Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Default A flaw in the UI

This is mainly for SOE_Bobble to see and respond to if he so wishes.

First off let me say I love the concept of the left and right grouper in the windowframe tree. However I see a flaw in the way you guys are doing it. Note I said a flaw ( to me ) and not a bug.

Any way the flaw i see is the right grouper does not start where the left grouper ends making it impossible to create a continuous title bar with out having to add a new page for manually modifying each page.

I never really noticed this before because I manually modified every page using my own styles. I then got the idea to mod SOEs styles so I could create skin packs so people could just drop them in and every window would be skinned. As long as I have a widget for left and right every thing works great, but I was making one that used a solid title bar and that's when I noticed the gap between the left and right grouper. With the gap there it's limits drop in skins to use the left side and right side title bar format.

So basically I guess I am requesting that the right grouper start 1 pix over from where the left groper ends. Yes I could write a program that would calculate all this and rewrite all the windows but I really shudder at the thought of doing it.
Unread 02-05-2006, 09:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Just to add somthing else to that,

Also the close window and settings button will vanish if you choose to hide the frame and title bar even if you have relocated those buttons outside of the right grouper.
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

If you're moving default title buttons outside the title area, I strongly suggest you use new buttons with different names that press the originals
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:45 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
If you're moving default title buttons outside the title area, I strongly suggest you use new buttons with different names that press the originals
Ah! nice one m8 I shall do just that
Unread 02-25-2006, 03:26 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

A related comment about the current setup...

Nesting titlebar elements inside the same container holding page frames and other background objects prevents the titlebar from ever being layered above the general page elements. This can create situations where window sizing causes page elements to obscure titlebar elements.