EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 09-18-2012, 10:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest
Default Updater not working?

There was a recent Java update, and since then I have not been able to use the updater. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a fix or something I'm missing? I do run as administrator, and this has only started in the past few weeks. The errors I'm getting are:

Exception-
CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-73c70a1d]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Wrapped Exception-

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-73c70a1d (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
Unread 09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

One of my computers had no problem running the updater. It was using Java 7. The other computer received the same errors as you got running both Java 6 and Java 7.
Unread 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Could try uninstalling the updater from Add/Remove Programs and reinstalling. Lemme know if that helps.
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Drums updater error

Hi all,
Having the same problem as a couple posts back, worked fine a few days ago. I am running windows 7 64. I do know there was a java update a few days ago, so that may be why it is broke.
Thanks

When I run the updater I get the following popup window. "Unable to launch application". When I click the details button on the popup window, it says under exception,
CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Users\quad\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-7384cc3b]

under Wrapped Exception it says the folowing,
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\quad\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51\67d8c133-7384cc3b (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

As I said above, this has been working fine for months, and I know there was a java update recently.
Thanks,
RANS0M

Last edited by rans0m : 09-18-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

What I've noticed is that new versions of Java have their own cache directory. All my settings are safe, but I have to go back to the updater Web page and re-run the application from there and tell it to recreate the desktop icon. Re-running it causes it to get read into the cache again, and recreating the icon makes an icon that points to the right spot in the right cache directory.

I think adding a new version of Java doesn't break anything, but an update that replaces an old version (deleting it from the system so only the new version appears) breaks things. The automatic updates always seem particularly problematic, I switched to manual updating to make sure I got 32- and 64-bit versions in the right order.
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling it, as suggested. That seemed to do the trick. I don't know what changed that made it stop working, and I'm embarrassed I didn't think of reinstalling it myself. Thanks for the help
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Update Log:
- Update [AutoAttack]: There are now icons indicating if you have your Melee auto or Ranged Auto turned on/off.
- Update [Merchant]: Search bar and filter checkboxes added (SOE addition).
- Update [Examine]: Examine windows should no longer popup off-screen. They will be centered horizontall or vertically if the game attempts to open them partially or entirely off-screen.
- Update [InspectPlayer]: New EQ2u tab that will attempt to show the player's EQ2u profile. Inpsect window gear layout now mimics the Inventory/Character window.
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Update Log:
- Update [AutoAttack]: There are now icons indicating if you have your Melee auto or Ranged Auto turned on/off.
- Update [Merchant]: Search bar and filter checkboxes added (SOE addition).
- Update [Examine]: Examine windows should no longer popup off-screen. They will be centered horizontall or vertically if the game attempts to open them partially or entirely off-screen.
- Update [InspectPlayer]: New EQ2u tab that will attempt to show the player's EQ2u profile. Inpsect window gear layout now mimics the Inventory/Character window.
I am assuming that the above is an update to profit, but I dont see it in my update notes window on my profit.... Should I?
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabatia View Post
I am assuming that the above is an update to profit, but I dont see it in my update notes window on my profit.... Should I?
Um, this is the DrumsUI forum, and is related to the DrumsUI updater. In your defense, both updaters use the same interface and were made by the same person.
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I recently started getting this error every time i run the updater. I have reinstalled Java6 and 7 multiple times and even installed both 32bit and 64bit. I have no clue why its saying this, any help would be appreciated.
Code:
Exception thrown while getting location

java.sql.SQLException: No data is available
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.checkAvailable(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getColumnInType(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
	at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.getPoint(IO.java:516)
	at de.pala.updater.Arrange.GUI.getLocation(GUI.java:172)
	at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:143)
	at de.pala.updater.drumsui.Startup$1.run(Startup.java:62)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
A Griffon

I'm getting this same exception from the ProfitUI updater (which I think is the same codebase). It doesn't seem to stop the updater from running, and I've no clue where it's coming from.
Unread 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Most likely in both cases you need to reinstall the Updater from the original website link. I had to. One of the Java Updates either deleted the files or changed the pathing of storage such that where the desktop icon pointed the source files do not exist.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Forgot to mention that i've reinstalled the updater multiple times, and i always get the same error.
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysstie View Post
Most likely in both cases you need to reinstall the Updater from the original website link. I had to. One of the Java Updates either deleted the files or changed the pathing of storage such that where the desktop icon pointed the source files do not exist.
the exception they are having thrown isn't the one in which that solution works. That fix works when it won't patch at all. I don't see this exception because I think I have debugging turned off or console turned off. I simply see the patcher run and it runs fine. Java is a nasty beast when the updates they make don't cleanup things before installing.
Unread 11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I tried installing on a fresh system recently with Java7 and haven't been able to reproduce. I believe it's related to a java update or possibly left over files from the previous installation of the Updater within the older java files.

I'm not super Java savvy (I didn't create the updater itself), so it's hard for me to give any suggestions. If there is a way to clear out all your old Java cache and then trying to re-install the DrumsUI updater, I'd say try that.
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I deleted the java cache and all that stuff, and the error is still there, but now it lets me check for updated files and update them... strange. Anyway it works but still throws an error.
Unread 11-09-2012, 04:48 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Managed to get this error to happen (purely randomly). I simply did this in the patcher: Settings -> Updater -> Reset all settings.

The error stopped appearing each time I ran the Updater.
Unread 11-09-2012, 04:52 AM
A Griffon
Featured

CoE Updates
I don't have access to my home PC yet due to recent hurricane and events afterward.

1. Tradeskill window temporarily reverted to Default.
2. Colors variants (and default color) all temporarily defaulted to Black with Gold borders. 3 image files got updated with CoE, and with 12 varients and no access to my original files, this is a "temp" fix.

Will have full updates within a week or two after CoE is released.

Update Log:
- Update [Colors]: Temporarily defaulted all color options to Black with Gold borders. CoE updates and extreme time constraints are the main cause. Will have Colors updated soon and things back to normal.
- Update [HarvestDepot]: Added Quanity sort button (CoE update).
- Update [Knowledge]: Updated research "speedup" button to match expansion updates (CoE update).
- Update [Maintained]: Added "Stacks" text to maintained icons (Coe update).
- Update [Merchant]: Added icon for ProSabien SC for item list (CoE Update).
- Update [Persona]: Added "Krono" section to the Currency tab. Added new tradeskill stats to Tradeskill table (Coe updates). Added new dropdown menu to Mercenary page (CoE updates).
- Update [Target/Implied]: Target distance text added (CoE update). Option is toggled from default Options window (Name and Chat Bubble category). Move effect toggle icon from right to left in windows.
- Update [Tradeskill]: Temporarily reverted Tradeskill window to completely default (CoE updates). Will update DrumsUI version when I have more time.
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:16 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default november 8 2012 update crashes EQ2 on opening Woodworking Table

Today i installed the pre CoE drumsui update.
Everything seemed fine but when i did my daily tradeskill updates EQ2 crashed as soon as i opened the Woodworking Table in my house.

Is there anyone else with this problem?

Oaksterr Ygdrasil
Splitpaw
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Okay I re-updated the Updater to use the current Live tradeskill default window.

I'll switch it to the CoE tradeskill window on launch day.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 11-09-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Send a message via MSN to Dhalkar
Default Change colours

Hey!

Just wondering if there's any way to change the colour of the target/implied % _text_?
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The color of the percentages is controlled by the dynamic data, so you would have to filter out the color (I forget off hand), and set it to a static color.

I think you can modify the color ranges in the default game options though if you would like (Default is Green -> yellow -> orange -> red or something like that).
Unread 11-12-2012, 04:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Send a message via MSN to Dhalkar

[quote=Drumstix42;101414]The color of the percentages is controlled by the dynamic data, so you would have to filter out the color (I forget off hand), and set it to a static color.

Now I feel stupid, the ingame colour game options actually worked, I'm sure I've tried it before though.. strange

Well thanks for helping anyway, and sorry for the useless post ;P

Last edited by Dhalkar : 11-12-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Re-updated patcher for CoE (tradeskill and welcome windows).

Please report any bugs

Remember: colors are currently defaulted to Black on Gold until I can access my home PC files in 1-2 weeks.
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Some files could not be downloaded!

Just did the update for CoE in the DrumsUI updater. All files downloaded except eq2.ini. When trying to download that file it pops up a message box that says: Some files could not be downloaded! Please try again later!

I tried renaming my existing eq2.ini, and running as administrator, but it still can't download that specific file.