Unread 12-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Featured Artist
Featured

Server: Mistmoore
Default T.King's Undead Gothic Theme for Everquest II

T.KING’S UNDEAD GOTHIC THEME FOR EVERQUEST II – version 1.0

Updates – News: December 23, 2005
  • Please check back for updates.
  • Sorry for the long wait on this one, the next theme should be released in a much shorter time-frame.
  • We're waiting to get feedback on the size of some windows, but we are planning on an optional downsize patch.

Description

An Undead Gothic inspired interface theme, based on the original fantasy art of T.King. This is the first T.King interface art theme released for Everquest II.

Download

You can download this theme here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4143

Introduction

This UI is a complete reskin of the EverQuest II UI. As such, most other UI mods should work with a minimum of trouble.

• Special Features:

o Player Window:
 Skull Flashes when attacking
 Displays Avoidance, Mitigation, and current / max HP's and Power
 Displays Experience, Tradeskill Experience, current adventure / tradeskill level, and current debt
 Displays concentration
o Group Window:
 Skull "fills" when casting, harvesting, or using abilities / combat arts.
 displays harmful effects on groupmembers (overlayed on top of the skull)
 displays current / max hp's of groupmembers
 clicking the groupmembers name/health bar acts as the /assist command
 spell / combat art / ability name displayed under the window, along with "error" messages (IE, the door you are trying to click is "Too Far Away".)
o Target Window - 3 versions to choose from:
 "Melee" Version (Default) - skulls flash when attacking
 "caster" version (optional, see below) - skulls "fill" when casting or using abilities
 "Standard" Version (optional, see below) - skulls sit there looking pretty, with no distracting flashing, etc.
 all versions include "implied target" (Health of Target's Target for those transitioning from EQ1)
o Quest Journal:
 Lists writs for both Freeport and Qeynos citizens
 lists heritage quests up through Desert of Flames expansion
 Lists lore & legends information
 harvesting information up to tier 6
 Prismatic weapons quest tree information
 hunting guide
 housing prices
 guild rewards
 live update 18 compliant, you can still see quest rewards
o Hotkey Bar:
 3/4 size icons are hardcoded - the "slider" to resize the hotkey bar is not supported by default, see below for instructions to enable it.
 available with or without scrollbar arrows. In the version without them, you can hit <SHIFT> + # to change hotkey pages rapidly.
o Knowledge book:
 very detailed artwork. The skull at the bottom spine of the book acts as the close button.
 the upper and lower corners on the left side will take you to the first page, and on the right side, will take you to the last page.
 approximately half way down each page on the very edge, the red arrow's will take you to the next or previous page.
o loadscreens:
 the artwork viewed while zoning has been replaced with selected T. King prints. This does not apply to the Desert of Flames expansion, as it would more than triple the size of the UI. (Each DoF zone has it's own loadscreen folder... and you wondered why that patch took so long to download!!)

Installation

Please see the install instructions folder inside the Undead-Gothic folder for assistance installing / configuring the UI.

Credits

All artwork used in this UI is the original creation, or slightly modified versions of T.King (tkingart.com). Additional code by Kuvasie and Wulfgyr, except as noted below.

• The Quest Journal contained within this UI was originally made by Valdacil, and further revamped by Silverfox.
• Zonx and Burgdorf inspired the re-write of the compass and clock windows, though all code was written by wulfgyr.

Contacts

Support provided at EQ2interface.com only.

T.King | [email protected]
Wulfgyr | [email protected]
S.Bucanon | [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000003.jpg
Views:	3545
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	4362  

Last edited by T.King : 12-23-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Unread 12-24-2005, 02:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Outstanding Work!!!!!!!!

This UI Rocks, made me switch from Profit UI. I have the UI set up with the Group and Stat windows on the upper corners and the Target window in the middle. Chat windows are open in the lower corners with the quest helper in the middle. Hot bars are in 2 X 6 mode and across the top of the chat bar. The whole thing is letterboxed and looks sweeeet.

Just have a couple requests if they are possible:

1) Any way to make a button so that I can open and close all boxes and bags with one click? This allows me to turn off the Frames and Titles and creates a bit more space when having them all open at the same time.

2)Can the hotbars be tweeked to allow them to have a black bacground, rather than be clear all the time?

3)Any way that the Inventory screen can be tweeked to include the stats such as the Inventrory screen created by Dragowulf?

4)Add the names and timer of spells to the Maintained spells window.

Other than that this thing is so dam cool and user friendly, that I keep looking for the button that puts my toon on Auto pilot and he plays himself while I sleep lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000004.jpg
Views:	2013
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	4376  

Last edited by Faedia : 12-24-2005 at 02:48 AM.
Unread 12-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Default Requests - sounds doable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faedia
Just have a couple requests if they are possible:

1) Any way to make a button so that I can open and close all boxes and bags with one click? This allows me to turn off the Frames and Titles and creates a bit more space when having them all open at the same time.

2)Can the hotbars be tweeked to allow them to have a black bacground, rather than be clear all the time?

3)Any way that the Inventory screen can be tweeked to include the stats such as the Inventrory screen created by Dragowulf?

4)Add the names and timer of spells to the Maintained spells window.

Other than that this thing is so dam cool and user friendly, that I keep looking for the button that puts my toon on Auto pilot and he plays himself while I sleep lol.
Those certainly sound like realistic requests - One additional nice thing about the UI (and a reason for it's delayed release), is that you can grab any "standard" mod that doesn't have a custom skin, and plug it in, and the UI will skin it. That's all that was done with the xSilverfox journal, actually - no re-skinning was necessary. So, you could grab the Geniva or Profit maintained spells window, and just drop it into the Undead-Gothic folder, and it should work just fine!

The inventory screen mod sounds intriguing, and I don't think the hotbar background will be hard to tweak. I think the trickiest sounding thing is the button to open / close all bags & boxes... but it's a great idea (both my mystic and 2-box wizard alt are tradeskillers, so this would be very handy) that I'll look at, after I enjoy a bit of holiday cheer.

Thanks to Tom for his incredible art - without that, none of this would be possible, since I am distinctly lacking in the artistic department. And a big thank you to the eq2interface community - please, keep the comments coming, so we can continue to improve this UI, and make future UI themes even better!!

Of course, if you use and like the UI, please rate it - this aids not only the UI designers, but the community as a whole!

PS - Great screen shot, thanks!!

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-24-2005 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added PS
Unread 12-24-2005, 02:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Wulf this might help a bit. Tie the bag and box button into the Start button such as this one: Z Start Button with Full/Window Screen.

I downloaded some UI pieces to accomplish what I wanted with my requests until you guys possibly tweek this one. Definately gave this a 5 star rating. Can't wait to see what the next theme is. I have all good toons and it is a tad weird with an evil looking UI, but when the UI is this dam good you use it!

Many thanks

Faedia
Unread 12-24-2005, 03:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Wulf I dropped the Profit UI Maintained window, Dragowulf Inventory, Deathbane 3/4 Hotbars and Ger's Bags into t he UI an dit looks sweet. Had no clue the UI would automatically skin them so they look as if they are original.

Thanks
Unread 12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Heyas. I'm a Fetish Nightfall user. Been actually waiting for more 'undead gothic' theme to float around for my necro main. Was wondering though, since I use some other mods even to my Nightfall, if it would be possible to maybe just do a re-skin for a few mods below:

Mahonri's Quick Change SD Window
Nightfalls map window (can make the map small and scroll about with 4 buttons, upper left corner)
Nightfalls Inventory screen

I put up the Quick Change window but its black, can't see any writing or anything. Almost the same with the Inventory.

Just a few suggestions. Love the UI, but like the functionality of Nightfall.
Unread 12-24-2005, 06:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Faedia, I have a couple of questions for you, I really like what you did with this UI. How did you get those black bars along the bottom and top of the screen? I amalso a past Profit UI user, and I'm missing functions like the start button features and the EXP bar. Also, I am using a 1280X800 resolution on my laptop, so the small text is almost unreadable on the buttons in the Extra parts of the quest journal Heritage/etc.

EDIT: Found my problem.....Is there a way I can go through ALL the files, and change all lines:
Code:
/CommonElements.SmallPushButton.data.style
To
Code:
/CommonElements.PushButton.data.style

Last edited by toadwaker : 12-24-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Unread 12-24-2005, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadwaker
How did you get those black bars along the bottom and top of the screen?

Odds are, that is being done by using the letterbox settings (I'm not currently in game, so I can't direct you to where exactly in the Options it is. I'm pretty sure it's in the Display section of the options.)

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Quote:
Found my problem.....Is there a way I can go through ALL the files, and change all lines:
Only if you use something similar to the <oXygen/> XML editor.

If you're using oXygen, it's in the "Find" menu, under "find and replace in files". You can select by directory, subdirectory, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faedia
Wulf I dropped the Profit UI Maintained window, Dragowulf Inventory, Deathbane 3/4 Hotbars and Ger's Bags into the UI and it looks sweet. Had no clue the UI would automatically skin them so they look as if they are original.

Thanks
No problem, glad it worked out well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharzon
Heyas. I'm a Fetish Nightfall user. Been actually waiting for more 'undead gothic' theme to float around for my necro main. Was wondering though, since I use some other mods even to my Nightfall, if it would be possible to maybe just do a re-skin for a few mods below:

Mahonri's Quick Change SD Window
Nightfalls map window (can make the map small and scroll about with 4 buttons, upper left corner)
Nightfalls Inventory screen

I put up the Quick Change window but its black, can't see any writing or anything. Almost the same with the Inventory.
For the Quick Change SD Window, don't use the Fetish skinned version with this - try the original, "non-skinned" version. I'll take a look at the Inventory window, that shouldn't be too hard, either. As far as the map window... that could be a bit tricky, plugin's have been tricky lately.
Unread 12-24-2005, 09:21 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Much obliged *sp*. Love the UI, but I'm also going for functionality in my playing. I realize its a new UI, just posting up some stuff I'd like to see

----> Nekkid dancing bannana

*EDITED*

On the flipside, any chance you could maybe take a look at the Fetish Nightfall/Classic and see if it would be easier to use yer skin with it? I know absolutely nothing about modding or skinning, other then installing it and setting it up. Don't know how hard it would be one way or another to do.

Last edited by Kharzon : 12-24-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Unread 12-24-2005, 09:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the help. I pretty much did everything by hand in UIBuilder because I was impatient. As for the letterbox thing, I'd rather not cut off my screen like that. Man if you properly merge this UI and the profit UI it's such a freakin awesome mix.
Unread 12-24-2005, 10:20 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Well, I downloaded the Fetish Maps 4.7 standalone and it works fine, sans the skin of Undead-Gothic, which is fine for me, I'm thinkin. It's the Classic brown color, but functional, nonetheless So, if anyones interested, I'd check it out.
Unread 12-25-2005, 08:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

love the UI but one thing i would like to see is at least an option to turn off the shortcut text on the hotbar, it takes up half the icon:O

Edit: i just entered my store and found things missing (probly on my old ui theme but its VERY HELPFUL) i noticed i didn't have my toggle vault button so i can access my vault without having to go to my door....also the button for "find item" so i click it and it auto fills the item i'm highlighting and searches the market..so i can find the prices easier, really would hate to not have these very helpfull buttons

Last edited by Military : 12-25-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Unread 12-25-2005, 10:15 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Military
love the UI but one thing i would like to see is at least an option to turn off the shortcut text on the hotbar, it takes up half the icon:O

Edit: i just entered my store and found things missing (probly on my old ui theme but its VERY HELPFUL) i noticed i didn't have my toggle vault button so i can access my vault without having to go to my door....also the button for "find item" so i click it and it auto fills the item i'm highlighting and searches the market..so i can find the prices easier, really would hate to not have these very helpfull buttons
try using this mod for your house merchant - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4091

it is unskinned by default so it will conform to the ui
Unread 12-25-2005, 11:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:

Edit: i just entered my store and found things missing (probly on my old ui theme but its VERY HELPFUL) i noticed i didn't have my toggle vault button so i can access my vault without having to go to my door....also the button for "find item" so i click it and it auto fills the item i'm highlighting and searches the market..so i can find the prices easier, really would hate to not have these very
helpfull buttons
Same thing here, except I went ahead and did something about it. I took the files that had those functions from Profit UI and put em in the Undead UI directory, if you need to know what files you need, let me know.

PS: For some reason, when I select a target, even if it's heroic, the ^ arros don't show, so I got no I dea whether my target is ^^^ or ^ o just plain out no ^s, can someone tell me how to fix this?

Last edited by toadwaker : 12-26-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 12-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadwaker
Same thing here, except I went ahead and did something about it. I took the files that had those functions from Profit UI and put em in the Undead UI directory, if you need to know what files you need, let me know.

PS: For some reason, when I select a target, even if it's heroic, the ^ arros don't show, so I got no I dea whether my target is ^^^ or ^ o just plain out no ^s, can someone tell me how to fix this?
If you havn't try changing to the simple con style in the settings. or type /con 0 or is it /con 1, hmm one or the other lol.
Unread 12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Just noticed a graphic error on the group window - group member 3-6 appear to have the health / power bars displaced slightly. While only a cosmetic issue, I'll be fixing this today - may take a smidge, I'm attempting to spawn Bloodrage for a heritage quest, hehe.

Wulfy
Unread 12-26-2005, 12:49 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I seem to have my icons on my hotbars off as well. Anyone else?
Unread 12-26-2005, 02:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:

The icons are extra small for some reason, I didn't like it, so I took the hotkey XML from Profit UI.

Great UI, I love it. I hope it will keep getting fixed up and improved.
Unread 12-26-2005, 02:53 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Found another bug but no clue how to fix it:

Logged in and couldn't use my startbutton. Can't right click, can't move, can't left click to get the menu, etc. Nothing.

Back to Fetish for me. Love the artwork, just gotta wait for the bugs to be sorted out, I'm thinkin.
Unread 12-26-2005, 03:27 PM
A Brown Bear

Strange, the start button works fine for me..
Unread 12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Quote:
If you're talking about the "tooltips", you should be able to disable those for the hotkey bar through the options menu.

Quote:
&
Logged in and couldn't use my startbutton. Can't right click, can't move, can't left click to get the menu, etc. Nothing
aye, sounds as if perhaps you installed the UI "over" another custom UI - did you make sure to put it in it's own folder, and change the eq2.ini file to reflect that folder? Just copying it over another complete UI can cause issues. Alternatively, what resolution are you running at?

Also, check to make sure the startbutton isn't "hiding" under a transparent part of another window. If it is, make sure "clickthrough" is enabled on the window that's "hiding" it, and that should fix it.

Wulfy

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-26-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Unread 12-26-2005, 06:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Venekor
Default Target Window

Before I ask my question I must say this is has been worth the wait. Great Job to all who has been involved.

Now my question which goes mainly to Wulfy. How can I get my Target window to be up ALL the time? The way the skulls sit on my setup, they sit in between to chat windows. The black space when there isn't a target makes the space look like my little girls missing two front teeth. I have tried different methods, but no success. BTW I have been to merge some of Profits Objects with this one, and made my own Player Window using the Skull,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000026.jpg
Views:	1193
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	4385  
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

[quote=Wulfgyr]If you're talking about the "tooltips", you should be able to disable those for the hotkey bar through the options menu.

not tooltips, the shortcut lables like 1, 2, 3, 4...alt+1, alt+2...ctrl+1, ctrl+2

those ones heh (i found a temporary solution to it by just removing the shorctus entirly:O....but i'm not liking the small size of the icons...they need to be a bit bigger i think (re-enable the resing thing maybe?:O)

also a suggestion for the 2 skulls on the target bar maybe put in the ability to click on the skulls to select ourself, or atleast on our healthbar
Unread 12-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Quote:
those ones heh (i found a temporary solution to it by just removing the shorctus entirly:O....but i'm not liking the small size of the icons...they need to be a bit bigger i think (re-enable the resing thing maybe?:O)

also a suggestion for the 2 skulls on the target bar maybe put in the ability to click on the skulls to select ourself, or atleast on our healthbar
The instructions for re-enabling the resizable hotbar are in the instructions... whups, I forgot to get that line in there.
To re-enable the resizable hotkey bar, rename eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey-SMALLICON.xml

Good suggestion on clicking the target bar to select your character, I'll take a look at it, while I'm examing Zechaar's request.

Wulfy