if theres anything we can make to help out your bro.