EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-17-2012, 11:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2U Support

This is for any of the custom UI's - I use Drums, so of course would love to see this added to it.

The guys at EQ2U have worked really hard on their site, and I learned that you can view items on their site - would be really awesome if a button was included on item examine windows to look the item up on EQ2U

/browser u.eq2wire.com/i/endemic+mitts+of+the+invoker

That will get you the item view, and if you are registered and signed in, you can view what each of your toons has equipped, and add it to a wishlist.

You can also do people look ups

/browser u.eq2wire.com/butcherblock/%T (replace butcherblock with your server) and it will bring up their EQ2U profile. I made a macro for that - so not sure if it's feasible to put it as a feature in an interface.
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caela View Post
This is for any of the custom UI's - I use Drums, so of course would love to see this added to it.

The guys at EQ2U have worked really hard on their site, and I learned that you can view items on their site - would be really awesome if a button was included on item examine windows to look the item up on EQ2U

/browser u.eq2wire.com/i/endemic+mitts+of+the+invoker

That will get you the item view, and if you are registered and signed in, you can view what each of your toons has equipped, and add it to a wishlist.

You can also do people look ups

/browser u.eq2wire.com/butcherblock/%T (replace butcherblock with your server) and it will bring up their EQ2U profile. I made a macro for that - so not sure if it's feasible to put it as a feature in an interface.
Those are both good ideas. I will see what I can do to add it to Profit in the near future.

Silat
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Good request.

I may hold off a bit to make sure there are no more changes in structure, but changing link buttons is easy in the long haul.
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'll vote for that. I've signed up at EQ2U and I like it a lot. They have a long way to go on features, but what they have actually works and works well.
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Kithicor

Hi there. I was going to post here today but Caela beat me to it.

Links to items are in this format:

u.eq2wire.com/i/name+of+item

Links to characters are in this format:

u.eq2wire.com/server/character

In cases where the character has a space in the name, you can either replace it with %20 or remove the space completely like antoniabayle. All lower case or mixed case works like Unrest or unrest.

Links to guilds are in this format:

u.eq2wire.com/g/server/guild+name

I don't know that anyone would want to link to our guild page but it's there just in case.

Let me know if there's anything I can tweak on our end to make the links work better.

Dethdlr
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethdlr View Post
Hi there. I was going to post here today but Caela beat me to it.

Links to items are in this format:

u.eq2wire.com/i/name+of+item

<SNIP>

Let me know if there's anything I can tweak on our end to make the links work better.

Dethdlr
Link fails on items with apostrophes. Seems to work fine otherwise. Anyone know of a good way to get the server name for the current character? I did not see it in the gamedata.

Silat
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Link fails on items with apostrophes. Seems to work fine otherwise. Anyone know of a good way to get the server name for the current character? I did not see it in the gamedata.

Silat
I'll take a look at it and see what I can do. Thanks for letting me know. Hadn't run across one yet.

UPDATE: Try it now. I think I've got that fixed. Let me know if you run into any other issues with it.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U

Last edited by Dethdlr : 02-17-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Works great now. Thanks.

Silat
Unread 02-18-2012, 02:42 PM
A Griffon

Dethdlr, what about something like

http://u.eq2wire.com/i/Glowing%20Adornment%20of%20Energy%20(Superior)

I'm getting a disallowed character error, assume it's the parentheses.
Unread 02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Thanks for all the work Dethdlr. Just curious, where would you prefer bug reports, suggestions, and/or tech questions to be asked about EQ2U? I am aware of your help page at http://u.eq2wire.com/help and contact form there but I was wondering what forum setting would be best. Here or somewhere on the EQ2 Forums (EQ2 Players forum)? I notice you answering things in both places.

Thanks again!
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
A Griffon

@Darqwood: I'll get that fixed tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know. (UPDATE: Parenthesis may take a little longer to fix. I'm working on it though and I'll come up with something one way or another.)

@Mysstie: The contact form on the help page works best for bug reports. Goes straight to both mine and Feldon's inbox. We don't really have a forum of any kind set up anywhere right now and I'm not sure we really plan on using one.

Glad you guys like it.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U

Last edited by Dethdlr : 02-19-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
A Griffon

I think I have all those working now that people have asked about. Parenthesis are now working thanks to some help from Dan Kinney at SOE. Nothing wrong on his end, I just needed to tweak how I was making my calls.

Commas and exclamation points should work now as well.

If you find anything else not working quite right, let me know and I'll work on getting it fixed.

@Silat: I saw that you asked if there was a good way to get server name from the game data. I did a little poking around myself and couldn't find it. Since my links to characters require a server name, that's not going to work very will for a custom UI. So I created a new one just to work with custom UIs.

u.eq2wire.com/c/Charactername will do a search for Charactername. If only one character is found that matches the name, it will take you to that character. If more than one match that character name, it will take you to a character search results page showing all the characters that match. You can then click on the one for the correct server. Sounded like the best way to handle not knowing the server.

Let me know if you guys find anything else I can do to help out custom UI authors working with EQ2U.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 02-19-2012, 07:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethdlr View Post
I think I have all those working now that people have asked about. Parenthesis are now working thanks to some help from Dan Kinney at SOE. Nothing wrong on his end, I just needed to tweak how I was making my calls.

Commas and exclamation points should work now as well.

If you find anything else not working quite right, let me know and I'll work on getting it fixed.

@Silat: I saw that you asked if there was a good way to get server name from the game data. I did a little poking around myself and couldn't find it. Since my links to characters require a server name, that's not going to work very will for a custom UI. So I created a new one just to work with custom UIs.

u.eq2wire.com/c/Charactername will do a search for Charactername. If only one character is found that matches the name, it will take you to that character. If more than one match that character name, it will take you to a character search results page showing all the characters that match. You can then click on the one for the correct server. Sounded like the best way to handle not knowing the server.

Let me know if you guys find anything else I can do to help out custom UI authors working with EQ2U.
Thanks Much! Will get that added too Profit and pushed soon. Love the site by the way

Silat
Unread 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
A Griffon

As always, I am ready to stress-test any new functionality. If there are any particular test cases anyone wants checked, let me know.
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM
A Griffon

We just added the ability to see what appearance items a character is wearing to EQ2U.

Also, when looking at an item, you can now see the discovery info. So, for example, lets say you get a new item and get the message that says you discovered the item. Within five minutes you should be able to see that item on EQ2U and see whether it was a worldwide first or server first. We list the discovery info for each server below the items.

Like this item: Visionary Mesmer's Empowered Robe

As of this writing, this item had only been discovered on Antonia Bayle by Tominator. If it had been discovered on other servers, those would be listed there as well.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
A Griffon

Here's a request: Give me a way to list the items that I have discovered. I know that my characters have made discoveries along the way, but I have no way of going back and seeing what they were.

Also: My wife just commented that all her character images show her as though mounted but without showing the mount. It does look odd.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Here's a request: Give me a way to list the items that I have discovered. I know that my characters have made discoveries along the way, but I have no way of going back and seeing what they were.

Also: My wife just commented that all her character images show her as though mounted but without showing the mount. It does look odd.
These are all EQ2U items that we (UI modders) have no control over. You should visit http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/06/eq2u-contact-form/ and leave feed back there.

IIRC the character image is taken when you camp out. So if you camp on a mount then your image will be of you mounted with out the mount. This is all done on SOE's end, the people behind EQ2U or us here at interface have no control over it.

Last edited by Landiin : 02-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
A Griffon

Hadn't made it over to the EQ2U forums to post my request, but that is on the to-do list.

As to the character image weirdness, I'll also try to post a note in the API forum area where Dan Kinney can see it. It seems to me that if you are mounted, the image ought to include what you are sitting on. It would also be nice to to have the option of retrieving either a mounted or unmounted image. I know all my characters are mounted at all times, but I personally don't want a mounted image for EQ2U. Not sure how much work that would take on Dan's part, but it's worth asking.
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
A Griffon

Landiin is correct. Nothing the UI folks can do about it. I believe the mount issue with the paperdoll was changed by the EQ2 developers a few days ago to not show mounts. Unfortunately, all it did was erase the mounts from the pictures, not actually make the character stand as if not mounted. They are aware of it and I believe they will be fixing it soon(tm).

But as Landiin pointed out, nothing that anyone here at EQ2Interface can do anything about.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U