EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default eqmaps-manual-vista

Hiya,

I am new to eq2 and not very computer friendly. I have Vista 64 bit. I did find all the eq2 files and i manually moved the folder to the program files so i can find it easier in the future. I have located the eq2.exe but opening and trying to run the program from there results in an error. I have created the sub-folder in my ui folder and extracted all files, I also made the .ini file in the eq2 folder.

Im not sure at this point what I am doing wrong, but when I go into the game and /loadui its not there. I tried reversing the two lines of text in the .ini file and that did not work either. Please help Being a female I can get lost in my own closet so try to speak with the computers for dummies type of instruction. lol

Thanks in advance,
Myrlena
Unread 06-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Control Panel > Folder Options --> turn on viewing hidden folders. Then go to C:\ProgramData and you'll probably have an install of EQ2 in there somewhere. You can see exactly where by looking at the shortcut you use to launch EQ2, it'll show it under properties > target.
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I found that previously and moved the entire program to the regular program file folder. Should I move it back?
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Ah, I see what you mean now. The error is in the EQ2MAP updater and not the actual game, correct? If it is, what exactly does it say? Have you verified that you have a UI/EQ2MAP folder inside that EQ2 install?

It's beside the point of the error, but personally I'd back up anything you need out of your EQ2 directories (ui settings files, screenshots, logs, etc.), then (assuming you're not using the streaming patcher) move your paks directory to someplace safe, then uninstall all the versions of EQ2. Then reinstall it where you want (I personally recommend something simple and UAC-friendly like C:\EverQuest 2). You don't have to do all that, but I find that having EQ2 outside of protected directories like Program Files and ProgramData makes for fewer headaces.
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I believe the OP says they use the manual .zip package and not the updater.

Make sure you install it as described in the general FAQ linked at the top of this page. It would not appear when you type /loadui but you should not use that command, anyway. If your eq2.ini is created correctly and for the correct eq2 installation and the eq2map files are in the correct folder then your map screen in game will change automatically.