EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mini Skill Window Beta

The beginnings of the mini harvesting skill window. It's a modded persona window as per the discussion in the request forum, as well as a custom window that needs to be added to eq2ui_custom.xml:

<include>eq2ui_custom_miniskill.xml</include>

To show the window use /show_window Custom.MiniSkill

The custom window will display ? / ? for some stats until you get an update, zone, or mouseover the skill in the persona window.

Things that aren't working quite right:
1) Initializing. Working backwards might be possible, but each skill is given a #. To access Gathering from the miniskill window, use:
Code:
Parent.Parent.Persona.MainPage.TabPages.Skills.SkillTabPages.InnerPage.Utility.Frame.UtilityComposite.CategoryTemplate.Composite.1048513601.Status.Text
Not sure if the # changes from session to session or character to character.

3) "Safe Fall" The space seems to prevent that skill from updating properly.

So, have some fun with this.

---
Interesting side effect, when skills are modified up or down, they appropriately turn red or green.
Attached Files
File Type: zip miniskill.zip (11.8 KB, 789 views)

Last edited by pooka : 08-28-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: afterthoughts
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
1) Initializing. Working backwards might be possible, but each skill is given a #. To access Gathering from the miniskill window, use:
Code:
Parent.Parent.Persona.MainPage.TabPages.Skills.SkillTabPages.InnerPage.Utility.Frame.UtilityComposite.CategoryTemplate.Composite.1048513601.Status.Text
Not sure if the # changes from session to session or character to character.
That's quite cool tbh, I never knew about those numbers (and they seem to be fixed numbers, your example works for me). Not sure how you got them (the OnHoverIn trick did not output that for me) but if you can do it the same on other tables you've opened up a whole lot of possibilities (my ugly market window hack could be done much nicer, you could finally work with sortable tables, etc.).

In the request thread the way I was thinking about doing it was pushing the Name and Status values OnTextChanged from the persona window to the custom window onto a button there which would simply do text comparisons to assign them to the relevant text objects on the custom window. The custom window could inject the OnTextChanged code into the Persona window during runtime so you do not need to mod that.

However since you have those numbers you could simply make OnTextChanged hit a button in the custom window which then polls all the values directly, much nicer.

That should also make all your problems and limitations go away.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-27-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've got most of it sorted out, but I've run into a sticking point with multiple composites that have the same name. Working from the persona window, I can find the path to a skill. However, if that skill isn't in the topmost composite on a page, I can't access it from outside.

Using the OnHoverIn=Parent.Parent.Name method, both Safe Fall and Fishing share a common path, but they don't.

Somewhere between UtilityComposite and CategoryTemplate, the composite elements are being indexed and I haven't figured out how to access beyond the first. This hides the top group on the General Tab:
Code:
Parent.Parent.Persona.MainPage.TabPages.Skills.SkillTabPages.InnerPage.Utility.Frame.UtilityComposite.CategoryTemplate.Visible=False
This hides the all of the groups on the General Tab:
Code:
Parent.Parent.Persona.MainPage.TabPages.Skills.SkillTabPages.InnerPage.Utility.Frame.UtilityComposite.Visible=False
Is there anyway to access the other sub-groups? Some syntax that I'm unaware of? I've tried:
CategoryTemplate_1
'CategoryTemplate 1'
CategoryTemplate(1)
CategoryTemplate[1]
CategoryTemplate.1

And, I got the #'s (and the path to them) like this:
Code:
                <Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="36,163" Name="SkillTemplate" PackSize="a" RStyleDefault="/SpecialElements.SkillProgressBar.data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="269,32" Size="269,32" Visible="false">
                    <Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" Location="6,8" MaxLines="1" Name="Name" PackLocation=",cfc" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="214,18" Size="214,18" OnHoverIn="LocalText=Parent.Name" OnHoverOut="LocalText=Parent.Parent.Name">:42aee842ba871024:Very Light Armor</Text>
                    <Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" Location="157,8" MaxLines="1" Name="Status" PackLocation="fff,cfc" ScrollExtent="105,18" Size="105,18" TextAlignment="Right"                     OnHoverIn="Parent.Name.LocalText=Parent.Parent.Parent.Name"
                    OnHoverOut="Parent.Name.LocalText=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Name">:42aee842822e5ea7:15 / 25</Text>
                    <Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Frame" PackSize="a" RStyleDefault="/SpecialElements.SkillProgressBar.data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="269,32" Size="269,32" />
                    <Progressbar BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Color="#FF0000" Name="Progress" PackSize="a" Progress="0.750" ScrollExtent="269,32" Size="269,32" Style="/SpecialElements.SkillProgressBar.data.style" />
                </Page>