EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Beta - mini monk stat bar and full stat bar

Ok, go easy here, this is my first hack. The original file was found somewhere on this site. I believe a "Sage" file... at any rate, all I have really done is wack at the code a bit to replace the coins with dps/haste stats (on full bar). Then I thought I would be slick and try my luck at a mini bar that only contains attack, dps and haste mod.

So, ya .. give it a go and lemme know how it works or what I can do in a grand attempt to make it better.

P.S. To move it about, drag the top-left corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	statbars.gif
Views:	1475
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	5909  
Attached Files
File Type: zip stat.zip (30.8 KB, 1111 views)

Last edited by bob23 : 09-03-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Unread 05-06-2008, 04:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Very Nice

This is working good and it looks nice. The only thing i would like to see changed on the small version, would be to add the right click ability to make the window transparent and to remove the frame as well as lock it in place. I would also like to remove the Attack rating off of it.

Also, anyone know how to hide a window, i tried /hide_window mainhud.eq2ui_mouseovericons.xml but that didnt work.

Very Nice

Last edited by justinx : 05-06-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Unread 06-01-2008, 10:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I messed around with this a bit and got it somewhat like i wanted. I still cant hide the window, nor can i adjust the size or transparency. But it is just showing my Dps and Haste like i wanted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dps_Haste.JPG
Views:	677
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	6445

Dps_Haste_bar.zip
Unread 06-01-2008, 01:15 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

It is odd that you have chosen the name eq2ui_mouseovericons.xml. This is a Default file for styles and is called as an <include> in the eq2ui.xml file. This forces it to be loaded on the outermost layer of the UI. This is why your window controls do not act on it (right click menu) and also why it cannot be hidden.

I have modified the filename to eq2ui_dpsbar.xml and some of the internal code to make it useable in the context of a UI parent such as Custom or MainHUD. This allows for the right click features and the /show_window and /hide_window functions.

I would suggest putting it in the eq2ui_custom.xml as an <include> to avoid confusion with standard UI peices.

I have also made it resizable although I am not sure why you wanted this, since you only had two values displayed. However, should you see fit to add more the code will support a resizable frame for the info.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_dpsbar.xml (1.5 KB, 1071 views)
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow thanks! I guess it doesnt have to be resizable, i was thikning when i tried to shrink it, everything would get smaller. I realise now it doesnt work that way.

Could you suggest what i can modify in your code so that the in game window says DPS instead of just DP ?

Thanks to both of you for your help with this, Ive never edited a xml file before and i have no idea what any of that stuff means.

For those wondering, the macro to show this window is /show_window Custom.Dpsbar

Last edited by justinx : 06-02-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:01 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Well, not sure what you could edit to get the results you want. I did not test it until you said it was only displaying DP. After testing it looked fine.

I did go in and add a margin to compensate a bit for a possible resolution or font substitute positioning issue, but not sure if that will help.

If you are still having trouble, send me a screenshot capture of what you see. You can mail me here or at [email protected].

This is what I see in game.

Adjusted code attached.

This is the line that describes your DPS label, however if you monkey with it, you might push it into the DPSValue position. But minor adjustments of the Margin number where I have 2 might help. The Location first number also controls where it start in the rectangle and might be adjusted if the Margin adjustment pushes the label out of view slightly.

Code:
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fonts.FontArial14" Location="2,0" Margin="0,0,2,0" Name="DPSLabel" ScrollExtent="25,15" Size="25,15" TextAlignment="Right" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" TextColor="#C7CFC7">:42aee842d120af83:DPS</Text>
Trial and error. It is not exact science since so many variables between systems and resolutions can exist.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_dpsbar.xml (1.5 KB, 1063 views)
Unread 06-05-2008, 11:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I used your info and put it into my old one and got it to work, thanks for all your help.

When i get time to play with it, i want to move the "Haste" portion over to the left a little so the window isnt so long. Still allowing for 3 digit DPS.