EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-01-2010, 12:38 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default profitui help

So I downloaded 1.8 or whatever the latest was and it came with all the necessary bits I guess needed for me to just plop it into the EQ2 folder. I placed the folders in, overwrote what I needed to and launched into game. I get nothing, I do /loadui and profit isn't in the selection. I have no idea how to fix this to get it to work.
Unread 10-01-2010, 04:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

hmm not to sure what you mean about moveing any folders all you need to do it point the profit updater to where you have eq2 installed in my example :-

D:/sony/everquest/

it will then put the files ect into you folder called UI D:/sony/everquest/UI

so in that folder you should find profit

all you need to do is load game and do what you have allready done :-

/load_ui or load_uisettings

choose what resolution you want and then can move it around to how you want your layout to be

if you get stuck heres the link to the FAQ section and at the very botton tells you about how to install the updater ect.

http://gm9.eq2interface.com/portal.php?id=15&a=faq

hope helps
Unread 10-01-2010, 05:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by anduin1 View Post
So I downloaded 1.8 or whatever the latest was and it came with all the necessary bits I guess needed for me to just plop it into the EQ2 folder. I placed the folders in, overwrote what I needed to and launched into game. I get nothing, I do /loadui and profit isn't in the selection. I have no idea how to fix this to get it to work.
1.8 is several years outdated
Unread 10-01-2010, 05:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Even though 1.8 is outdated now (as the man himself has said LOL), and you're best using the autoupdater (as this includes all the latest updates/changes both secretly done by gm9 and any wonderful person that is trying to keep it going)

Check both to ensure that with the Everquest 2 folder, under UI, there is a folder called ProfitUI, then check immediately within the Everquest 2 folder to see if there is a file called eq2.ini (if using win7/vista it will just be eq2 but under file type it will be classed as configuration), right click to open it (not double click), choose notepad, and make sure the same Profit folder name that was in the UI folder is the same in the top line. If you cant find the eq2.ini file, or ir does show the correct name, let us know.