EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-03-2016, 08:58 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
I'll have to check that. The file in question was one we used as a test for something in the utility. I recall Darq mentioning recently that the file didn't seem to synch correctly and told me what to do about it. I need to go check my notes on that so I can fix it.

-= Therendil =-
Any update on this?
Unread 05-22-2016, 11:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Where can I find resolve?

I installed the new bottom bar from the other thread, that didnt seem to work. I then installed your updater (Thank you by the way) but Im still not finding resolve either on the bottom bar or in my stats window.

I have checked my ini file, it points to profitui_ce
The files in it appear to be up to date

What am I missing?
Unread 05-22-2016, 10:32 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The bottom bar fix was one of the first fixes posted. I know I checked it and I did see Resolve on the settings window. Please note that the fix applied to both the bottom bar file and the bottom bar settings file. Both files got pushed to the new updater.

I just logged in and checked again. Resolve appears in the third column, in between Noxious and Divider 7. It replaces the obsolete Item Score.

I'm not sure why you are seeing the old settings. Your eq2.ini is pointing to the right place. Is this the first time you're using ProfitUI, or did you update an existing installation? The two bottom bar files should show modified dates of 4-30-2016 or later.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-28-2016, 12:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default thank you

thanks for this!

First time for me trying this CE today (I have been running the original version up until now).

regards
JD
Unread 06-29-2016, 10:20 AM
A Griffon

Glad you like it. It is very satisfying to see how many people use ProfitUI and also to know that we can keep it going for the future.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-26-2017, 09:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Can't Run Profit CE

I downloaded Both Zip files,
File Type: zip Nuke_Profit.zip (422 Bytes, 897 views)
File Type: zip ProfitUI CE Utility.zip (130.4 KB, 1117 views)

Ran the Nuke file from eq2 folder

Next I put the Profit CE Exe. in my EQ2 Folder & ran.

I got a screen that said the folder existed, what do I do now??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Profit CE Error.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	8612  
Unread 05-27-2017, 06:08 AM
A Griffon

If the folder already exists, you should get the utility and not the setup window shown in your screenshot. Try deleting \ProfitUI_CE from your \UI folder and run the setup again. You do not need to run the nuke_profit file again.
Unread 05-28-2017, 06:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Can't Run Profit CE

Ok so I removed anything that's said "Profit" from my EQ2 folder, placed on portable hard drive and removed that from PC!

Now thee should be NO "EXISTING" folder!

Again I tried running the CE exe from my EQ2 folder.... same results!

Ran Nuk again and retried, still same result.

wouldn't it have been easier to have just made this an update

Anyway I am at a lost, replacing old Profit so I can play
Unread 05-29-2017, 10:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonryder View Post
Ok so I removed anything that's said "Profit" from my EQ2 folder, placed on portable hard drive and removed that from PC!

Now thee should be NO "EXISTING" folder!

Again I tried running the CE exe from my EQ2 folder.... same results!

Ran Nuk again and retried, still same result.

wouldn't it have been easier to have just made this an update

Anyway I am at a lost, replacing old Profit so I can play

I re-created your \Users\S.O.E structure and attempted to install ProfitUI_CE into it. Without running as administrator it was a fairly miserable experience and I had to use Task Manager to close the unresponsive app. I realize folks want to be able to name things whatever they want on their own computers. But in your case having a user named S.O.E, which in actuality is probably just a new folder added to the \Users area, is a bit over the line.

Moving your game folder into \Users\Public\S.O.E\EverQuest II would make things much easier all around. Or you could adjust the read/write permissions on your S.O.E user-folder. Or you could run the utility as an administrator. Either way, the utility can't accommodate non-standard, and likely insecure, scenarios such as this one.

Unread 06-21-2017, 01:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Moving your game folder into \Users\Public\S.O.E\EverQuest II would make things much easier all around. Or you could adjust the read/write permissions on your S.O.E user-folder. Or you could run the utility as an administrator. Either way, the utility can't accommodate non-standard, and likely insecure, scenarios such as this one.

IT WORKS ! ! !

Thanks for the Help, don't remember HOW I got the tree messed up, prolly while coping folders between PC's.

THANKS AGAIN YOUR GREAT ! !
Unread 12-18-2017, 12:17 AM
A Sea Turtle

Did the XP bar get replaced with the Default one? New computer I just downloaded the CE edition on and it doesn't have the digital display. Just curious if I need to copy from my other computers that have it, or I've done something wrong lol.
Unread 12-18-2017, 08:03 AM
A Griffon

If you are seeing the default gold XP window then you need to re-download Experience using the utility. Otherwise the XP bar may be hiding down along the bottom edge of the game window where the default bar was previously. Press F10 and stretch/move it up to make it visible.

If this is literally a brand new installation then the XP window will be in the upper left-hand corner of the game window and all you will see is a blue titlebar. Right-click the bar and minimize/maximize a couple of times to make the window appear correctly.

Unread 12-18-2017, 09:53 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
If you are seeing the default gold XP window then you need to re-download Experience using the utility. Otherwise the XP bar may be hiding down along the bottom edge of the game window where the default bar was previously. Press F10 and stretch/move it up to make it visible.

If this is literally a brand new installation then the XP window will be in the upper left-hand corner of the game window and all you will see is a blue titlebar. Right-click the bar and minimize/maximize a couple of times to make the window appear correctly.

Its weird. I had this laptop working just fine. I replaced the Harddrive with an SSD and redownloaded game and then profit CE. It takes me to regular log in page, not the editor, and then I /load_uisettings and choose profit and it still had DEfault look. Log out and back in still the same. Its like it says I'm using profit, but really I'm not and I'm at a lose lol.. to the point where I'm thinking of just copying everything from my other laptop that it works on to a harddrive and moving it over lol.. any thoughts?
Unread 12-19-2017, 07:29 AM
A Griffon

/load_uisettings loads window locations and sizes, while /loadui chooses between default and custom interfaces. Type /loadui and choose "ProfitUI Community Edition" from the list. I'd rather see you get this installation working instead of copying from another computer.
Unread 02-02-2018, 10:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
/load_uisettings loads window locations and sizes, while /loadui chooses between default and custom interfaces. Type /loadui and choose "ProfitUI Community Edition" from the list. I'd rather see you get this installation working instead of copying from another computer.

I'm guessing I must have done something wrong then? I am having the same problem as the previous poster, I use the profit ui 1680x1050 but it still looks like the default UI.

I tried your suggestion and did the /loadui, but there is nothing in the custom ui list to load.

Not quite sure what I did wrong, fresh install of eq2 and ProfitUI_CE is in the UI sub folder.

Any help appreciated!
Unread 02-03-2018, 06:31 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblooder View Post
I'm guessing I must have done something wrong then? I am having the same problem as the previous poster, I use the profit ui 1680x1050 but it still looks like the default UI.

I tried your suggestion and did the /loadui, but there is nothing in the custom ui list to load.

Not quite sure what I did wrong, fresh install of eq2 and ProfitUI_CE is in the UI sub folder.

Any help appreciated!

If there are no custom UIs in the /loadui window, then your new game installation is most likely in a different location. Right-click the icon you use to start the game and click "Open file location." Next, on the Files page of the utility click "Open in file explorer" and compare the two paths. I'm guessing they are different. If not, post again and we'll try something else.