Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhathaway
Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to mention that until I started to use your UI my volume did stay at what I set it at in the options but for some reason it doesn't now. Maybe some ini file is not being up dated.

I was talking about the toggle of bank bags and I read somewhere after I posted that Sony would be adding the command /Togglebankbags in the next patch which is why I expect the icon is on the bank window of the current UI next to the togglebags icon.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
oh sorry
The volume slider on the start button sets the preset volume on the slider bars as if you set them to there initial state.
I could see about making the same bar but with volume preset to 0 and another with volume prest to 50
I'll see what I can figure out, there's got to be a way to do it...
/ponder
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-18-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:11 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

heya ...Thanks for the awesome UI ive tried others but fell for ThorUI couldnt be happier.
I do however have one question ...I run Thor with the EQ2Mappupdater and for some reason i now have a lage grid overlay on my map which itritates me to no end ,is there a way to remove the grid? Also is the mini map supposed to be static or should it move with me ?
thanks

Sturmhammer
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive Defected
heya ...Thanks for the awesome UI ive tried others but fell for ThorUI couldnt be happier.
I do however have one question ...I run Thor with the EQ2Mappupdater and for some reason i now have a lage grid overlay on my map which itritates me to no end ,is there a way to remove the grid? Also is the mini map supposed to be static or should it move with me ?
thanks

Sturmhammer
All options "not just map plugins" can be deselected at install.
Simply uninstall and reinstall.
Deselect grid overlay in the map plugin section.

As for the static minimap question.
Yes, it's designed that way.
I'm not extremely familiar with the map plugins but I believe it's not possible due to Sony coding limitations, to have a mini map follow your character.

Hope this helps.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-18-2005, 02:31 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

good god i dont remember being givin all those options befor :P
Unread 08-18-2005, 05:00 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

ow wow you changed a lot since i DLd it awhile ago ...awesome job on the Group window showing leader now
few things though..
1. is there a way to make the Raid Group windows colored backrounds solid ?(not the black backround behind it) I like having no frames and no backround so if im doing a 2x,3x or a 4x there is no discernable box behind it

2. i noticed that you changed the Invtory window to just contain the armor slots and bags ( i like the olderstyle ) could you implement a button or a way to switch between the 2 without having to uninstal/reinstal?

thats alll (the grid is gone and i am happy )

thanks agin for the work
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive Defected
ow wow you changed a lot since i DLd it awhile ago ...awesome job on the Group window showing leader now
few things though..
1. is there a way to make the Raid Group windows colored backrounds solid ?(not the black backround behind it) I like having no frames and no backround so if im doing a 2x,3x or a 4x there is no discernable box behind it

2. i noticed that you changed the Invtory window to just contain the armor slots and bags ( i like the olderstyle ) could you implement a button or a way to switch between the 2 without having to uninstal/reinstal?

thats alll (the grid is gone and i am happy )

thanks agin for the work
Raid Window...
I'll see what I can do.

Inventory WIndow...
"As far as I am aware" Sony coding only allows for one functional inventory window.
So no go on button to activate another version of it.
I can however create a different inventory window entirely that still has some functionality of my current slimline version.

Now that I've completed the main cleanup I will be able to concentrate more on modding again.
I'll see what I can come up with.
FYI I'm fine with recommendations/suggestions being posted here
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default New to thorUI and having a problem.

Greetings, Love the mod so far. Having one problem though and a question about a feature.

Problem - When i'm just walking around i cannot hit enter to chat. I have to use g, t, r one of them buttons. Now when i start to fight, i can hit enter and chat will work with enter key. My friend has only had this problem once. We are using same thor build. same configuration and even sharing the same ui file renamed. Is this a known problem? i've attempted to correct it myself to no avail.

Question - I notice there is no way to change titles in the persona with your mod. Is there another way to do it? prefix/suffix titles. Are you going to implement this?

Thanks.
Unread 08-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Shadow
Greetings, Love the mod so far. Having one problem though and a question about a feature.

Problem - When i'm just walking around i cannot hit enter to chat. I have to use g, t, r one of them buttons. Now when i start to fight, i can hit enter and chat will work with enter key. My friend has only had this problem once. We are using same thor build. same configuration and even sharing the same ui file renamed. Is this a known problem? i've attempted to correct it myself to no avail.

Question - I notice there is no way to change titles in the persona with your mod. Is there another way to do it? prefix/suffix titles. Are you going to implement this?

Thanks.
Chat:
This is due to the Inventory mod being open.
If you close the inventory window you will see you are able to press enter to chat.

Persona:
I can't help but smile when I read this.
Read the first sentence in the main post in this thread.

And don't feel bad, I understand; you just want it to work. (I'm the same way)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-18-2005, 10:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Oops

Ahh thank you. That was driving me crazy about the chat thing.

Persona - Ya know i saw that and just browsed right over it. Because the persona is there, Just not the suffix/prefix. So didn't even think to put 2 and 2 together Will be nice when it works.

Thanks man.
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well I browsed here looking for a solution to not being able to hit enter and chat, and found the solution, so that's good.

Is it maybe possible in the future we'll be able to chat with the inventory window open though? It's how I usually play.
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Also, and I did not find this posted anywhere, but when I log in, there are two "windows" open that I cannot close. Their options panels allow no filtering for messages. I can't chat in them or do anything. What are they?
Unread 08-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikiske
Also, and I did not find this posted anywhere, but when I log in, there are two "windows" open that I cannot close. Their options panels allow no filtering for messages. I can't chat in them or do anything. What are they?
No clue
Screenshot would help tremendously
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-19-2005, 02:58 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

As Ive Defected said, the inventory window which was present in 4.5 i believe ( the one that only showed boxes and the row with shield, bow, ammo etc when minimized) was perfect for me =) I was wondering if you could perhaps upload that as a separate xml file to download, since I no longer have the v4.5 installer, or perhaps add that version as an option in the installer?

Again, a great UI
Unread 08-19-2005, 12:03 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

found one more thing while Tradskilling that is driving me insane....
when you click into your componant window and dont have the ingreidiants needed and cancel out it sends you back to the top of the list and you have to scroll all the way back down.there is also no way to scroll down unless you click in the window on a recipe.
Unread 08-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelen
As Ive Defected said, the inventory window which was present in 4.5 i believe ( the one that only showed boxes and the row with shield, bow, ammo etc when minimized) was perfect for me =) I was wondering if you could perhaps upload that as a separate xml file to download, since I no longer have the v4.5 installer, or perhaps add that version as an option in the installer?

Again, a great UI
That inventory was a mod by Zonx aka Fetish and can be found here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3387
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-19-2005, 02:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
No clue
Screenshot would help tremendously
Hi,
I uninstalled, deleted folder, reinstalled, and the windows went bye bye.

Also like to echo the post about the tradeskilling window going back to top when cancelling out. More than that though, I have to click on something in the menu before I can scroll down. The window acts like first 8 or 9 items in the menu are all that exist and the slider on the right hand side that can usually go up and down quite a ways takes up the whole window and cannot be moved at all until something in the recipe book is selected.
Unread 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hello,

first off this is an excellent UI.

n/m stupid me, i found the show/hide illusions tab

also this may be a stupid question, but how do i uninstall the UI? since it's an .exe installer I looked for an entry in add/remove programs but didn's see it.

Last edited by biggles7268 : 08-19-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Unread 08-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles7268
Hello,

first off this is an excellent UI.

n/m stupid me, i found the show/hide illusions tab

also this may be a stupid question, but how do i uninstall the UI? since it's an .exe installer I looked for an entry in add/remove programs but didn's see it.
I took the control panel entry out as that made a registry entry and a user had an issue with it...
The installer just places files in the ThorUI folder so no registry entries now.
Everything is self contained so a simple right click delete will "uninstall" it now.
I did leave the "uninstall.exe" accessable via the start menu though to make things simple for us.
If you use that it won't uninstall your custom graphics settings or the custom notes used within the ThorUI.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikiske
Hi,
I uninstalled, deleted folder, reinstalled, and the windows went bye bye.

Also like to echo the post about the tradeskilling window going back to top when cancelling out. More than that though, I have to click on something in the menu before I can scroll down. The window acts like first 8 or 9 items in the menu are all that exist and the slider on the right hand side that can usually go up and down quite a ways takes up the whole window and cannot be moved at all until something in the recipe book is selected.
I acknowledge the issue and know exactly what your talking about.
The mod is Jaxel's as I didn't think I could ask for a better tradeskill window in my opinion.
As I have in the past; I will look at refining every piece within time so until I get a chance to look into it, the same option applies as with all other windows.
If it's an issue, delete the window or "uninstall and deselect that window mod at install".

On another note: I know some want the individual backgrounds on the groupmembers window back. I will see about including this as another install option.

Thank you all for your feedback and keep it coming "good and bad"
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-19-2005, 09:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Default Need some help

Hello
I just downloaded your UI and love it,but I need to now how I can (A) delete one custom UI or (B) how to get it to do what I want.

My problem is this 1. cant size chat windows the way I want.I can make them fat or skinny but not long or short. 2. the group window can not be put long way as a healer I have it at the side of my window and my spells are right next to it but it only goes side ways.Is there a way to remedy this without changeing everything .
thanks much
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:55 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

ok posted over there ...thanks
Unread 08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
I acknowledge the issue and know exactly what your talking about.
<b>The mod is Jaxel's as I didn't think I could ask for a better tradeskill window in my opinion.</b>
As I have in the past; I will look at refining every piece within time so until I get a chance to look into it, the same option applies as with all other windows.
If it's an issue, delete the window or "uninstall and deselect that window mod at install".

On another note: I know some want the individual backgrounds on the groupmembers window back. I will see about including this as another install option.

Thank you all for your feedback and keep it coming "good and bad"
I love the actual tradeskilling window...but the recipe list is frustrating ,i will how ever get over it :P
Unread 08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchhunter420
Hello
I just downloaded your UI and love it,but I need to now how I can (A) delete one custom UI or (B) how to get it to do what I want.

My problem is this 1. cant size chat windows the way I want.I can make them fat or skinny but not long or short. 2. the group window can not be put long way as a healer I have it at the side of my window and my spells are right next to it but it only goes side ways.Is there a way to remedy this without changeing everything .
thanks much
When you install checkout the options.
Every window is available to include, exclude, or substitute with another.
The groupmember window for example has an alternate provided that fills top to bottom I believe.

You can just install over top of your current ThorUI install without hurting anything.

You "should" be able to resize my chat window to your hearts content.
Just be sure to click reset to default opacity and location and go from there.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-20-2005, 07:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Examine windows blank

I just uninstalled 4.8.5 and installed 4.8.6 last night. Love the new options in the installer, I like the new crafting window a lot. However when I examine an item all I get is a blank window. Tried camping to DT - still happens. I ended up going back to 4.8.5 till this is fixed. GREAT UI! Keep up the good work!
Unread 08-20-2005, 08:29 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Thank you

The mod is terrific. The installer really is nice.

The reszing for hotbars will be a nice add when its ready.

Also, a templar request.

Any timers would really help. For example, manastone, and all of the maintained spells that require concentration.

The swap out of activatables would also be a terrific add, cross class i suspect.

Thanks again.