EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 01-24-2009, 09:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Exclamation Maps Gone

I logged last night at 2 am and all my maps are fine. I wake up this morning auto update eq2 maps as i do every day it starts eq for me .It updates a zone and eitehr i have no maps or only the old maps in some zones any suggestions.

I have restarted eq2 i have uninstalled reinstalled eq2 maps. i have removed the eq2 maps folder from the ui fodler and let the reinstall replace it. i have rescanned multiple times?

Please help
Mallon
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Since you talk about "old maps" - are you using the new map system? We don't support the old one anymore since TSO. You can toggle that under options -> user interface -> map
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:59 AM
A Brown Bear

yes i auto patch every day using 1.2.3 and have checked setting in eq2 istelf to make sure the new map system was checked
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

But you do have the eq2map interface, i.e. the dropdowns with all the maps, the path, submit, report buttons, etc.?
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:16 AM
A Brown Bear

yes i have the eq2 map interface but where the map should be is the just the beige background saying there is no map for this zone click a button to make one
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:24 AM
A Brown Bear

if i go to an "old zone" ant nek the eq2 map shows with no pois or anything if i go to stormhold or guild hall i get the beige background saying there is no map
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
A Brown Bear

also just talked to a friend who is having the same issue. in further testing if i do go to ant or nek and look at the the drop down menu (one of the top left) it just says current zone and i cannot choose other zones like i could before, also the map is all black like it is using the eq2 maps not the eq2 interface maps
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

give me a moment, I'll look into it
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I can't reproduce it, I tried with a clean install of EQ2MAP and I can zone into both Stormhold or the Antonica Tier 3 guildhall just fine, get the map, and the menu. You guys didn't use /loadui or anything like that, did you? Otherwise maybe just rerun the updater and try again?
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:37 AM
A Brown Bear

i use the standard ui had another friend log in and not update and his maps are fine.

the only thing i do with my ui is use the standard load buttons on alt o for my raid settings but i dont use profit or anything else.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled eq2maps removed the eq2 maps folder from the ui folder reinstalled again and have also done a full file scan on eq2.

is it possible there is a corrupt file not being deleted or not pointing to the correct eq2maps dir
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I tested this both with a clean installation on the default UI and with my standard installation on ProfitUI, both updated 15 minutes ago, worked fine on both.

Maybe just try again - we added a map earlier today, maybe you managed to update just when that went up on the server, although that should not cause any problems.

The only reason why the dropdown could be empty would be if you had deleted the file eq2map2\core_mapstyles.xml - however the updater would redownload this file so that can't really be it.
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:57 AM
A Brown Bear

ok i am trying again went to add/remove programs removed from there went to ui folder removed eq2maps from there restarted system and reinstalled and repatched some 500+ new files

That seemed to work guess the 3rd time was the charm.

Thanks for all your help
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That actually sounds as if you had been updating to the wrong eq2 folder (because 500+ files means it was also download the \POI and \images\maps folders which you didn't say you had deleted). Anyway glad it works.
Unread 01-27-2009, 07:21 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Valor

Hi,

i have the same problem. I have eq2map 1.2.3 and i update it before i run EQ2 every day. When i log in this evening some maps where gone. Some zones work without poi, nsc and some zones dont have a map, when i first loged on 12:00 the all zones work fine, after the evening update the zones dont work.

I have remove eq2map from my system, clear all the folder, restart system and make a new installtion, but it dont works.

Update
Overlandzones work without poi, nsc and instances maps dont works.

Last edited by Ket Maliss : 01-27-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Unread 01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Should be fixed.
Unread 01-28-2009, 12:52 AM
A Brown Bear

I might have some clarification...

Had similar issue the other nite in Chardok, however it was like the "un-explored overlay map" had somehow been replaced by the "no map for this zone" image.

As soon as i started moving throughout the zone, the real map revealed itself.

I'll look into my installation tonite, make sure I haven't stuffed something up.

great mod btw =)
Unread 01-28-2009, 03:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If it's a blank map background with the EQ2MAP logo, that's the "unexplored overlay map" for dungeons (only the overland zones have the shaded brownish map image as the overlay).
Unread 01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
A Brown Bear

Ah.. my bad.

Thanks for the clarification.