Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-24-2010, 05:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Yeah, I agree 100% there, the dropdown method has been pretty bad for years now.
I always click on the "maps" links and then hit Ctrl+F, but yeah I agree, we should probably retire the dropdown and add some auto-completing search field instead. I'll look into it when I get a moment (unless someone else wants to give it a go).
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default bg suggestion

first off, love maps.

One thing I'm wanting though, since I've gotten interested in bg's is raid numbers to numbers on the map, so the rest of the raid shows as 1-24 or something. I dunno if it's possible, or if it would step into raid window ui changing, or what, but I think it would quite useful.

It's kinda late, and I didn't take the time to read alll the other suggestions, so I apologize if it's already been suggested and handled.

keep up the great time saving work =)
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serappis View Post
first off, love maps.

One thing I'm wanting though, since I've gotten interested in bg's is raid numbers to numbers on the map, so the rest of the raid shows as 1-24 or something. I dunno if it's possible, or if it would step into raid window ui changing, or what, but I think it would quite useful.

It's kinda late, and I didn't take the time to read alll the other suggestions, so I apologize if it's already been suggested and handled.

keep up the great time saving work =)
You'll have to ask SOE for that: to my knowledge the BG player icons on the map are still hard-coded.
Unread 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Splitpaw
Red face

is it possible to separate the vasty deep labs map to the raid zone? right now the raid zone use same map and POI as the groupzone version.

Vasty Deep: The Abandoned Labs (group instance)
Perah'Celsis Abominable Laboratory (raid version)
Unread 01-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie View Post
is it possible to separate the vasty deep labs map to the raid zone? right now the raid zone use same map and POI as the groupzone version.

Yep, we just need to confirm the map style name. You can get that by typing /show_map_style_name 1 and then zoning in to the raid version, it'll say it in your main chat window.
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

This already is in place.
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Yep, we just need to confirm the map style name. You can get that by typing /show_map_style_name 1 and then zoning in to the raid version, it'll say it in your main chat window.
Map style name: exp06_dun_vastydeep02_raid_
Unread 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:

Quote:
Map style name: exp06_dun_vastydeep02_raid_
Added Perah'Celsis' Abominable Laboratory using the same map as a Vasty Deep:Abandoned Labs but a different set of POIs. Hope I understood that right.
Unread 02-08-2011, 05:47 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Added Perah'Celsis' Abominable Laboratory using the same map as a Vasty Deep:Abandoned Labs but a different set of POIs. Hope I understood that right.
yes you understood me! i added a few POI last night.
therefor I have a follow up question, when i added POI i was unable to view the map on this website, disableling adblock didn't help and i have no problem seeing other maps in website. therefor i wonder why i can't see it, do it need adding to website or is the problem in my browser/computer? http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=552
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good good. The missing image was the same server issue as with the last map we duplicated. In the meantime this was finally fixed, however, should work now.
Unread 02-25-2011, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Default Sinnerx

With the difficulties getting EQ2maps functional with the DoV expansion I have an idea!!!! Im sure that it could be incorporated into the EQ2map interface a button of sorts that (when EQ2maps is slow to get the POI sets input into its mod) swap SOE EQ2 standard game map. At least this way peeps would still have a relatively good map to travel by instead of the INKBLOT appearance of EQ2maps without any POI.

Just an idea.....

Thanks EQ2maps people for all that you do

Last edited by Sinnerxxx : 02-25-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Unread 02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

/defaultui if you want to swap to default. The DoV maps should be in EQ2MAP now though.
Unread 02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Default Sinnerx

I use profit ui so I wont have to use the regular soe eq2 ui... Profit rules and so does eq2maps... soe has no idea how to play nice with others.

The poi are not displaying in the DoV maps of eq2map... all I get is the generalized land masses of DoV areas... better than nothin but sure would love the PoI's to be able to navigate better.

Last edited by Sinnerxxx : 02-25-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 10-31-2011, 07:58 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Butcherblock
Default Feature Request

EQ2MAPS Team and Contribuitors,
Thank you so much for your hard work on this great app. This makes my gaming time much more productive and enjoyable.

EQ2MAPS Devs,
The only thing that is missing for me is an easy way to update both my EQ2 Live and my EQ2 Extended installs at the same time. I currently run it every day that I play on my EQ2 Live install and then every couple of weeks, when I play with my kids, I change the path to update my Extended folder.
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duridium View Post
EQ2MAPS Team and Contribuitors,
Thank you so much for your hard work on this great app. This makes my gaming time much more productive and enjoyable.

EQ2MAPS Devs,
The only thing that is missing for me is an easy way to update both my EQ2 Live and my EQ2 Extended installs at the same time. I currently run it every day that I play on my EQ2 Live install and then every couple of weeks, when I play with my kids, I change the path to update my Extended folder.
It's not a feature built into the EQ2MAP updater, but if you're a moderately advanced computer user theres a few tricks you can use.

At more of the entry level is simply keeping the folders synced. For this, Microsoft has a free application called SyncToy, you can find more about it at it's webpage here.

A more advanced option is you can use symbolic links so that your EQ2X maps are basically a shadow copy of your regular EQ2 maps. There are tools that integrate right into windows explorer to simplify the process. As long as you don't go crazy with them they're pretty safe: you'd basically delete the maps folder in your EQ2X install and create a symbolic link from there to your regular EQ2 install maps folder. Then every time the EQ2X client looks for those maps it looks in your EQ2 folder where the link is pointing to. A tool thats available for that is the link shell extension which allows you to do this via right clicks just like creating new folders in windows. The main benefit to this approach over the synced folders is that you only end up having one copy of the files, meaning less hard drive space taken and instantaneous updates to the version EQ2X is using (since they're pointing to the same files).
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default Menu Buttons?

Some great ideas posted here. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a legend of sorts on the map to shut off certain POI's. For example, if all I wanted to see were quest starters, I would select quest starters and the other POIs would disappear. There's so many POI's on the maps now that they overlap each other and the maps are getting really full. Would that be possible?
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

You can basically do that already. Right click the map and choose filter poi. Then check/uncheck what you want too see.

Silat
Unread 10-25-2014, 09:36 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default New Restored High keep Guild hall Map

Would be really nice if someone made a map for the guild hall Restored High keep. I have found maps of the guildhall on websites.

http://www.eq2designgallery.com/rest...uild-hall.html

Maybe the link of the maps might help someone out. Thanks in advance if you get it working.

Poopalots of Freeport.
Unread 10-27-2014, 12:15 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

We allready has these maps as they are ripped from here

http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=781

I would like to know if the texturing and look in game is the same as in the zones above ?
Unread 05-30-2016, 06:37 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

would it be possible to change the icon of heroic monsters? Currently the heroic monsters and the nameds are showing up as red "dots" ingame. that makes it a Little hard to see where nameds are on the map.

Also on the web side you can choose what kind of Entrance to the next Zone it is, like door and so on. Would be possible to change those icons as well ?

Chillispike@Thurgadin one of the proud Boogie Godfathers (Leader) and Admin at EQ2i
Unread 05-31-2016, 02:50 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

If you use default EQ2MAP Heroic and Named should have different icons.

You can check the list i made of all current POI types we have.

Not really sure what you would like to do with the zone icons.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf POITypes.pdf (300.8 KB, 675 views)
Unread 06-10-2016, 05:14 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
If you use default EQ2MAP Heroic and Named should have different icons.

You can check the list i made of all current POI types we have.

Not really sure what you would like to do with the zone icons.
Thanks for the hint with the original .. by looks i had an old icon file. redownloaded it fully and checked what was different.

About the zone icons .. i Maldura for example i see green [^] and purple [^] for the zone in location.
ash, destruction and bar brawl are puple.
palace, x2 zone and Thalumbra are green.
I hope i'm not misstaken :/

Chillispike@Thurgadin one of the proud Boogie Godfathers (Leader) and Admin at EQ2i
Unread 08-25-2018, 01:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Freeport
Send a message via ICQ to valami Send a message via Skype™ to valami

The Waypoint button was in the way and was hideous, the load map button just isnt fair and was done at the time just because we couldn't do it any other way...In a way you can thank SOE for adding height map changing for us, or else there would still be a load map button, but like 10 of them
Unread 01-25-2020, 10:43 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Can you provide an option to change the map cursors used for waypoint X and the player's location red arrow to include ones with a black outline and slightly larger.
I've noticed especially with BoL maps they are hard to see because they are similar colours.
It would be even better to have an option to pulsate the colour over time.
Unread 01-29-2020, 04:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

how do i get my maps back to working. ever since BoL whent live i have had no PoI's or any way to put in waypoints i have unstalled maps alot an still nothing * i can't unstall EQ2 for diff reason with out having to wipe my harddrive