EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-15-2007, 05:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Crash to desk

Howdy,
(first, sry for my bad english ^^)

I tried a few UI but on every UI i crash to desk.

Sometime while i zone, sometime when i open quest journal, map etc.
and sometimes when i invite a grp member.

Any idea what that crash cause? I try to load the fetish from my brother, all work fine but in 2-3 hour i crash again.
Unread 01-15-2007, 09:16 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I would suggest using the default UI for a while and see if you still experience crashes. If you don't crash, then you know it is a UI issue. If you do crash, you can start looking at other factors of the game, such as updating drivers and directx, and possibly an error in the game itself. This also doesn't account for other possibilities (64-bit hardware, beta Vista, etc).

Another question: When you do crash, what kind of error (if any) do you get?
Unread 01-15-2007, 09:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Crash to Desktop

This is seemingly becoming a common issue. It doesn't seem to matter if you're using the Default UI or a Custom one... The only fix I have discovered to this is logging in another character, Getting a quest or forming a group.

I have tried many different avenues all the way down to a full re-install and complete patch of EQ2 all-together. Nothing worked. The only fix I have found is just what I mentioned above. I updated my DX drivers, Updated my Video drivers, Updated.NET and done complete file scans. The only thing that worked was camping to another char. I don't know why this works but it does.

Last edited by Andaaria : 01-16-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Unread 01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I get no error message. I try now with full scan.

Updated directX and grafic driver.

Edit: fullscan didnt work, now i crush with normal ui too

Last edited by Mary : 01-15-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Unread 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

A guild members alt character was crashing every time some one would invite him to a group with the default interface. What I think he did to fix it was delete the servername_charatername_eq2_uisettings.ini file for his character thats found in the EverQuest II Folder. Deleting this file will reset all your window locations.
Unread 01-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

That is correct, it is a problem in that file.

You should also be ok using /load_uisettings and loading an un-bugged character's settings... I also recommend backing up your uisettings files once you have them working, so you can load them and not have to redo all your settings.
Unread 01-16-2007, 02:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

got the Normal UI to work.

i deletet the UI folder an redownloaded it.
But, how i get a custom UI to work now :/ I try to install fetish again after work.

Last edited by Mary : 01-16-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Unread 01-16-2007, 05:09 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw

At times after LU30 I've experienced crash to desktop as well. Using profitui 3.0.2, and Windows Vista ultimate.

Luckily it has happened only two times, but its odd, since before LU30 I had not experienced such thing at all.
Unread 01-31-2007, 12:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i'm having this problem also. On the first character that had the problem, someone told me to delete the ui_settings file for the character, which i did, but it didn't resolve the problem. I then deleted all the files for that character associated with ui settings and it still didn't seem to help. After that I just didn't play her for awhile cuz i was so frustrated and after about a week of leaving her alone I was able to log her on and play her.

It's now happened to two of my other characters on two different accounts, I have no idea how to fix it, other than maybe it's like Andaaria said aka logging in another character, playing them for awhile and then trying the bugged character again. I don't know but this is really annoying.
Unread 02-02-2007, 04:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Runnyeye

There is thread for the same issue on official forums:
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...201305#M201305

I posted there in more details. But what I found to work for me was to use eq2interface.ini file I had backed up before patch of 29th January.

Newer backup (from 28th Jan. before LU31) even though was working just fine in time I copied it is now causing crashes.
Unread 02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unrest

After the patch on 1-31-07, i had the same type of crash to desktop problems. Causes were:
hitting "j" to open quest journal, or using the EQ2 button to open it,
killing a mob that would give a quest update,
examining an item that would give a quest update,
and lastly, zoning would also immediately crash to desktop.

ahh, good times! After much well intentioned advice from ingame players and a guide, i heeded the advice and first deleted my eq2map ui, with no change. Then i deleted the default ui (yes, the whole 180mb folder) and then had to redownload it (which it does automatically when you try to log in and does a file check), also with no success, same crashes. The guide, though friendly and trying to be helpful ended up having me do that basicly twice. Since that didn't work, i tried the advice from the post here to play an unbugged character ... also no help, i even started a quest and finished a quest on 2 different unbugged characters and still couldn't play my main.

In the end, the thing that was 100% successful was quite simply deleting the file in the EverQuest II folder that is titled:
(server name)_(character name)_eq2_uisettings.ini
There are several files that follow that format, but i only erased the uisettings one and zero crashes since then, with eqiimap running as well
Game on!
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Curious

Yesterday I started a new toon on Gfay using my own custom UI and did not have one single problem in 17 levels. I also grabbed some quests in BB, no problems. As soon as I entered into TS and later Antonica the crashes started to happen.

Maybe it's just random luck or perhaps there is some different coding in the expansion as the only crashes (I two box) I'm getting are outside of EoF.