Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Interface Changes

Unread 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default [Live] 2.28.07 (LU32) - Interface Changes

Patch Notes:
  • More items should be interactive with your default mouse click action without having to use the context menu, such as the pillars for the Intercepting Stones quest.
  • Bag Windows are now resizable, re-shapeable, and now have options to modify the icon size and padding.
  • If you use an Escape ability with a quest reward window showing, the reward will appear again after the zoning screen closes.
  • Switching between ProfitUI and Default should no longer cause false version warnings.
  • The recipe examine and tooltip text now contains the minimum and maximum number of items created.
  • Chat command history will now persist between client sessions.
    You will no longer see "YOUR <spell> heals YOURSELF..." YOURSELF has been replaced by YOU.
  • Questgivers that have a different faction than you do should no longer incorrectly show a quest icon above their head.
  • When loading a set of hotkeys, any items that were in the hotbar when the configuration was saved will now load properly.
  • You can now change the channel numbers in game using
    • /setchannelnumber <old channel number > <new channel number >.
    • You must /camp out to save the settings, /exit or /quit may not save your changes.
  • Equipment slots that are blocked due to adornments are now shown grayed-out in the tooltip and examine window.
  • While using the broker, when you click on the 'Advanced Search' button the cursor focus should automatically jump to the 'Advanced Search' window.
  • Examine info for items with castable abilities will now show any health or power requirements to use them.
  • NPCs that change names will now update the target window if they are targeted when the name change occurs.
  • When someone uses /afk <message>, their response text when receiving a /tell will be “I am away from the keyboard, <message>” instead of just “<message>”
  • The tooltip of the “replenish” button now shows the remaining quantity and price instead of max stack size.
  • Items in the interior customization window of your home will sort correctly by price.
  • Several windows will now reset their filters when closed or after zoning.
  • UI Authors: The embedded browser used for the petition window is available for your custom use. You can use /browser to open a URL directly like this: /browser forums.station.sony.com/eq2

The following is a compare between the old default interface (old 2.27.07 on the left) and the new default interface (2.28.07 LU32 on the right) changes are in red. Use the context & line numbers to help find your way to make the changes needed to your custom interface.

Changed:
eq2ui_community.xml
eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml
eq2ui_inventory.xml
eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml
eq2ui_loginscene.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_contest.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_help.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_heroic.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
eq2ui_options.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml
eq2ui_popup_achievementmerchant.xml
eq2ui_popup_groupoptions.xml
eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml
eq2ui_popup_uisettings.xml
eq2ui_RectStyles.xml
eq2ui_specialelements.xml

New:
eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml
eq2ui_popup_bagoptions.xml

Last edited by Dolby : 02-28-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Unread 02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via AIM to uberfuzzy

i realize this is very soon, but i figure most of you have start poking as soon as it hits test...

any idea what the atlas="none" is about?
Unread 02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I had just played around with this on Test and could not find any difference in behaviour or visuals regardless of the settings.
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
SOE Coder Guy
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Antonia Bayle

The atlas tag is being used internally right now, but the next version of UIBuilder we ship will include support for it. We are working on a texture optimization tool that will take all the little texture pieces and put them into large texture atlases automatically. Atlas="none" means don't do that. You can also explicitly specify an atlas by using any string, I believe NCS2 does this by tagging stuff as Atlas="NCS2"
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
A Brown Bear

The new bags are so buggy that I'm probably going to give up and go back to one of the smaller ones from here that I was using.

1. When you set the size of your bags, log out and back in, the width of some of them change: a bag set to 4-wide will become 3-wide, and bag set to 3-wide becomes 2-wide, and 2-wides can become 1-wide. I've submitted this bug.

2. You can't get ride of the title altogether, as you could with some custom UIs. And, even if you turn off the frame, it still takes the same amount of space, especially at the top, so that you can't put bags over and under each other without allowing as much room as the frame would take anyway, or the bottom row of the bag on top can be unavailable.

3. I've always noticed with the small icon bags from here that it can be very difficult to grab an item to drag-and-drop, or sometimes you get the item underneath the one you were trying to drag. Now, with SoE's new bags, other people who just set there icons smaller for the first time are noticing the same problems!

Anyway, now that SoE has figured out how to make re-sizeable bag windows and icons, I hope some clever person from EQ2Interface will pick up this design and fix the bugs: I'd like no title and frame at all, so you can place the bags together in a seamless grid, with no extraneous window fluff that overlaps. There was one custom bag that floated a close X in the top right of the window when you hovered your mouse over the bag - that would be nice again. And, I'd like it if someone figured out why it's hard to grab stuff with small icons! :-)

Not asking for much, am I?

Nevermind! It looks like Othesus already did 2 of the 3 things I asked for! Off to grab his and try it! (I forget you folks were probably on Test figuring out this stuff a long time ago!)

Last edited by mschwab : 02-28-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
A Sea Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Zoltaroth-SOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwab
The new bags are so buggy that I'm probably going to give up and go back to one of the smaller ones from here that I was using.

1. When you set the size of your bags, log out and back in, the width of some of them change: a bag set to 4-wide will become 3-wide, and bag set to 3-wide becomes 2-wide, and 2-wides can become 1-wide. I've submitted this bug.
Just wanted to let you know that we will be taking a look at why this is happening, we should have a fix coming in the next few days.

--
Zoltaroth
Coder - EverQuest II
Unread 02-28-2007, 09:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNeufeldSOE
The atlas tag is being used internally right now, but the next version of UIBuilder we ship will include support for it. We are working on a texture optimization tool that will take all the little texture pieces and put them into large texture atlases automatically. Atlas="none" means don't do that. You can also explicitly specify an atlas by using any string, I believe NCS2 does this by tagging stuff as Atlas="NCS2"
Very cool! Any optimization is great... and I hope the UIBuilder lets you save specific files. I've just been editing everything by hand in Notepad++ to avoid having it save a bijillion files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwab
3. I've always noticed with the small icon bags from here that it can be very difficult to grab an item to drag-and-drop, or sometimes you get the item underneath the one you were trying to drag. Now, with SoE's new bags, other people who just set there icons smaller for the first time are noticing the same problems!
The problem with dragging items in bags happened with GU 29 when we got the Iconbanks. It affects every bag but it's most noticeable with smaller icon sizes. I'm not really a programmer but my guess is that it's because of the way mouse dragging works. The program hears from Windows you clicked on an item. Then the next time the mouse location is updated the cursor is over a different icon and the button is still held down. For some reason it seems like you grab the icon from the second location instead of the first location. This problem might be exasperated by slow frame rates too. The only thing I've been able to do is try to drag more slowly when picking up an icon.
Unread 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx
Default Change Relevance

New Windows

Significant Changes
eq2ui_examine.xml - Added Uses to Recipies
eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml - Window resizable
eq2ui_mainhud.xml - Added new browser include
eq2ui_mainhud_contest.xml - Added Rules scrollbar
eq2ui_mainhud_help.xml - Added browser info
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml - Added PvP range
eq2ui_options.xml - Added String template
eq2ui_popup.xml - Added bag options include

Insignificant Changes
eq2ui_community.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml - Atlas and deletions
eq2ui_inventory.xml - deleted old browser
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_loginscene.xml - Descriptions
eq2ui_mainhud_heroic.xml - Atlas
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml - Atlas
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml - PvP tooltip
eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml - Syntax
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml - Atlas
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_achievementmerchant.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_groupoptions.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_uisettings.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_RectStyles.xml - Insignificant (deletion)
eq2ui_specialelements.xml - Syntax/localization strings
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:07 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Significant Changes
I'm assuming this template will be for a Textbox to type in your browser homepage. This isn't already in the options somewhere is it? I couldn't find it.
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
A Sea Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Zoltaroth-SOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltaroth-SOE
Just wanted to let you know that we will be taking a look at why this is happening, we should have a fix coming in the next few days.

--
Zoltaroth
Coder - EverQuest II
We took a look at the resizing bags and found an issue with the math to calculate the space needed being run before the bag was fully setup. This has been fixed and should be in the next hot fix.

~Zolt
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
New Windows

Significant Changes

Insignificant Changes
eq2ui_community.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml - Atlas and deletions
eq2ui_inventory.xml - deleted old browser
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_loginscene.xml - Descriptions
eq2ui_mainhud_heroic.xml - Atlas
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml - Atlas
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml - PvP tooltip
eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml - Syntax
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml - Atlas
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_achievementmerchant.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_groupoptions.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_hotkeyoptions.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_popup_uisettings.xml - Syntax/localization strings
eq2ui_RectStyles.xml - Insignificant (deletion)
eq2ui_specialelements.xml - Syntax/localization strings
I came up with a similar list last night to see what I could continue to get away with without having to make changes. Thankfully, there wasn't much in the way of significant changes so I was up and running in no time.

Having said that, your list is much better.

I'm also happy to see it as it's probably a sign that FetishClassic will be updated soon as well. Most of the items listed above I simply made the changes myself or reverted back to default. Obviously the optimal situation would be a FC update so I'm highly excited for that.
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltaroth-SOE
We took a look at the resizing bags and found an issue with the math to calculate the space needed being run before the bag was fully setup. This has been fixed and should be in the next hot fix.

~Zolt
Thank you. I haven't been hit with this issue but I can understand how frustrating it must be to deal with. It's nice to see that you guys are paying attention and on top of the issues. Job well done.