EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-05-2005, 07:50 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default The mail system

Hey i was wanderin The new mail system came out about a week ago and i use the TaeJaeSteel bottom version and right now when i check the mail the screen that pops up is just all black is this your UI doin this cause there is no code for the mailbox or is it in game please let me know and if it is your UI can you send a patch out for this thank you
Unread 04-05-2005, 09:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default completed tab in quest journal

Anyone else unable to expand any quest categories on the completed tab of the quest journal?

If so, do you have any suggestions Laffs?
Unread 04-06-2005, 09:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default White boxes

I am haveing the same problem as Argonian with white boxes. This is the first time I have used this UI so I do not have an issue with not deleteing the old one. I have even deleted my entire UI folder and let the patcher rebuilder to make sure it was not an issue with an old UI. Any ideas?
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz
Default Laffs

Really nice of you to take over for Perdition while she's inactive Laffs. More people should have your initiative and decisiveness.
Unread 04-07-2005, 11:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Thanks Dc,

I have had no problems with either of the mail windows or the adventure window, but will look into it anyway, just in case...

EDIT

RE: White boxes

You do have a folder called "images" in your BottomV8 folder?

RE: Mail window

In your BottomV8 folder have a look at "eq2ui_mainhud.xml" and make sure these 2 lines are in there.....

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_openedmail.xml</include>

If not add them in at the bottom but before the </page> statement

There will be an update to my "addons" for this UI very soon,
But it will contain the WHOLE UI with them, to clear up the missing windows problem for good.........And the original BottomV8 will get updated via "patches" as and when needed to keep it maintained as promised, But all future changes to windows etc will be with my addons version....

The reason for this being..

1. To keep things straight forward for me mainly
2. Perdition's BottomV8 will remain updated and keep its own style for those of you that dont want to use my additions to it
3. I dont want to make any changes to the core BottomV8 UI that Perdition may not approve of other than to keep it updated

Also there will be a link to Perditions UI on my download page, That way as the timestamp on the file drops and it gets further down the list, It will be known from updates to my set that Perditions has been updated also, Hopefuly that will remove the possibility of anyone not wanting to download what seems to be an out of date UI.

I hope you the users of this UI will find this accepable, If not tell about it

Thanks

Last edited by Laffs : 04-07-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Unread 04-07-2005, 11:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default White boxes

That was the problem, works great now. Thanks Laffs.
Unread 04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower
That was the problem, works great now. Thanks Laffs.
Np and thanks for letting me know that fixed it
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Think this UI will ever be offerred in 1440x900?
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phin18
Think this UI will ever be offerred in 1440x900?
Possibly now that you have requested it. However not many people have widescreen capability, so it would be hard to emulate this.
Unread 05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
A Griffon

Well the bad news is, Its hard enough for me to try and make it work in 1600x1200 , 1280x1024 is what I am comfortable with, My monitor can do 1440x900 yes but my eye's not very keen on the idea of either lol, That rez just seem's to mess everything right up lol...

I will have a look into it for you, what refresh rate you running at? l
Unread 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM
A Brown Bear

i dont know if the bug is with SOE or your UI but everytime i log to the char select screen and come back in my target window shows every things name in red no matter what color con i have targeted. the persentages next to the name also go red too.
Unread 05-03-2005, 09:51 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansboarder
i dont know if the bug is with SOE or your UI but everytime i log to the char select screen and come back in my target window shows every things name in red no matter what color con i have targeted. the persentages next to the name also go red too.
I have the same problem but its green with me lol... It dont happen very often and a camp to desktop and back in fixes it... I have checked the target window loads of times and can find nothing wrong with it, Also its so random when it happens its not as if I could load up the default one and see if it does it at the same time... My friend I play with also uses the same UI and it dont happen with her at the same time as me even though we both been fighting the same mobs etc..... So in short I put it down to a ingame bug, somthing to do with the tier indicator as its that thing that sets the con color.
Unread 05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for the quick response. I'm running at 60Hz. This is the only rez that seems to look right on my 17" widescreen notbook
Unread 05-03-2005, 02:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response. I'm running at 60Hz. This is the only rez that seems to look right on my 17" widescreen notbook
What do the windows look like at that size?
I mean are they useable?
If so you could just resize the chat boxes width up or down to make it all fit maybe
Unread 05-04-2005, 06:59 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via AIM to invokebane
Default duration

Plz make the maintain spell window have small duration numbers on each icon.
Unread 05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

the windows were all over the place. I tried to figure out how to organize them to make it look somewhat useable but for some reason I couldn't move the hotbars around. They weren't locked under the window settings but were still just stuck in the middle of the screen.
Unread 05-04-2005, 06:31 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by invokebane
Plz make the maintain spell window have small duration numbers on each icon.

THE DYNAMIC DATA FOR MAINTAINED DURATION HAS BEEN BROKEN BY SOE.
Unread 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
the windows were all over the place. I tried to figure out how to organize them to make it look somewhat useable but for some reason I couldn't move the hotbars around. They weren't locked under the window settings but were still just stuck in the middle of the screen.
Sounds like you maybe didnt replace your character settings INI file. Should be a generic file included with the download called character_server_settings.ini or something similar. you will need to rename this with your character and server titles
Unread 05-05-2005, 11:59 PM
A Sea Turtle

I downloaded the newest patch for this and replaced groupmembers.xml with the new one, but the group member's health bars are still messed up. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance.
Unread 05-06-2005, 06:32 AM
A Griffon

Hotbars need the "frame and titlebar" enabled on this UI to move them.

Groupmembers I know about... And will get back on it soon as I have time later today.

Unread 05-07-2005, 07:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi Laffs,

thanks for taking over this excellent UI. I would like to make some suggestions for this UI (which I normally have to add after every new version myself):

I reduced the size of the zone name to 1 line instead of 2 lines and put into the gained place the location output (see attached gif). The advantage is, that I often have to run to a specific location for questing and very often the wisp doesn't show the correct (aggro/mountain free) way to the location. With the location in the UI I can easily find out the direction where I have to go. So the goal is to have a constant location output. Would be cool if you could add it somehow to the UI (like I did it or any other way you would prefer)

The second thing I have is a minor bug: The mouse over tool tip of the Power Bar shows "Memorized Spells" instead of "Power".

The third thing: Could you somehow make it possible to turn off the hotkey labels? I don't care about the keys but the labels make it hard to recognize the spell icons (and I think this is more important than the darn keys). Would be ok if I can turn it off in the settings somehow (even by editing the xml by hand). And yes, I am aware of the add on patch for the hotkey labels. It simply doesn't work for me (way too big hotkeys, doesn't fit into this UI).

Thanks for listening and your work m8!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loc.gif
Views:	433
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	2611  
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:01 AM
A Griffon

Hi,

In my version of it I have done that with the zone name to make it all fit in properly...

Hotbars I put a lot of work into the ones on my version also, They still not 100% how I wants them but they work for now lol..

My promise was to keep this UI updated and not changed unless it is realy, realy needed to be, Like somthing breaking big time lol... but for what you mention in your post is not changeing the visual look of it so I guess yes I can do that.. Give me a few days likes as workload quite high at the moment.. if after a few days I havent done it send me a pm as a reminder lol
Unread 05-12-2005, 07:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Please Help

I love the UI perdi however when i downloaded V8 into PERDV8 file i can get the UI up correctly but all frame backgrounds are white

hopefully you can help

cheers Tutdai
Unread 05-12-2005, 07:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutdai
I love the UI perdi however when i downloaded V8 into PERDV8 file i can get the UI up correctly but all frame backgrounds are white

hopefully you can help

cheers Tutdai
You are missing the "Images" folder within the PERDV8 folder...

Delete BottomV8 folder
May as well Delete PerdV8 also

Go back to the zip file you downloaded..... Unzip it again.... Now place the eq2.ini ... Into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II and PERDV8 folder into C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI

And all should be fine...

(there is a quicker way to do this yes... but this way ensures it should work as expected)
Unread 05-12-2005, 11:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ummm.....

umm... did that and still no image folder in PERDV8 folder or LAFSV8 was no folder in the zip file .......

not sure if i stilldoing something wrong have extracted zip into my eq2 directory (d:\everquest 2\ui\PERDV8) and add eq2.ini to (d:\everquest 2) but still no frames

sorry hope this helps