EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-22-2005, 08:56 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Question For the GURU's

I came from EQ1 and it seemed to me that there was one set forum on Patch day that would have a "Delete This" and "Add that" with a string of text to simply cut and paste to the apporite file(s)... Not dealing with UI's for over a year now is this no longer possible? Has the way the the UI's are made these days different? Can something like the above mentioned be done here?

Istoff
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

The EQ2 UI uses an enhanced version of the XML format that was used with EQ1, but alot of things have changed with EQ2 such as the Old EQ1 Types are now part of the Gamedata.xml file. Dolby on every big patch that UI items that have been modified posts what the differences are in a Compare Report format.

The problem with posting just a "find this and replace it with that" for every UI Mod here, is the issue that not all UI mods here are patterned from the game's Defaut UI files.

By Dolby posting the comparision report, it allows the authors to see what has changed and determine if they will need to make changes to their mods.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:14 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Oh Ok

Makes alittle more sence now... Ive been using Peritions Version of Steel and he posted last night that he will be leaving EQ2 and his mods will go stagnet but he was going to try and make a final version before he goes. I used to dabble in the .xml but my time is limited as well and not sure if i could keep up with a UI these days.

Sigh Guess its back to Default for me j/k... thanks for the info

Istoff
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

It saddens me to hear anyone is leaving EQ2 or EQ for that matter, but we have a strong community here, and I'm confident that if changes are made to the Default UI after the final updates to the Mod has been made, someone will take it and updated it, if it's not too much work.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.