The primary purpose of this board is for interface authors
to ask SOE developers to add additional functionality to the UI (or increase its modability).
This board is also appropriate for posting user requests for changes to the default UI to SOE, and posts made in the Request board that can't be fulfilled through modding will sometimes be moved here. However, it is recommended that you instead use the in-game /feedback
command, or post to the UI board on the official EQ2 forums
. Additionally, please verify that we can't already modify the UI to do this ourselves before making a request here, by checking the Request
Replying to existing threads
The following types of replies are appropriate to threads in this board:
- Information that the requested change is already something that can be accomplished through UI mods.
- "Seconding" a request or adding to it.
- Discussion between interface authors
on the ability to mod around/through the issue so that changes by SOE developers are no longer needed.
suggestions on what the user can do until the requested change is made (or in case it never is). Example
The following types of replies are NOT appropriate and will be deleted:
- Anything off-topic. This mostly applies to replies that were placed while a moved thread were in another section.
- Disparaging/belittling another user's request.
(If you have a suggestion for the thread starter, keep it helpful and don't insult the request or state it isn't necessary, unless we can mod it directly into the UI.)
- Flaming (duh)
- Replies to off-topic or inflammatory posts. (Use the Report Bad Post button.) If a reply contains appropriate material, it will be edited to remove the inappropriate portions.
This board is here to help channel feedback for the SOE developers to make it easier for them to view and digest without background noise.
Oh, yeah, and of course the SOE developers may post or reply as they see fit here.