EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-03-2006, 06:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Recipe Window - Effect Back Glow

Hey guys,

I have a quick question for all you interface gurus.

Back months ago when you responded to a crafting effect/ or didn't respond to an effect, the icon would change to a black icon.

Now, when you respond to it properly it glows green and when you dont, it glows red.

This is the line from a new mod:

<Icon AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundTint="#000000" IconStyle="/IconStyles.inventory" Location="21,349" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="EventIcon" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0021/0001,0349/0001" ScrollExtent="50,50" Size="50,50" TreatAsButton="true"/>

Here is the line from the OLD interface mod:

<Icon AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundTint="#000000" IconStyle="/IconStyles.inventory" Location="27,416" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="EventIcon" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0027/0001,0416/0001" ScrollExtent="40,40" Size="40,40" TreatAsButton="true"/>

I think it has something to do with this, but im not sure...

How would i go about using the old glow (black for both) systems?

Thanks everyone!
Unread 01-04-2006, 08:12 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

I'm no expert, so someone may correct me, but from what I understand, the icon the game is providing has the green/red tint, so a UI mod can't change it.
Unread 01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Here's the line you're looking for:
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#FF0000" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" GetsInput="false" Location="14,171" Name="ResultColorPage" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Visible="false"/>

Anyhow, it's the one with Name="ResultColorPage" in it. Mine's from the fetish tradeskill page, so exact line might be different.

You can change the location to "-200,-200" or something and that will get it out of view.

The game forces visibility and opacity, so you cannot hide with those.

One other thing you could try is simply move that line after the event icon line in the xml. That should make the green/red show up but be completely covered by the event icon.

Just a few quick thoughts. If none of those work, write back and I'll think some more. It is definitely doable.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'