EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Patch Notes

Unread 01-15-2014, 06:50 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Default [Live] Update Notes: Thursday, January 16, 2014

MERCENARIES
In response to player feedback, we have revised the Mercenary user interface in the Character panel to add summon/suspend functionality and clarify the features overall.
As a reminder, mercenaries (normal and rare) may be resummoned after 60 seconds from when they were last suspended.

POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
Vesspyr Isles
Fixed an issue that was preventing Draazak from being spawned when the correct items were turned in.
The red shinnies onAeternaGardenshave been moved a bit further away from Wuoshi.

Underfoot Depths
Regulus and Regulas should no longer reset a few seconds after they are triggered.

Temple of Veeshan: Guardian’s Edifice
The spell “Bone Rot” in the Andreis the Culler encounter should hit for slightly less and should tick less often.
The spell “Commanding Leadership” in the Gerid, Harin, and Merig encounter should hit for slightly less.
Sacrifice of Bone adds in the Andreis the Culler encounter should no longer occasionally spawn more than they should.
There should be more time between waves after the first group spawns in the second wing ring event.

Temple of Veeshan: Laboratory of Mutation (Heroic and Advanced Solo)
Corrected an issue that prevented the option to revive at the zone entrance.

Stratum of the Protector
Shazzak should now reliably return after the Fragment of Shazzak phase.

Channeler Epic
Sphere order in the final boss fight should now be predictable.

ABILITIES / ALTERNATE ADVANCEMENT
Channeler
Truespirit Rift is now click-through.

ITEMS
Insane Hammer of the Custodian is now a hammer.
Maximum stack size for Draconic Incense has been increased.

QUESTS
Quenching the Parched - Map quest marker has been adjusted to include all 12 of the flower spawn points.
Spiritbreaker and Spiritbreaker, Eianosheoll's Folly are now available from the Shady Erudite, if you have completed their respective quests.
Reduced the rotation on the daily Cobalt Scar missions from a full day to 18 hours.

More...
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Re: the mercenary pane changes (up on Test).

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I look at this and my first reaction as a developer is "Burn it with FIRE!". There's just way too much there for what looks like a simple "Add suspend and resume buttons to the current merc slot.". And why bother, since that functionality's already clear on the existing resume/hire button at the bottom and while I don't see a pressing need for a suspend button it should be easy enough to do with just a simple button without that massive nested namespace monstrosity. I am not following SOE's lead here in Profit if I can avoid it, I'm sticking to the single resume/hire button at the bottom and leaving the lock icon out of the current merc slot since it's irrelevant there (and redundant in the available-mercs list after they put in the section labels, but at least there it doesn't confuse anyone).
Unread 01-16-2014, 08:05 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I could not agree more, the previous mercenary tab was a mess but the new one is an even bigger C.F. It's a game within a game. They might as well replace the whole merc tab with Tetris or maybe "gems" from EQ1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	neverlands.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	8296  

Last edited by Darqwood : 01-29-2016 at 12:22 PM.