EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 12-02-2012, 09:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Will look into it.
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Since the tooltip in the Drums UI is broken atm, I cannot use Drums Item Notes in the examine window - I hope there will come some kind of fix soon, because I'm missing my item notes really sadly
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschpa View Post
Since the tooltip in the Drums UI is broken atm, I cannot use Drums Item Notes in the examine window - I hope there will come some kind of fix soon, because I'm missing my item notes really sadly
the tool tips to my knowledge was fixed update your eq2_examine.xml file to the newer version
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Auto-updater is only thing most up-to-date. I've expressed this multiple times in multiple threads.
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the answers, and sorry if I did overlook the other posts and threads. Just updated and it's working now.
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM
A Griffon

Hi Drums:

Just a quick question. Warlocks have a prestige spell called Toxic Assault. This spell builds up charges to a max number of 180 which can be viewed in the the lower right corner of the Toxic Assault icon. However this number does not appear in the icon in the spell timer window. Is it possible to put that charges number in the icon within the spell timer window?

As you know icons tend to appear and disappear rapidly and never in the same place during raids making it difficult to focus on any one particular icon. The spell timer window is a perfect spot for the Toxic Assault icon since it will remain in the same position at all times for quick "at-a-glance" info.

Thanks
Accredo
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Great interface and thanks for all the updates. When I came back to the game the last time I didn't feel like getting back into modding again, so it was nice to find almost every interface style I liked in DrumsUI.

I did notice 2 bugs today:
1) AA Window - After CoE reorganized the AA window I was pleased to see a nice indicator on the category buttons to indicate that I needed to select something in that category (I always forgot to select Character Development things until 2-3 levels after I got them). I'm using the Blue on Blue DrumsUI and today I don't have the green indicators on the category buttons on the AA window.

2) Tradeskill Window - the recipe list today is only showing 9 items and only taking up half of the verticle space. I tried resizing the window to see if that would get it to expand, but no matter what size I made the window, the recipe list remained the same.

EDIT: I checked and the DrumsUI Updater says all my files are up-to-date. I also exited the game completely and reloaded to see if reloading the interface would change anything, but both of the above effects remain.

Last edited by Valdacil : 12-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
Great interface and thanks for all the updates. When I came back to the game the last time I didn't feel like getting back into modding again, so it was nice to find almost every interface style I liked in DrumsUI.

I did notice 2 bugs today:
1) AA Window - After CoE reorganized the AA window I was pleased to see a nice indicator on the category buttons to indicate that I needed to select something in that category (I always forgot to select Character Development things until 2-3 levels after I got them). I'm using the Blue on Blue DrumsUI and today I don't have the green indicators on the category buttons on the AA window.

2) Tradeskill Window - the recipe list today is only showing 9 items and only taking up half of the verticle space. I tried resizing the window to see if that would get it to expand, but no matter what size I made the window, the recipe list remained the same.

EDIT: I checked and the DrumsUI Updater says all my files are up-to-date. I also exited the game completely and reloaded to see if reloading the interface would change anything, but both of the above effects remain.
#1 sounds like an outdated gfx file. Just yesterday I updated them.
#2 is a bug that was reported to me already, working on the fix.
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
#1 sounds like an outdated gfx file. Just yesterday I updated them.
#2 is a bug that was reported to me already, working on the fix.
I checked the updater and it says my files are up-to-date. Do you have a suggestion for which gfx file to wack to force a re-download?
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

commonelements.dds is the one with the green ! exclamation in it

Direct link from updater:
http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/live/...onelements.dds
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
commonelements.dds is the one with the green ! exclamation in it

Direct link from updater:
http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/live/...onelements.dds
I deleted the indicated file as well as the entire Alternates folder, then selected the Default colors to force a redownload. No matter which colors I select I do not get the green indicator.
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
I deleted the indicated file as well as the entire Alternates folder, then selected the Default colors to force a redownload. No matter which colors I select I do not get the green indicator.
Are you sure it's supposed to be showing up? Does it show up in default ui?
Unread 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Are you sure it's supposed to be showing up? Does it show up in default ui?
If you have spent all your available points they won't show up anymore. Also does Drums Actually modify the alternate advancement window? I know profit doesn't it just skins some of the elements.
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Map2

HI Drumstix,

I'm new to EQ2 but have been playing VG for many years and managing a custom UI over there. I love your UI for the game but have one question. I can't seem to get all of the icons to display on the map within your UI. Specifically, I don't show all of the icons for vendors and for the exits to different zones. Is there a way I can incorprate the standard EQ2_Map2 into your UI or is there a function somewhere to show all of the things that show up on the default map?

Hope you have survived the hurricane and subsequent clean up in the NE.

Thanks.

Rufin
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGRufin View Post
HI Drumstix,

I'm new to EQ2 but have been playing VG for many years and managing a custom UI over there. I love your UI for the game but have one question. I can't seem to get all of the icons to display on the map within your UI. Specifically, I don't show all of the icons for vendors and for the exits to different zones. Is there a way I can incorprate the standard EQ2_Map2 into your UI or is there a function somewhere to show all of the things that show up on the default map?

Hope you have survived the hurricane and subsequent clean up in the NE.

Thanks.

Rufin
Thanks, I have

Is there icons that are showing in the default UI and not in mine? I'm not really sure which ones you would be referring to. Most of the icons on the map are submitted by users via EQ2Map updater (which I don't include in my UI).
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:51 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Here is what I did:
  • Changed the eq2.ini file to use Default for UI
  • Checked and I do have 2 green indicators on my AA screen
  • Renamed DrumsUI folder
  • Used Updater to redownload the entire interface using default skin/options
  • Checked and I do have 2 green indicators
  • Used updater to switch to Blue/Blue
  • No green indicators on AA screen
  • Switching to any other color results in no indicators on AA screen
  • Attempting to click the Default button to return to defaults in the Updater shows that the graphics files (6) need to be updated, but when I click "Update Now" I receive an error:
  • "Some files could not be downloaded! Please try again later!"
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. Will check into it.

When you switch to the Blue/Blue, are you closing the game out and re-opening or using /loadui?

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 12-05-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. Will check into it.

When you switch to the Blue/Blue, are you closing the game out and re-opening or using /loadui?
I completely closed and reloaded between each interface change.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Alright good.

I've fixed the "cannot download files", so at least that should be fixed. Looking into the Blue/Blue thing. Strange thing is that the Green indicator is in that DDS file, so not sure why it's not working.

*EDIT* OHHHH. Man I think I know what's wrong. Ugh. Damn you transparency levels. back to editing I go...
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Alright good.

I've fixed the "cannot download files", so at least that should be fixed. Looking into the Blue/Blue thing. Strange thing is that the Green indicator is in that DDS file, so not sure why it's not working.

*EDIT* OHHHH. Man I think I know what's wrong. Ugh. Damn you transparency levels. back to editing I go...
While I know it means you have something to fix, at least you identified it quickly and can set about working the issue. I always hate it when I spend hours beating my head against an issue just trying to identify it only to have the fix be a simple 30 second fix.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

All fixed. Check updater for new files. All colors updated (3 files altered per zip).

Thanks for your help pinning it down, even if it was indirectly
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
All fixed. Check updater for new files. All colors updated (3 files altered per zip).

Thanks for your help pinning it down, even if it was indirectly
Updated and loaded up Blue/Blue. Indicators are there
Thanks for such a quick response and fix.
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Thanks, I have

Is there icons that are showing in the default UI and not in mine? I'm not really sure which ones you would be referring to. Most of the icons on the map are submitted by users via EQ2Map updater (which I don't include in my UI).
The specific one that bothers me, as a new EQ2 player, is the one the indicates the zone to zone doors/portals whatever. Little green arrows on the default UI map2. As a workaround, I managed to integrate the eq2map2 code from elsewhere on these pages into your UI. Suspect this will work until I have to use the updater, but know how to repeat what I did if something breaks down the line.

The other minor annoyances are the mailbox icon and vendor icon, rougher in some of the starter zones where you are told you ahve mail but cant immediately find a mailbox.

As a quck update, I ran the updater afetr posting, with the changes you made today, and I'm still seeing the stuff I added myself, with everything working (as far as I can tell). I am curious about the Blue/Blue and colors thing, as I don't see where I would change the UI to different colors. Is that in the updater or elsewhere?

Last edited by VGRufin : 12-06-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added comment.
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

I was wondering how to change UI colors as well. Have looked thru some of the older posts and can't seem to find how to change UI color.

Thanks for the updates !!
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGRufin View Post
The specific one that bothers me, as a new EQ2 player, is the one the indicates the zone to zone doors/portals whatever. Little green arrows on the default UI map2. As a workaround, I managed to integrate the eq2map2 code from elsewhere on these pages into your UI. Suspect this will work until I have to use the updater, but know how to repeat what I did if something breaks down the line.

The other minor annoyances are the mailbox icon and vendor icon, rougher in some of the starter zones where you are told you ahve mail but cant immediately find a mailbox.

As a quck update, I ran the updater afetr posting, with the changes you made today, and I'm still seeing the stuff I added myself, with everything working (as far as I can tell). I am curious about the Blue/Blue and colors thing, as I don't see where I would change the UI to different colors. Is that in the updater or elsewhere?
If you looked in this forum, you can find there is a sticky for using Default Map Icons:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14637

You are free to ignore files on the updater by right-clicking them when prompted after you make self changes. If you keep an eye on update notes, you'll be able to tell if what you changed would be missing updates or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus37 View Post
I was wondering how to change UI colors as well. Have looked thru some of the older posts and can't seem to find how to change UI color.

Thanks for the updates !!
Yes, colors are available from the Updater via the Settings option at the top -> Variants.

Just double click the one you'd like to use. It will highlight it in green.