Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa
Default maps.eq2interface.com Comments and Suggestions

Please post all information, comments, and suggestions concerning maps.eq2interface.com here.
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk

I have a bit of suggestion - and i am not sure it's possible at all what i have in mind - but what would be absolutely great it would be to have the possibility, after entering the numeric loc in the loc box, to show a temporary POI at those coord. - very similar to what has been implemented on the web maps with the "show loc" button.
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkraft
I have a bit of suggestion - and i am not sure it's possible at all what i have in mind - but what would be absolutely great it would be to have the possibility, after entering the numeric loc in the loc box, to show a temporary POI at those coord. - very similar to what has been implemented on the web maps with the "show loc" button.
Not possible. There's no way to split the location into top/left, and no way to merge top/left into a valid location.
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:07 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Wait a minute, I may have read your post wrong. Do you mean ingame?
I thought you meant after you submit, but after rereading I see that wasn't said like I thought it was.
That has been implemented.
If you do mean ingame, it is possible, and I have a way to do it, it just needs to be put in...
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa
I thought you meant after you submit, but after rereading I see that wasn't said like I thought it was.
If you do mean ingame, it is possible, and I have a way to do it, it just needs to be put in...
You figured out how to dynamicly position a PoI in-game based on input in the PathFindLocation textbox? Ooh, cool. Share!
Unread 03-22-2005, 01:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa
Indeed i meant ingame And yes, it would require to dynamically allocate a POI to be mapped to something you type on the pathfinding box (with all the complication of incomplete typing, erroneous loc, wrong format, etc. that might happen when typing a loc). That's why i wonder whatever might be possible at all or not.

Still it would be a pretty cool feature, sometimes you type a loc you want to go to and even if you can more or less figure out the general area in the map still don't have a visual representation.

P.S. sorry if i am not clear enough when i write - not english mother tongue
Unread 03-25-2005, 04:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

My suggestion would be to allow a POI submitter to change some data in their submission. I just posted 4 POI before realizing that was not the name of my character i needed to put in the Name line but the name of the POI.
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Missing person on map

In Greystone yard at 874,-223,-171 is Hargen Icethaw he is one of the 2 people you see for fighter training Part 1 and is not on map thanks i love the maps. Bigjoe
Unread 03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love the maps!

Only 1 thing I would love to see implimented:

I love to explore and see places and find things on my own, as do many of my friends and guildmates.

How about an option to turn on/off the POI's from the maps?

(a second probally impossible thing would be to put a fog setting on dungeons or places that didnt have maps)

Thanks for all that hard work!
Unread 03-28-2005, 02:15 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick
How about an option to turn on/off the POI's from the maps?

(a second probally impossible thing would be to put a fog setting on dungeons or places that didnt have maps)

Thanks for all that hard work!
We're working on a system to toggle the POIs. There's a rough POI toggle plugin in the EQ2MAP downloads section already though.

We cannot add fog to zones. Sorry.

You're welcome!

Quib
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

A most excellent tool, and one that I use daily... Thanks to all who have worked on this!

Suggestion... remove the entries for the instanced zones (pirate's hidden stash, rumbler caves, Vallon hoarding halls, etc). These zones are random spawns, and once used, disappear. Currently, all they do is clutter up the maps, as they're at the stated location less than half the time when you go there.
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:48 AM
A Coastal Crab

Why do you guys keep using works like "impossible" and "can't" when somebody asks for a change? Is there some sort of API which you guys have to follow forbidding some segments of code?

Adding fog seems relativly easy to me, create fog which cover the whole map, as a character's location changes remove fog from the area within a certain radius of their location.

My suggestion would be to allow adding of your own hotkey points ingame to the map.

Another idea is to add in the location next to the mouse as it moves over the map, so that we can see the location on that section of the map, rather than just at the given points on hte map.
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Glowing trail

It seems that the glowing trail I get from clicking POI's dissapears when I close the map. I'm running my interface at 1280x1024 so I don't have enough screen realestate to keep it open. Is this a known problem?
Unread 04-06-2005, 11:41 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Places that already has a POI

Hi guys, i'm just wondering if there's a list of places that has been already put in for POI, but haven't been implemented in the maps. I'm asking because I'd like to help out by listing some POI in high end zones like CT, LS, EF and whatnot, but I don't really want to post a POI that has already been submitted. Thanks.
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacs
Why do you guys keep using works like "impossible" and "can't" when somebody asks for a change? Is there some sort of API which you guys have to follow forbidding some segments of code?

Adding fog seems relativly easy to me, create fog which cover the whole map, as a character's location changes remove fog from the area within a certain radius of their location.

My suggestion would be to allow adding of your own hotkey points ingame to the map.

Another idea is to add in the location next to the mouse as it moves over the map, so that we can see the location on that section of the map, rather than just at the given points on hte map.
Look here, YOU go add fog to the maps ok? Release it for public use, then get everyone banned for modifying the game. You will have to create an application to modify the fog.

It might be easy to do if there was any type of programming whatsoever that we could do, but theres not. We modify static XML files to do every bit of this. XML Files which do not let us add fog, or move fog around, or change fog.

Doesnt seem too hard to put the location next to the mouse? Maybe not if you wrote the game and can edit the code for that kind of thing...

Adding in your own points huh? Guess what! We dont have access to that either.

SO THE GENERAL CONSENSUS SAYS THAT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE.
GUESS WHY I'M SAYING THAT...BECAUSE WE CANNNOT DO IT. WE DONT HAVE THE MEANS TO. DON'T LIKE US ANSWERING QUESTIONS THE BEST WE CAN AND TRYING STUFF OUT AND FINDING WHAT WE CAN AND CANT DO? DELETE THE MOD AND USE THE MAPS THAT SHIP WITH THE GAME.
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:13 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavecutter
It seems that the glowing trail I get from clicking POI's dissapears when I close the map. I'm running my interface at 1280x1024 so I don't have enough screen realestate to keep it open. Is this a known problem?
Yes we know about this, Quib is currently working on a fix for this. I think it may have been discovered that if you use the M hotkey instead of the X on the window that it doesnt get rid of the trail...it might have been the other way around. When we do find a resolution for the issue, we will post the news and you will see the new files immediately.
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:16 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razondirk
Hi guys, i'm just wondering if there's a list of places that has been already put in for POI, but haven't been implemented in the maps. I'm asking because I'd like to help out by listing some POI in high end zones like CT, LS, EF and whatnot, but I don't really want to post a POI that has already been submitted. Thanks.
There's not currently a list. And since this can and does change daily it probably wont be put up. If its not put up on the website or ingame, I would suggest that if you would like to, go ahead and do it. If its already done, maybe it will even be better than ours.
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacs

There is no API, we aren't even doing any programming as far as the in-game UI is concerned (the updater taco-man made and the EQ2MAP website aren't included in this "no programming" statement), we're simply modifying some XML files that EQ2 uses to determine where to show info. We have very limited ability to pick-and-choose what is and isn't shown.

The fog is a magical image layer that we can't reference in XML, that the game draws through some hardcoded routine that we know very little about.

The location arrow is controlled by EQ2, and we can't constantly modify data based on its location on the map.

Your location is best retrieved in real-time by holding your mouse over the compass. Any other loc display updates significantly more slowly.

We've really racked our brains on how we could use an in-game system to add POIs to the map, but there just isn't any possible way. The in-game HTML window isn't robust enough to format and send the info to the EQ2MAP website and there's no other way with the UI to even interact with outside files, let alone the internet.

Quib
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default group member on map not work on this ui

i have noticed that the new show the group members on the map dose no work with this ui can you add it so that it work like the default u so i can see my group members on the map

thank you

50 necro/46 alkimisti
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:50 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Not only does this pertain to the mod itself, and not the website, to which this thread pertains, but we are working on it, plus you did fine without these group members on the map before the update. Patience is Virtue. There are a few posts saying that this in in the works, if you want your own personal reply I suggest that you post a new topic in the EQ2MAP forum.
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:11 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

the group members work fine with the mod, perhaps he has a really old version. go download the updater and run it to get the newest version.
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:07 AM
A Brown Bear

The group member icons were working, however I've noticed that they stopped showing yesterday, and I run the updater everytime before I log in, so I have an up-to-date copy.
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Small suggestion

Hi all - first just wanna say that I love the EQ2Map mod - its become an indespensable tool that has increased my gameplay competence immensly - as a Guild Officer, its been a huge help in cutting down the amount of time I spend guiding my guildies with various tasks - you make me look good

the only real suggestion I have has nothing to do with the program at all - but for the website - I've noticed that you get a lot of comments for features that are just not possible to impliment - was thinking the FAQ could be updated with a detailed "what we cant do" section, might help cut down on all the comments you keep getting that are so frustrating and time consuming to deal with.

thanks for a great mod - keep it up, it gets better with each release.
Unread 04-11-2005, 04:20 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefang
Hi all - first just wanna say that I love the EQ2Map mod - its become an indespensable tool that has increased my gameplay competence immensly - as a Guild Officer, its been a huge help in cutting down the amount of time I spend guiding my guildies with various tasks - you make me look good

the only real suggestion I have has nothing to do with the program at all - but for the website - I've noticed that you get a lot of comments for features that are just not possible to impliment - was thinking the FAQ could be updated with a detailed "what we cant do" section, might help cut down on all the comments you keep getting that are so frustrating and time consuming to deal with.

thanks for a great mod - keep it up, it gets better with each release.
That is a great suggestion that should have already been done, unfortunately it has not yet, but will be done soon. Thanks.
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Map now wont run, keeps pointing to default map

I logged on today to find my maps had reverted to default, as if I had just begun the game. I uninstalled then reinstalled all steps for eq2map updater and the microsoft thing. Still nothing. All the files show as there and fine, and completely update. I log on through the updater, and tried not as well. All same result, no maps exacpt my old basics, no POI's, nada. Even lost places I had obviously been. Map has gone back to blackout on those parts. Very odd.

--Kel