EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-12-2008, 09:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default only eqII map works no other intrface

hello i am running eq2 map updater current version. that works perfect. what i cant get to work is anything else. i am installing them in the same directory (i named it myui) in the everquest2 folder. i have the ini set up correctly in the main folder
i am rather at a loss. would like to have the journal and a health bar and a couple of others but cant get any love. i have read the help files and cant seem to get any clue on what is wrong. any help would be great

now i am confused on the loadui command. do i run that with the file name? or with the folder name? have not done that cause it seems to kill all my personal settings.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You might have said this, just making sure: if EQ2MAP is installed in
Everquest II\UI\myui
then everything else needs to go into this same folder. You do not need to edit eq2.ini (the eq2map updater has done that for you if eq2map is already working). Nothing else needs to be done except for what the individual install instructions of the mods you are installing might tell you. Certainly do not use /loadui (ever).
Unread 02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default checking now

i did not have it in ui/myui that can probably make a big difference i am not sure how i missed that.. not telling you how to specificy the folder but maybe doulble make that clear? i really appreciate the help
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhoerauf View Post
hello i am running eq2 map updater current version. that works perfect. what i cant get to work is anything else. i am installing them in the same directory (i named it myui) in the everquest2 folder. i have the ini set up correctly in the main folder
i am rather at a loss. would like to have the journal and a health bar and a couple of others but cant get any love. is.
EXACT same problem. I cant get anything but the map to work. I am unzipping into the bobui (yes I named it same as in instructions)
Please help

I just tried again ..unzipped into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\bobsui and it didn't work
I am not a computer person, just an ordinary woman
After I unzipped it to that folder, that is all I did. Am I missing the next step?

Last edited by ladygamer5 : 02-13-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Are you using the auto-updating version or the manual download? If you are using the latter, have you created the necessary eq2.ini file to point at that directory (I believe the auto-updating version automatically creates that file for you)?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-13-2008, 09:45 AM
A Brown Bear

I did everything step by step in the instructions sticky including creating that eq2 ini
i have tried several things and the only one that worked was by goldi but there were problems and he/she never answered my questions so i deleted it.

With the goldi file there was something given to run but with the others all I see to do is unzip it.
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Default (need help)Totally inexperienced but have read everything

This is on a thread but was concerned no one would read it since its an old thread

i am running eq2 map updater current version. that works perfect. what i cant get to work is anything else. i am installing them in the same directory in the everquest2 folder. i have the ini set up correctly in the main folder

I cant get anything but the map to work. I am unzipping into the bobui (yes I named it same as in instructions)
Please help

I just tried again ..unzipped into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\bobsui and it didn't work
I am not a computer person, just an ordinary woman
After I unzipped it to that folder, that is all I did. Am I missing the next step?
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
Are you using the auto-updating version or the manual download? If you are using the latter, have you created the necessary eq2.ini file to point at that directory (I believe the auto-updating version automatically creates that file for you)?
If you have a working UI there is no need to make a new eq2.ini file.
As it allready pointing to your UI folder.
Just add the files to the same UI folder.
Make sure the files don't end up one folder to deep.
Compare with the Default folder should have the same file tree
All files missing in your UI folder are loaded from default, so they need to have the same file tree.

Last edited by jnils : 02-13-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
A Brown Bear

did all that.. still doesnt work
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

Can you tell me what UI you tying to install??
Unread 02-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

If you're all downloading the update don't unzip it to your UI, unzip it somewhere else and then run it to install it. If you have your eq2.ini file correctly set up the autoupdater will then detect it and install eq2map properly. It sounds like y'all might be unzipping the updater into your UI directory, which will do nothing, heh.
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'd say I gave the solution in post #2 of the thread.

(again, if you have EQ2MAP, put everything into the EQ2MAP folder, don't make a further \bobsui folder)
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I'd say I gave the solution in post #2 of the thread.

(again, if you have EQ2MAP, put everything into the EQ2MAP folder, don't make a further \bobsui folder)
not a solution for me since I had done that part correctly
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
If you're all downloading the update don't unzip it to your UI, unzip it somewhere else and then run it to install it. If you have your eq2.ini file correctly set up the autoupdater will then detect it and install eq2map properly. It sounds like y'all might be unzipping the updater into your UI directory, which will do nothing, heh.
this sounds like the problem.. yes i unzipped to the UI/bobsui folder so now I made a folder on the desktop and unzipped to there.
One thing I tried was SageUI Journal LU 34. When I opened the new desk folder there were files but nothing to run or install.

the other I tried in a different new desktop folder was profitUI
it had something to install so I did and it immediately crashed. i checked the folder and it had installed profitiu downloader.exe and when i clicked that.. it crashed (the exe). Again, this is located...C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\bobsui with the files being unzipped to a new folder on my desktop.
what do i try next?

note: i successfully installed goldi's set the other day but my armor would disappear and I could not move my unlocked hotbars and never got a reply on his/her forum so I had to uninstall it.. point being.. at least one of them did work! : )

Last edited by ladygamer5 : 02-13-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygamer5 View Post
the other I tried in a different new desktop folder was profitUI
it had something to install so I did and it immediately crashed. i checked the folder and it had installed profitiu downloader.exe and when i clicked that.. it crashed (the exe). Again, this is located...C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\bobsui with the files being unzipped to a new folder on my desktop.
what do i try next?
The FAQ (containing installation instructions) is linked in my sig. For the updater you need the latest Java runtime. You can also double-click the .jar file if the .exe gives you trouble. And there's also a manual install if you still can't get it to work.
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The FAQ (containing installation instructions) is linked in my sig. For the updater you need the latest Java runtime. You can also double-click the .jar file if the .exe gives you trouble. And there's also a manual install if you still can't get it to work.
I tried all 3.
what probably seems easy to almost all of you is not easy nor understood easily to some of us who are not computer gurus.
I know that goldi must understand this since his UI installed extremely easily and if he ever sees my posts with the probs of losing armor etc I will just d/l that again.
I looked at your FAQ and most is over my head so I will just have to be content with the default EQ UI.
I hope that when you fellas design these things in the future you will consider the computer challenged or else we will all be doomed with default. I dont know what java runtime is or what a .jar is but I did click on it.

thanks for trying to help.
Unread 02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, I don't see what's hard in downloading a .zip and extracting it into you EQ2 folder (= install instructions for the manual ProfitUI), I can't really make it easier than that.

And the java runtime that you need for the updater is linked in my install instructions, if you can't take the time to read them and click that link, again, can't make it easier than that. Unless you expect me to fly over to your place and click that link for you.
Unread 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Not a matter of taking time to read it.. I did read over it and if you are the author then I salute you as a genius.
If I mess something up.. I dont have the understanding or experience to correct it. I have already wasted hours on this.

I agree.. it should be simple to unzip into a file so I don't know why it is not working.

Let me start over.. with a simple mod for the quest journal. I already got rid of everything else (and had to reinstall my map)
so now. . i unzipped this to my desktop and in it are documents only.. no exe etc. so how do I get this installed? I tried unzipping it into the 'bobsui' folder but that didnt work. My map works tho! and I have tried putting everything in that same folder with the map.. its not a subfolder.

I am a simple female gamer not a pc expert but I was able to handle all the mods with WOW I wanted with no problems.. so I don't understand why this is not working
thank you for you help
Unread 02-13-2008, 04:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve my instructions, but you would have to be a bit more forthcoming with what parts in particular you do not easily understand.

And if you want install a journal mod, the file you extract will be called eq2ui_journals_quest.xml. Drop that into your Everquest II\UI\EQ2MAP folder (or whatever you called it) and you're done (of course the specific mod you want to install may comprise further files, follow that mod's installation instructions in that case).
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
A Griffon

Just making sure I understand... You've got eq2map autoupdater running and your maps work. You're now trying to install another mod in addition to eq2maps.

Since eq2maps are working you've got an eq2.ini file. I'll assume you did a default installation, so it should be at:

c:\program files\sony\everquest ii\eq2.ini

Open that file with any text editor. It should look something like what you see below. The bit in bold might be different.

cl_ui_skinname eq2map
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Whatever your eq2.ini file has listed after cl_ui_skinname is the location of your mod directory. If it says 'cl_ui_skinname monkeyinglasses' then your mods would be in c:\program files\sony\everquest ii\ui\monkeyinglasses\

Now that we've got that cleared up. Close eq2.ini without saving it.

Download the mod of your choice (note that if it has an installation file that needs to be run, you're on your own, what I'm talking about is just your average, everyday, run of the mill, drop in mod).

Extract the files from your freshly downloaded zip file to that previously determined mod directory.

Now restart eq2 (not just log into another character, camp to desktop and then restart.)

Your mod should be working.
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:34 PM
A Brown Bear

I read your directions and even though that is exactly what I tried last time.. I tried it again .. and it worked
Now, I will try another little 'drop in'.. too scared to try the big ones lol
thank you

later:
Successfully installed 2 more but then removed one to replace it with another (group mod) and the old one continues to show up.

The only thing I did differently that I can see was that you said to d/l install etc and then close out the game. I always closed out the game totally before I even did the d/l. But whatever, it is working now

Last edited by ladygamer5 : 02-13-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Unread 02-14-2008, 02:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

See, I knew I had the solution in post #2.

Glad it's working for you now.

PS: Pooka, come redo my FAQs.