EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default Missing file in EQ2Map POI Finder by TreeMos

The file scrollpage.xml is missing from the mapspoiler folder in the current release (0.90) and causing the spoiler window to be blank (i.e. the window doesn't populate after reopening the map).

I extracted the scrollpage.xml from Mother's version and dropped in the mapspoiler folder and it works fine.

This obviously isn't a help request, I just wanted to bring this to attention and could not find a support thread for this UI.

EDIT:
I realized there are some problems with this since the <include>s for the .xml files with the POI text are inside the scrollpage.xml, therefore by using the one from Mother's I lose some of the POIs that get added and so does anyone else who uses Mother's scrollpage.xml to fix this. Therefore I am enclosing the scrollpage.xml file from Mother's version only with updated includes for all the .xml files provided in this version.
Attached Files
File Type: xml scrollpage.xml (14.8 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by Mayve : 03-15-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:31 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Kithicor

Ah thanks for pointing that out Mayve. Not being 100% sure I had all the files I'd need for a perfect stand-alone install was the other reason I called my first release a beta version. I'll repost the zip today with the scrollpage.xml. Would have done a new map file build too but it looks like only 1 map has had anything added since the 13th.

It seems the scrollpage is another file I'll need to autogenerate along with the plugin7.xml file in order to get the thing ready for an official 1.0 version. I may not have time to do that until this weekend. And until then the POI's in the zones list in the old scrollpage will have all the updated POIs, while those that are not will not.

Edit: Oops just noticed that your scrollpage file is an updated one relative to mother's. Did that seem to fix the whole missing map issue though? I'd think the plugin7.xml file would need to be updated to include all the new maps too in order for it to work.

Last edited by TreeMos : 03-15-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Unread 03-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeMos
Edit: Oops just noticed that your scrollpage file is an updated one relative to mother's. Did that seem to fix the whole missing map issue though? I'd think the plugin7.xml file would need to be updated to include all the new maps too in order for it to work.
Not sure, I haven't been to any of the zones there weren't <include>s for allready. I only noticed the discrepancy with the <include>s later when I checked my ui.txt file after playing with some other windows.
There was some referrence to being unable to load included resource mapspoiler/orcishwastes_mini01.xml. After seeing that I saw there were quite a few .xml files in the mapspoiler folder that weren't being <include>d, so I took a few min and fixed the <include>s.

If I get a chance to visit any of the zones I'll see if it works.
Though, after taking a peek at the plugin7.xml I think you're right in that it would need updating as well; the scrollpage.xml only <include>s the files and the plugin7.xml actually calls the specific one for the zone you're in.
Unread 03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Kithicor

A question about the scrollpage.xml file. I'm curious what its purpose is and why it is a separate file from the rest of the standard Spoiler Mod xml. In particular I've been wondering about the line near the end of the file that says

<Page Name="ScrollPageExtent" ScrollExtent="255,3591" Size="255,3591"/>

and where the 3591 value came from. If I'm to autogenerate the file, I need to know how mother came up with that value. If it really matters what I put for that. Or if I'll need to change it at all.