EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Need help installing please

Good evening, and thank you in advance for the help. New to EQ2 and wanted to dl the EQ2Map addon. The first time i clicked on the download button, the file name window popped up. I double clicked the file and it started the download. I stopped it halfway through because i forgot EQ was on a different drive.

I deleted the folder that was originally created for Maps. Now, whenever i try and double click on the setup file, nothing happens at all. It does not start the auto setup. I try to extract all the files from it and it shows none.

Not great with this stuff, can someone please help, and use laymans terms?

Thanks again.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

70 Views and no one can help? Let me try and explain a bit better if that is the issue.

On the eq2Interface screen for a mod, I press the download button. The screen comes up for save/open. I click open and the file comes up. I double click the file and nothing happens at all.

When i first tried to download EQ2Maps, I did the same thing and it went through the download process, but I cancelled it in the middle because it was not in the right directory.

Any information is appreciated.
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:32 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconyers View Post
70 Views and no one can help? Let me try and explain a bit better if that is the issue.

On the eq2Interface screen for a mod, I press the download button. The screen comes up for save/open. I click open and the file comes up. I double click the file and nothing happens at all.

When i first tried to download EQ2Maps, I did the same thing and it went through the download process, but I cancelled it in the middle because it was not in the right directory.

Any information is appreciated.
1. Download the Auto updating version and SAVE it to your desktop. You should now have a zip file on your desktop. Open that file and drag-n-drop to your desktop the eq2 setup file located in the file you downloaded.
Double-click the EQQ2MAP-Updater-1.2.10.exe and follow the instructions.

Do not stop the download process unless you really have to. If you do stop the download process, restart it and overwrite the existing file if it exists

2. After the install is complete, start EQ2Map. Click the Options button and if necessary set the locations for Everquest 2 and the UI directory/language etc.

That should be about it.

Last edited by Accredo : 02-16-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the reply Accredo.

So, I have a zip file on my desktop. I open it and try and drap the setup file to my desktop and it doesn't go onto my desktop. It does not do anything. I try and extract all to my desktop and it creates a file called EQ2 Updater... but that folder is empty. I do not see the .exe file at all.
Unread 02-16-2014, 01:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconyers View Post
Thanks for the reply Accredo.

So, I have a zip file on my desktop. I open it and try and drap the setup file to my desktop and it doesn't go onto my desktop. It does not do anything. I try and extract all to my desktop and it creates a file called EQ2 Updater... but that folder is empty. I do not see the .exe file at all.
Not sure if this matters, but do you have any of these winzip, winrar or peazip to use to open the EQ2 zip folder? If not, get one of the free versions. You should be able to drag n drop the file inside the zip folder and simply double click the exe file to begin the install. Make sure the file isn't dragging to a download folder or some default location in the libraries folder if you're using Win 7.
If none of the above work I'm not sure what other advice to offer.
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks again.

It looks like it is downloading to either a download and/or a library directory. i think both. I have tried a few different things, how do i prevent it from going right there? It does not ask me where i want to save it if i click save. and it opens in my library directory if i just click open.

Thanks again, i appreciate the time.