EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 11-17-2011, 09:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default Ideas for Fetish needed

I've got some free time coming up soon and so I'm looking to get some ideas of things yall would like implemented into Fetish. Whether its more color options for the skin packs, or new info added in to some window or whatever. I've had a request to add in more buttons for the group/raid window, which I'm looking at doing, but will take considerable time to do, so it will likely be a bit longer before I figure out a way to rewrite that.

I already have some minor changes I'm planning to make, mostly for functionality/convenience, but since I've got this free time soon I'd like to tackle other things as well, so I'll only need to do one upload.

Please be as specific as possible when describing your idea, whether you use pictures or just lots of details, the more information you provide on your idea the more likely I'll be to do something with it. The sooner you post your idea, the better!

Last edited by Savie : 11-17-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Some things I've been kicking around but haven't had time to do yet:
  • Add crafting stats to crafting window
  • Add an optional recipe pop-out to the crafting window while crafting.
  • Update faction drop down to get rid of the scrollbar
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
  • Add an optional recipe pop-out to the crafting window while crafting.

You mean something like this? http://www.eq2interface.com/download...Transmute.html

I think that was the first one ever done. Seems easy enough, I've thought of doing something like that for Fetish before myself actually, but I'm not sure if it'd be helpful or just take up extra space/ cause a distraction but I'd be willing to take a go at it.

As for the crafting stats, I've been kicking around the idea of a stand alone window for crafters that would stay up all the time (unless toggled off) showing all the stats, info for harvesting by zone etc. Basically anything pertaining to crafting/harvesting. Of course it would have to be heavily condensed with the bare minimum so as to not take up too much room and to not be overly present on one's screen while playing. Possibly tool tips to pop up with the info - similar to the character window. I dunno, still mucking through that one.

I hadn't noticed the useless scroll bar, but that's an easy fix. As well as the weird tab configuration on the AA window. I'd also like to do something about updating the persona (stat) bar.

Last edited by Savie : 11-17-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Unread 11-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Yeah sort of like that, though the idea I have been kicking around is one that has a few different options (totally collapsed / hidden, just the icons showing, and full icons and name).
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Uh.. what? Just what icons showing?
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

The item icons. When you open the crafting recipe list, the icon is on the left, then the recipe name and then skill on the right. One of the options I was thinking of was just having the icons visible (so that it doesn't take up a great deal of screen space, but you can still pick between items visually or via hover-over).
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Ah ok, well would that really be all the helpful/useful when you consider the amount of text that would go into making that possible? It would definitely save space though. I wonder if the icons being buttons would cause and problems with that... I'll poke at it tonight.
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos

The marketplace window doesn't work quite right ... at least on mine, I think I have your latest patch Savie. I can't put in quantities of stuff when I want to buy stuff off of the market, just other oddities with the quantities.

Thanks ~
Unread 11-20-2011, 11:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeldair View Post
The marketplace window doesn't work quite right ... at least on mine, I think I have your latest patch Savie. I can't put in quantities of stuff when I want to buy stuff off of the market, just other oddities with the quantities.

Thanks ~
I'll check this out and see if I can duplicate it. Is it limited to just the broker for you? Can you give me a bit more detail about the problem does holding shift/crtl not make it pop up or is it just not recognizing that key sequence? Also is it on the Buy page or the Sell page?

I can mess with the function of the buttons, but for the most part I believe the info that is fed to the window is straight from soe.

Edit: I am unable to duplicate this problem on either the Buy or Sell pages.

Last edited by Savie : 11-20-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos

Station cash marketplace
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:46 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Something I never got around to doing once SOE FINALLY implemented ColorStyles as I requested was to refactor the UI for more flexible color skinning. This would require doing the following...

- Re-implement all inline colors with colorstyles.
- Refactor all window and button graphics as greyscale.
- Add colorstyles to the tint of the converted graphics.
- See if the colorstyles can be changed dynamically via script. If so, create a loader script to swap themes by character name.

Basically the idea is to control all color settings via Global ColorStyles so users could tweak the UI to whatever colors they prefer, and ideal swap themes by character.
Unread 11-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd
Question

Just wondering if its possible to put in auto loot in the options part of the persona window ?? makes it so much easier when you are soloing thank you so so much for keeping Fetish alive
Unread 11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
Something I never got around to doing once SOE FINALLY implemented ColorStyles as I requested was to refactor the UI for more flexible color skinning. This would require doing the following...

- Re-implement all inline colors with colorstyles.
- Refactor all window and button graphics as greyscale.
- Add colorstyles to the tint of the converted graphics.
- See if the colorstyles can be changed dynamically via script. If so, create a loader script to swap themes by character name.

Basically the idea is to control all color settings via Global ColorStyles so users could tweak the UI to whatever colors they prefer, and ideal swap themes by character.
I was actually looking to do something like this but with fonts today. I haven't really had a lot of time to try and play with it, but with what you've given me with this post I'm going to look at both, since that would be a lot easier upkeep all around if colors could swap out in that way. Especially since I've been working on FetishClassic getting that up to date.

Wynd - I believe this has been moved over to the group options window, and removed from the persona. I'll check tomorrow though and see if that's included and if not, I'll see about adding that back in somewhere.
Unread 11-28-2011, 05:26 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Blackburrow

im just hoping you got into the beta so as soon as the exp goes live you can throw out an update so we can log rt in and start playing.
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by druadon View Post
im just hoping you got into the beta so as soon as the exp goes live you can throw out an update so we can log rt in and start playing.
Nope, I didn't get an invite. I presume the nda has been lifted? If so, if anyone knows what's been changed and wants to send me the files, feel free to PM me.
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savie View Post
Nope, I didn't get an invite. I presume the nda has been lifted? If so, if anyone knows what's been changed and wants to send me the files, feel free to PM me.

Apparently there are UI changes that will need resolving with the new expansion, yet the entire UI modding community was either overlooked or excluded from what could have been a valuable opportunity. It was either intentional or unintentional, but neither one of those paints a flattering picture of the relationship between Sony Online and the EQ2Interface community, which is one of a very few supportive communities surrounding EverQuest II.

Designing, supporting and distributing a software package (for free) is already a huge effort without creating unnecessarily tight deadlines. Simply adding a handful of accounts from this website to the early beta would have ensured a better launch day experience for thousands of subscribers. Hopefully the changes won't break existing mods as they have done in past expansions.

__
Unread 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Apparently there are UI changes that will need resolving with the new expansion, yet the entire UI modding community was either overlooked or excluded from what could have been a valuable opportunity. It was either intentional or unintentional, but neither one of those paints a flattering picture of the relationship between Sony Online and the EQ2Interface community, which is one of a very few supportive communities surrounding EverQuest II.

Designing, supporting and distributing a software package (for free) is already a huge effort without creating unnecessarily tight deadlines. Simply adding a handful of accounts from this website to the early beta would have ensured a better launch day experience for thousands of subscribers. Hopefully the changes won't break existing mods as they have done in past expansions.

__
I don't think there's a lot of new content from what I've read, just the new dungeon system and a few other things from what I've been able to read about. Likely not difficult or breaking, but probably time consuming changes. Unfortunately the launch date of the 6th falls at a bad time for me, I've a lot going on that week and the following, so it may take some time for me to get changes made and posted.

I am also surprised at SOE for not at least getting the featured authors beta invites as soon as they started testing. Drums, Profit and eXtreme have been around quite a long time, not to mention many other sets.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:08 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Are you coming up with an AoD patch, Savie? I shudder to think at all the windows that aren't going to be working today.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:42 AM
A Griffon

Server: Guk

I did the crafting years ago and it helped to get rush orders done back then because you could be looking up your next recipe while finishing one you already started.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I also added more buttons to the group and raid windows with a larger choice list for the races for preloading the default spell casts.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I wouldn't mind collaborating on some additional stuff. I have several enhancements I have done using Zonx awesome canvas as a starting point.

Last edited by keezyrick : 12-06-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks to Dethdlr I have most of the beta files that I am working on to get Fetish up to AoD, unfortunately I haven't much time to work on it. I've got the Persona window almost finished, however it's untested. I'm thinking of finishing it up this afternoon as well as the smaller windows that were a quick fix this afternoon in this thread, but as for a full patch that will likely have to wait until this weekend of middle of next week. Anything I post before middle of next week will be completely untested in game, so I'll need feedback from yall for any fixes needed or bug.

Unfortunately the release of AoD was horrible timing for me, sorry yall.

Keezyrick, I'd be happy to talk about working on some stuff together.

Slightly off topic: Is anyone interested in the Classic version of Fetish? I've worked on it here and there, but if there isn't a lot of people wanting it I likely won't bother with upkeep on it. Nightfall may prove too much for me to keep up with as it is.
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
A Griffon

Server: Guk

Left you a PM Savie.
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
A Berserk Golem

No worries, Savie, I for one appreciate all the hard work! Do you happen to have a list of the windows that won't be compatible with AoD? That way it'll save me some time and I can just use default (*gag*) for those.

Thanks again!
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I've managed to get to all the affected windows, and have a patch, however it's completely untested. The main window that will be affected is the Persona window. There were major changes, however I think the version that everyone has now will still work, you just won't be able to access the new information that's been added. Also without the new version of the Newcharacterscene2 you won't be able to create a Beastlord.

Lordebon went through the file changes and posted a list by importance of the change, you can see that here.
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

For any window found to not be working right, just delete that file from your Fetish folder (or rename it as a backup). All the ones under "Major" on that list would be ones needing a patched version or to be backed up (to use the default version) if the patch doesn't work.

Most of those changes are beastlord or other AoD-feature related, so if you aren't playing one or aren't doing AoD-related things there's not too much change-wise.
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
A Berserk Golem

Ok cool thanks all. Even before this patch there's been a couple of windows that wouldn't work so I had to use default (achievement merchant and zone timers), so I'm just gonna backup all those files listed above and play it safe. Looking forward to a patch!

Last edited by kinvore : 12-07-2011 at 10:46 AM.