EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest
Default SiUI Hotbars (Reuse, Ward/Trigger counts, Duration)

I'm working (infrequently) on revamping the way information is presented in the EQ2 interface, and this is the first result of that work. I'm naming these improvements "Silicon UI" for now, but I do not intend to create an entire UI mod.

Included here is a modification of the hotbars (incl. Beastlord) that can show duration of the spell (as a decreasing bar), and current reactive/ward/trigger/etc counts, overlayed on the hotbar buttons for each ability. Non-beastlord hotbars can also show reuse text (incl. for Beastlord primals if you need reuse text on these).

You will need to be using a custom UI mod, or know how to set one up, because I'm a bit lazy.

While I believe it to be fairly stable at this point, I would like any feedback you can provide, even if it's just about the appearance.

From the README.txt:

USAGE
To enable reuse text, set the hotbar to show Frame Only.
To enable reuse text, duration bar, and triggers/ward amount/etc,
set the hotbar to show Frame and Titlebar.
NOTES
This mod gets this information from the Maintained Spell information
provided by EQ2. This means that when the information is present, it
is accurate. It also means that it will not be present if you have too
many maintained abilities active. EQ2 limits the abilities you can see
to 30. This is a really low number. Unfortunately, EQ2 also
prioritizes the abilites that are always active and you do not actually
care about, leaving out the important ones when you get more than 30.
I can't do anything about this. Please complain to SOE.
INSTALLATION
If you do not have a custom UI directory, create one.
It should be in the path where your EverQuest2.exe is, inside UI.

Copy the *.xml files to the UI directory, so that you have:
C:\PathToEQ2\EverQuest2.exe
C:\PathToEQ2\UI\CustomUI\Si_MaintainedTracker.xml
C:\PathToEQ2\UI\CustomUI\Si_Hotkey_Spells.xml
C:\PathToEQ2\UI\CustomUI\eq2ui_mainhud_beastlord.xml
C:\PathToEQ2\UI\CustomUI\eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml

where PathToEQ2 and CustomUI can be anything. I do not know how your system is set up.

Edit C:\PathToEQ2\UI\CustomUI\eq2ui_custom.xml (which you may copy from the Default UI),
and add the following lines to the END of the file.
<!-- IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU IGNORE ANY WARNINGS ABOUT ONLY ADDING LINES ABOVE SOME SPOT. -->
<!-- THESE LINES NEED TO GO AT THE VERY END OF THE FILE. -->

Code:
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Si" Visible="false">
<include>Si_MaintainedTracker.xml</include>
<include>Si_Hotkey_Spells.xml</include>
</Page>

For developers:
Included is Si_MaintainedTracker.xml, which is a generic module for tracking maintained spells by name rather than maintained slot. It is highly efficient and can be used by multiple UI mods at the same time. It should be straightforward to implement spell timer windows, etc, in a more efficient manner than has been done in the past by using it. The Beastlord bar implementation is far simpler than the Hotbar implementation for various reasons, if you need an example usage.

Screenshot: (the default size is still 42px, I just resize mine)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SiUI-Hotbars-20130304.zip (11.2 KB, 851 views)

Last edited by Zinx : 03-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Known bugs in 2013-03-04 beta:
  • None, for now.
Known bugs in 2013-02-25 beta:
  • Beastlord bar overlay has wrong size after zoning, resizing/toggling mode fixes it.
  • "Reliable" Gnomish Pacemaker and any other items/spells with a " in them are not tracked properly (I am not currently aware of other items/spells like this).

Last edited by Zinx : 03-04-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

This looks amazing. Make it happen, please!
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

You could probably get around the quotes problem in names if you wrap things in single quotes.

Sometimes in the code you have to use tricks and wrap things in single quotes and then wrap it again later in double quotes, Either way, if it doesn't affect many things it's probably no big deal.
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You could probably get around the quotes problem in names if you wrap things in single quotes.

Sometimes in the code you have to use tricks and wrap things in single quotes and then wrap it again later in double quotes, Either way, if it doesn't affect many things it's probably no big deal.
Yeah I think it only does that one item, which I can just special case. I use double quotes specificly because single ones are very common

Edit: Oh, a little background on why this happens. When a spell is added or removed from the tracker, 3 variables get updated - one with code to run when a specific spell is removed from a maintained spell slot, one with code to run when a spell gets a maintained slot, and one to run to build those two/itself with conditionals (for removing), etc. The variables are named with a prefix and the spell name, so the lookup is roughly O(1) as far as the script is concerned.

The only slow part of this is updating the strings, and it's still fairly fast, and that's also the least common operation (you generally do not add/remove tracked spells during game play - this happens for example when changing which spells are tracked with a spell tracker, and when you change the hotbars around).

Last edited by Zinx : 03-04-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Fixed the two bugs I knew about, attached 2013-03-04 to the original post, do let me know if there are any bugs I'm not seeing
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, you've probably noticed the lack of updates; I've been busy with real life and I may not be getting back in to EQ2 for a while since the guild I was in dissolved, and I don't currently have the time to devote to a new guild.

If anyone (with the skill) wants to take over this project, I can help you understand some of the internals. If anyone wants to make it look like another interface, I can probably help you with that too, and you don't need as much skill there
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default updated using betaserver info

Added file for Channeler eq2ui_mainhud_channeler.xml used all code from beastlord just updated with channeler spells.

Made correction to Si_MaintainedTracker.xml to correct double quotes for spell "Protect Me!" , this error would shout everytime you zoned or place spell on hotbars basically saying "Parent. whatever hotbar and slot #"

Updated readme file with corrections.

Seems to be working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SiUI-Hotbars-20131103.zip (14.7 KB, 721 views)

Last edited by kenbee : 11-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.