EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Closed Thread
Unread 08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

it seems that my deluxe crafting program does not run under your UI and shame because I really do love your UI, is there anyway around that at all? =(

thanks
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzigi
it seems that my deluxe crafting program does not run under your UI and shame because I really do love your UI, is there anyway around that at all? =(

thanks
What deluxe crafting program are you using and I'll see whats up with it..
Unread 08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

the issue is it most likely uses the default tradeskill window lije 99% of the reast of them if he was to replace it w/the default one it would work pefectly I bet
Unread 08-25-2005, 11:56 AM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Steamfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzigi

thanks
Try the one in the zip first. If it doesn't work the other one should.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tradeskills.zip (98.4 KB, 163 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_tradeskills.xml (44.8 KB, 184 views)

Unread 08-25-2005, 09:30 PM
A Coastal Crab

Actually I posted under Inzigi's name but it was me having the issue with the Tradeskills, Unfortunately I use Deluxe Crafting Assistant program

http://www.pcgametools.com/index.php...&products_id=9 and it does not even use the hotbars like it used to =X , and pardon me for being a lil Dense but where would I install those files in! =P and I appreciate the replies as well =) .

Thx
Unread 08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

/pants, almost done with the LU13 update. The ver number will jump to 2.13.0, because eXtremeUI is going through a complete makeover. Most of the makeover is from not using fetish's themes any longer. You will still be able to use his mods and prob will be able to use them allot easier now that you can install a fresh _fetishstyles.xml file.

It'll also come with an installer for the install UI impaired people.
Unread 08-26-2005, 02:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hi Landin... I've liked the look of your mod since you first came out with it, but have never been able to get it to work right. I've downloaded a lot of mods, both individual and complete sets and never had problems before so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Basically the windows get roughly arranged the way they are in your mod, but everything is giant sized and overlaps each other all over the place. My screen size is 1440x - so per your install notes I use the 1600x ui settings file and also use the EQ2.ini file you rpovided.

Been wanting to try it for the longest time but just having no luck. Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyari
Basically the windows get roughly arranged the way they are in your mod, but everything is giant sized and overlaps each other all over the place. My screen size is 1440x - so per your install notes I use the 1600x ui settings file and also use the EQ2.ini file you rpovided.

Been wanting to try it for the longest time but just having no luck. Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?
1440x- is an odd screen size and If I'm guessing right you would just need to move his window around to suit your screensize.

If you're loading a 1600x- configured window placements file you're pretty much trying to pour 2 gallons of water in a 1 gallon jar. (It ain't gonna work right)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyari
Hi Landin... I've liked the look of your mod since you first came out with it, but have never been able to get it to work right. I've downloaded a lot of mods, both individual and complete sets and never had problems before so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

I'll make a 1400 ini file and add in the next update. I was mistaken to the windows woulp position correctly when I made them.
Unread 08-26-2005, 11:44 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytor
Actually I posted under Inzigi's name but it was me having the issue with the Tradeskills, Unfortunately I use Deluxe Crafting Assistant program

***** and it does not even use the hotbars like it used to =X , and pardon me for being a lil Dense but where would I install those files in! =P and I appreciate the replies as well =) .

Thx
Seems to be a macro program to me.....which is against the EULA anyways...

edit: removed URL just so I don't seem to be advertising... *shivers* so hate third party macros....
Unread 08-28-2005, 02:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

OMG please help! I cannot get this thing working right.

I have read the doc file as well as the thread linked under Heidrickla's sig but still can't get it to work. Let me try to explain what i have done.

I am trying to set it up under a 1280x1024 resolution.

1) I unzipped it to my program files/sony/eq2/ui folder

2) Then I opened the copy_and_paste_these_files_to_eq2_main_folder and looked for the appropriate files. I chose 1 that was listed as (1280 x XXXx )server_character_eq2_uisettings since I use a 1280x1024 resolution. Pasted it to my eq2 folder and renamed it oasis_Lejen_eq2_uisettings

2) I went back to the copy_and_paste_these_files_to_eq2_main_folder and looked for the eq2ui file. The only ones I saw are (1200 x XXXX)eq2 and (1600 x XXXX)eq2. I chose the 1200, pasted it to my eq2 folder and renamed it eq2ui.

3) Closed windows and started eq2. It seems to load partially as I have windows and tabs and chat boxes. Although they don't line up quite right and it also doesn't have the gorgeous background that I see in the screenshot.

4) Went back into my folders and renames eq2ui to eq2ui.ini as I was not sure if the renaming had to be that specific. Still no luck. Help me Obi Won Kinobi, you're my only hope!
Unread 08-28-2005, 03:21 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoprd
OMG please help! I cannot get this thing working right.

I have read the doc file as well as the thread linked under Heidrickla's sig but still can't get it to work. Let me try to explain what i have done.

I am trying to set it up under a 1280x1024 resolution.

1) I unzipped it to my program files/sony/eq2/ui folder

2) Then I opened the copy_and_paste_these_files_to_eq2_main_folder and looked for the appropriate files. I chose 1 that was listed as (1280 x XXXx )server_character_eq2_uisettings since I use a 1280x1024 resolution. Pasted it to my eq2 folder and renamed it oasis_Lejen_eq2_uisettings

2) I went back to the copy_and_paste_these_files_to_eq2_main_folder and looked for the eq2ui file. The only ones I saw are (1200 x XXXX)eq2 and (1600 x XXXX)eq2. I chose the 1200, pasted it to my eq2 folder and renamed it eq2ui.

3) Closed windows and started eq2. It seems to load partially as I have windows and tabs and chat boxes. Although they don't line up quite right and it also doesn't have the gorgeous background that I see in the screenshot.

4) Went back into my folders and renames eq2ui to eq2ui.ini as I was not sure if the renaming had to be that specific. Still no luck. Help me Obi Won Kinobi, you're my only hope!

Ok does your directorys look like program files\sony\EverquestII\UI\eXtreme
with eq2.ini in the EverQuestII folder?

Oh you named it eq2ui.ini.. make it say eq2.ini.. see if that helps.
Unread 08-28-2005, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well being as I am a noob to the interface, when you said to rename it eq2.ini I literally did. Then I just renamed the ini file eq2 and it works now, well sorta.

Like I said I used the 1280 ui settings and the 1200 eq2 settings. The top part of my interface lines up almost perfectly, however the bottom does not. The group window is too long and I can't seem to be able to adjust it even after unlocking the window. That seems to be the biggest problem. Also i can't fit all of the ability bars together without actually going onto the veiwing part of the screen. I can fit 5 of them, but there are 6 bars.

Also it doesn't seem to look like the 1280x1024 beta screenshot you have so I am trying to figure out where to put everything but can't since that group bar is not resizable. The default settings don't seem to line things up either.

Is the problem that there is not a 1024 eq2 settings and I am using a 1200 eq2 settings?
Unread 08-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoprd
Well being as I am a noob to the interface, when you said to rename it eq2.ini I literally did. Then I just renamed the ini file eq2 and it works now, well sorta.

Like I said I used the 1280 ui settings and the 1200 eq2 settings. The top part of my interface lines up almost perfectly, however the bottom does not. The group window is too long and I can't seem to be able to adjust it even after unlocking the window. That seems to be the biggest problem. Also i can't fit all of the ability bars together without actually going onto the veiwing part of the screen. I can fit 5 of them, but there are 6 bars.

Also it doesn't seem to look like the 1280x1024 beta screenshot you have so I am trying to figure out where to put everything but can't since that group bar is not resizable. The default settings don't seem to line things up either.

Is the problem that there is not a 1024 eq2 settings and I am using a 1200 eq2 settings?

In the options folder you'll find all that you need. put all the .xml files in the eXtreme folder and the others go in the main eq2 folder.

As I said befor this UI was made with 1400+ rez's and any thing lower things will not all fit correctly. With LU13 around the corner my focus has been on getting that ready. Once that is don'e I'll start back on the 1280 and lower option.

Last edited by Landiin : 08-28-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 08-29-2005, 09:20 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Mana Bar Missing

Greetings,

I got your latest version and been using the 1600x1200, which works extremely well. However, there is one minor issue here. The health/mana bar, the health bar shows, but the mana bar that is supposely be below it is missing, and I have this line in its place, S: 0 C: 0 P: 0, which seems to be slashing, Crushing and Piecing. However, there is no mana progress bar anywhere and it is hard to play without it showing.

Can this be fixed or show where I can modify it so I can have it showing instead of those 3, since it is not displaying at all.
Unread 08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elik
Greetings,

I got your latest version and been using the 1600x1200, which works extremely well. However, there is one minor issue here. The health/mana bar, the health bar shows, but the mana bar that is supposely be below it is missing, and I have this line in its place, S: 0 C: 0 P: 0, which seems to be slashing, Crushing and Piecing. However, there is no mana progress bar anywhere and it is hard to play without it showing.

Can this be fixed or show where I can modify it so I can have it showing instead of those 3, since it is not displaying at all.
In the zip you will find a file call doc.html or somthing like that, that tells you by turning off and on the frames for this window you can toggel between the power bar or slashing, crushing and piercing read outs.
Unread 08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default 1600 x 1200 Powerbar?

Using the 1600x1200 version only shows my Haalth bar and no Power bar. Or is it hidden in some dark corner?

NM, sorry. Found an earlier post...

Last edited by SwedishElk : 08-30-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

The HUD button to show the giant green health numbers is misspelled as Heath HUD.

Also, it seems that whenever I cross over a map page in two pages zones (Antonica, Rivervale, Commonlands, etc.) that all of my map icons from the EQ2Map Updater get screwed up until I camp to desktop and restart EQ2. I think that has something to do with loading the pages from anywhere rather than just from the zone you're in.

Switching back and forth with the mini map option for EQ2Map also screws up the map until I camp out.
Unread 08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
The HUD button to show the giant green health numbers is misspelled as Heath HUD.
lol K thanks for the catch

Quote:
Also, it seems that whenever I cross over a map page in two pages zones (Antonica, Rivervale, Commonlands, etc.) that all of my map icons from the EQ2Map Updater get screwed up until I camp to desktop and restart EQ2. I think that has something to do with loading the pages from anywhere rather than just from the zone you're in.

Switching back and forth with the mini map option for EQ2Map also screws up the map until I camp out.
That is an issue with fetish's map; I don't give support for it, I just supply it because people asked for it. You my try one of his post to get help with it.

It also will not be included in the next release because its so buggy for a lot of you. I for one never have any issues with it, but then I don't run around with the map open, I tend to remember where I have been. If I do use it, its just to look to see where I need to go or get a wisp trail going.
Unread 09-03-2005, 08:36 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default guild logo

was wondering how to get the guild logo on the screens. insteed of the words.
Unread 09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddwick
was wondering how to get the guild logo on the screens. insteed of the words.

I am almost sure I incuded a photoshop file in the image folder that you can use to make your guild logo. Once you do u have to save it as guildlogo.dds overwriting the current one in the image folder.
Unread 09-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Sorry there hasn't been any updates I have been out of time and well also getting things ready for LU13. While I was out of town in school I was able to get every thing redone. when I say every thing I mean it. This was a total rewrite of most windows. All Fetishstyles are gone so if you you are using a none eXtreme window that is based on fetish you will need to install or keek your _fetishstyles.xml file or it will brake.

I will get the installer working tomorrw and when I get home I'll upload it. 2.13 will be the update note. This will brake the skills and persona window, to get them to work just use the default till LU13 goes live. If any one is the expantion beta please use most of the area windows as you can and PM with how they are working. Being I am not in beta I can only look at them in the uibuilder and not test them

Cheers Landiin.
Unread 09-06-2005, 11:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Neriak
Thumbs Up

Just wanted to say.... GREAT JOB

Wow ... what an intro to installer too!

Loaded my usual res .. 1280 x and liked what I saw but missed the 2 sets of chat windows that I got used to.

Now.. for those that are like me that have a difficult time seeing and want sorta "full effect" found that 1360 x 1024 works rather nice with little tweaking. (tried 1600 x but too small for my old eyes )

Keep up the great work this ui is EXTREME
Unread 09-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

You know I almost put in a 1380 res option, but thought who would use it.. Hmm Maybe I should put one in the largest witdh for ever step? Hmm thats a lot of switches.. Hmm
Unread 09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Neriak

I never woulda thought to use 1380 but thought what I got to lose lol

couple things I noticed so far:

1) group member health not showing

2) minor ... Raid boxes are open on startup and need to click button for each window 2x to close separatly.

And been meaning to ask, dunno if been discussed earlier (too lazy to search) how are presets used?
Closed Thread