EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis
Default Odd Sliver of extra graphic on right side of Mini Map. (Drums or EQ2MAP?)

Not sure if this is a EQ2MAPS deal, a DRUMSUI deal or something else. I use DRUMSUI as my main UI along with EQ2MAPS. Anyway, here's an image of what I'm seeing:

See that 1 or 2 pixel-wide piece of graphic showing through just to right of the mini map? It only appears when I have the Title/Frame turned on. This just started happening and I did notice that /images/window_elements_specific.dds was updated a few days ago which does seem to include those window bits. I did have the file ignored in the DrumsUI updater and have been using the default one for a long time. So, I decided to download Drums version of that file and I still see that same sliver.

So, it must be some other file that was recently changed. What files should I be looking at that controls this mini map? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Mysstie.
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The issue is with the definition of that particular UI element (either the entire UI frame or the top-right compass/corner section, depending on how it's defined). Most likely when it was defined there was nothing in the window elements dds in that region, but when something new got added the definition for the element wasn't adjusted down to not include that bit.

I don't remember off the top of my head where that particular element is defined, but the fix should be to just trim it down by a pixel or two to avoid the new element.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
A Griffon

I fixed it, sorta. The problem was actually in one of the Default UI files, mainly, eq2ui_windowelements.xml which was pulling a part out of images/specialelements.dds that included the part where the round piece is for the clock/dial but was going too far and also grabbed the left sides of the Station Cash buttons.

Original code:
Code:
<Page Location="763,515" Name="ThickDesktopWindowFrame" ScrollExtent="200,200" Size="200,200">
        <Text Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" Location="39,49" Name="Label" ScrollExtent="151,19" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style" Size="151,19">:63b143de5f518caa:DesktopWindowFrame</Text>
        <Page Name="CopyAndPasteMe" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="200,200" Size="200,200">
            <Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="200,200" Size="200,200" />
            <Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="2,3" Name="Bkg" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="195,194" Size="195,194" />
        </Page>
        <Namespace Name="data">
            <Namespace Name="right_grouper">
                <ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="w">
                    <ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/specialelements.dds" SourceRect="120,425,156,504" />
                </ImageStyle>
                <ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="e">
                    <ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/specialelements.dds" SourceRect="294,425,355,504" />
                </ImageStyle>
                <ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="center">
                    <ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/specialelements.dds" SourceRect="157,425,293,504" />
                </ImageStyle>
                <RectangleStyle Center="center" CenterStretchH="false" East="e" Name="rect" West="w" />
            </Namespace>
I changed this part of that code:
Quote:
<ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="e">
<ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/specialelements.dds" SourceRect="294,425,354,504" />
</ImageStyle>
I changed the 355 to 354 and I no longer see that sliver, but it did cause that whole part of the Titlebar piece to shift to right of the inner frame by one pixel.

_Skinnable_WindowElementsMini.xml, _Skinnable_WindowElements.xml, or eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml might also play into this somehow.

Regardless.. eq2ui_windowelements.xml was pulling out a couple pixels worth of those Station Cash buttons when it shouldn't anyway.

Last edited by Mysstie : 03-25-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

To fix the shifting, you have to edit the minimap's frame and narrow it by 1 pixel to make up for the smaller size of the image.
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, I looked in the files and there's so many frame references, many of which have sizes that don't seem anywhere close. So, I'll just live with that 1 pixel shift. It's much less annoying than those Station Cash buttons bleeding through.

Think I'll test out a total default UI on a toon I never play just to make sure it's not some other custom UI file at fault.

Yeah, that problem is still there when using a complete Default UI when the Frame and Title are turned on for the mini-map. Time to bug Sony about it.

Last edited by Mysstie : 03-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.