EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-03-2012, 12:28 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default SOEmote changes

I've seen some tenative UI elements for SOEmote on Test, but today when I patched in and diffed with live the only differences were in eq2_poi.xml, and most of those were localization tags being added. Profit doesn't mod that file, so I don't think there's going to be anything needed there. What bothers me is that I saw changes to the socials window and some others that Profit does mod, and now I don't see any trace of that. It's scheduled for August 7th, so I figured I'd give a heads-up here that if I can't see the new UI files on Test I won't be able to even tell what in Profit needs updated let alone start doing the updates until after it goes live. You Have Been Warned.
Unread 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM
A Griffon

Question: it looks like SOEmote's going to include image elements in the group window to show the camera feed from group members. That'll probably also include the raid window. I'm imagining these'll be fairly large, if they were the size of say the cure icons or even the height of a single entry in the group window it'd make it pretty hard to see a face in there which'd kind of defeat the point. I'm thinking that if that's the case there'll be a significant portion of the userbase who won't want those elements there just because it'll take up too much screen real-estate. Feelings on this?
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

hi. my group window is messed up since patch.
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:22 PM
A Griffon

Getting in to game to check now. The diffs indicate that other than the new element for the face there's no significant changes to the group window, and that's the only window that Profit mods that changed.

Added: Quick check shows the group window not doing anything unexpected. Cures work, QRBs work, the only thing is that hiding and showing the portraits is a no-op. What I'd suggest if you're still having problems is delete UI/ProfitUI/eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml and re-run the updater, then go in to the EQ2 game directory and delete the "logincache-us" and "cache" and try re-running the launchpad.

Last edited by tknarr : 08-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Group window is definitely jacked up. Every person using profit with the group in a vertical position in my guild needed to "stretch" their window out as it cut the 6th persons name in half. This made the window about 3/4 inch taller then it was yesterday.

Something most certainly changed.
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:45 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, seeing a bunch of problems with the group window now that I'm running it with a full group. Looks like all size/position issues with elements being hidden. I'll have a fix up by tomorrow.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:45 PM
A Berserk Golem

Click to cure and quick raid buttons are now misaligned since SOE spread out the group window. Hopefully it can be fixed quickly as it's making curing rather difficult to guess where to click.
Unread 08-08-2012, 02:42 AM
A Griffon

I'm still working on the alignment. For no apparent reason the standard vertical group window expanded from 230 to 260, and it seems like the player slots went from 38 to 43 while the QRB and cure buttons stay on a 38-pixel spacing. I'm betting something similar happened to the horizontal spacing too, but I'm working on the vertical first since it's what I use.

I have work tomorrow, so 1am's my cut-off. If I don't have anything working by then it'll be Wednesday evening before I have anything ready.

Be warned: the default UI files are messed up too. SOE seems to have kept referring to group member 1's data for the other player slots. I expect they'll patch that soon.
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:57 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I think I'm just going to abandon the default group window tree layout, and put everything one element deeper. Tired of group window changes like this from SOE, and there should be sufficient dynamic data now to move the elements as wanted.

Just thought I'd share, as it might be useful in your situation to avoid having to code around these elements changing their sizes due to the SOEmote integration update.
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:07 AM
A Griffon

What worries me is that as broken as the group window is in the default UI, I can't see how it's not causing complaints left and right. And if they're hard-coding parts of the group window, that's going to make it a pain to mod. I'll see what comes up in the forums tomorrow, and maybe PM one of the devs (ttobey might be able to point me in the right direction).
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not sure why, but the Fetish group window seem to work perfectly fine, hasn't seemed to bug out at all in the update that I've seen. Zonx had somewhat of a Fetish (heh-heh) for completely redoing windows, so it might be that it was enough of a rework that whatever hardcoding they may have put in isn't affecting it.
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
A Griffon

Everything in the Profit group window works, that's the weird part. It's just that the quick-raid and cure buttons (the reactive spot, not the light-up icon) start out aligned right for group member 0 (self) and then get progressively further and further misaligned up as if they were being set on a shorter vertical spacing than the player names, bars and light-up detrimental icons. If I can figure out what's causing that misalignment, I can probably get everything lined back up right. I think it's got something to do with the exact relationship between the "GroupMemberN", "MemberInfo" and "MemberInfoPage" Page elements.
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I think I'm just going to abandon the default group window tree layout, and put everything one element deeper. Tired of group window changes like this from SOE, and there should be sufficient dynamic data now to move the elements as wanted.

Just thought I'd share, as it might be useful in your situation to avoid having to code around these elements changing their sizes due to the SOEmote integration update.
Last I looked allot of the dynamic data for group didn't work Drums, Its been a while but the DD that was there never seen to work. Like you I was like the heck with with it, I'll make my own. Sadly stuff like group leader, is in/out of zone and I think even health and power had issues.
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:44 PM
A Griffon

I figured out what the trick was. Apparently the "GroupMemberN", "MemberInfoPage" and "MemberInfo" Page elements have some invisible padding on them. Profit positions "GroupMemberN" on 38-pixel spacing, so the vertical positions are 0, 38, 76, 114, 152, 190. But the QRB and cures elements (that'd normally overlay the "Effects" Page element) need to be positioned on 44-pixel spacing to line up right, making the vertical positions for the "GroupMemberNCureEffects" Page elements 0, 44, 88, 132, 176, 220 plus the 18-pixel offset to line them up over the detrimental icons. I also had to add 30 pixels to the window size. I think the 38- vs. 44-pixel sizing has to do with the fact that Profit sets the vertical size of the "GroupMemberN" page to 38 pixels but "MemberInfoPage" and "MemberInfo" to 44. Changing the sizing of "GroupMemberN" to 44 and repositioning on 44-pixel spacing causes the group member rows to be positioned on what looks like a 50-pixel spacing, so that didn't work. I'll bet the same adjustment is needed for other UIs.
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
A Griffon

This is the regular group window. I've adjusted the vertical placement and it seems to work. I'm not sure about the horizontal, it looks like it works but I'd like an opinion from someone who runs it regularly. The one thing I see that I think needs adjusted is the vertical size of the horizontal version (window frame = none). I'm looking at how I can add what looks like an extra 6 pixels to it's size.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (84.0 KB, 560 views)
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:05 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Permafrost

I just tried the group window i use mine Horizontal. My Group name is shifted up a little and the other members, show the click to cure icons cut off a little.
Unread 08-08-2012, 11:16 PM
A Grove Wisp

tnx 4 this fix, just wanted to know, is this the only fix u'r gonna do? u r not going to fix the size ?
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:24 AM
A Griffon

Ravenlook: I can't do anything about the size. Something in SOE's changes is forcing an extra 6 pixels per row in, and at the moment I can't figure out how to get rid of it without cutting the health/power bars off part-way. My priority's getting it functional, once that's done I'll go back and see if I can shave those extra pixels off.

Zedlav: working on the horizontal version and the compact variant now. The cure icon cut-off's the same 6-pixel change as above, once I increase the height of the window the icons shouldn't be cut off anymore.
Unread 08-09-2012, 01:11 AM
A Grove Wisp

Please test my fixed file here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16589

Not sure how it works on others UI installs. But it works 100% on my setup.
Unread 08-09-2012, 01:36 AM
A Griffon

Fixed the regular window, vertical and horizontal. Here's the file I'm sending to the updater.

One weird glitch is that if you switch between vertical and horizontal and back, the positioning of the group members in vertical sometimes gets thrown off. Changing the state of the SOEmote portraits (I toggle them on and back off) causes things to reposition to the right spots. I think the game hard-codes some UI positioning and this is just an artifact of that. I've seen it happen once when I first started the window in vertical, but if I don't change the orientation the fix seems to stick across game sessions, character camping and the like.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (84.0 KB, 380 views)
Unread 08-09-2012, 01:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Last I looked allot of the dynamic data for group didn't work Drums, Its been a while but the DD that was there never seen to work. Like you I was like the heck with with it, I'll make my own. Sadly stuff like group leader, is in/out of zone and I think even health and power had issues.
I found this out today. It's so extreme that if you remove all contents of group window, and then try to check the dynamic data in game with the slash command /dynamicdata, it won't even work. Pretty dumb.

I found that if you just embed the default group window code, in a 0x0 page or whatever, and then go and use that dynamic data in your own layout, it works just fine though.
However, you lose things like being able to click on group members easily, and tooltip stuff. I'm sure you could get that functionality back, but it's beyond my patience to do...

My workaround is just messing with MaximumSize and MinimumSize to get around this, also dumb, change to more "hardcoding" in the group window.
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
A Griffon

Can we get a fix for the compact horizontal version? The names have squished up close to each other, and the buttons are misaligned slightly. I tried the one linked above by tknarr, but its only the large version and i've been using compact for years now =(
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
Can we get a fix for the compact horizontal version? The names have squished up close to each other, and the buttons are misaligned slightly. I tried the one linked above by tknarr, but its only the large version and i've been using compact for years now =(
I'm working on it now, it should be on the updater sometime tomorrow.
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:06 AM
A Grove Wisp

The updater file seems to glitch out on me. Can you verify the right one is on the updater, I have to revert to the fixed file I uploaded I last night to these forums.
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
The updater file seems to glitch out on me. Can you verify the right one is on the updater, I have to revert to the fixed file I uploaded I last night to these forums.
The updater's downloading the right one for the default group window (I routinely check that). The compact variant's going off to Kaldran to put up later tonight once I test it. I've noticed sometimes that if you've selected a variant you have to reselect that variant to get it to update the zipfile and extract the new XML.