EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-22-2015, 05:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Are any UI Devs still doing stuff ?

As the questions asks.... The reason I ask is because I have been searching for a basic group window that displays myself, doesn't spam raid or group on every cure, honours any existing skin, and is large enough to see the icons. 16x16 simply doesn't cut it these days when using hi res windows. Also the cures must work, not simply click and do nothing or place a digit over the icon so you cant see what the problem is.

I don't want to load the whole of somebodies UI kit, I just need the group.

I have tried a few, but not what I need or want and to be honest, not even a good base to update and fill my own desires. At the end of the, the default group windows works really well, and as expected, just doesn't display self.

Soooo.....

Is this too much to ask with such an old game now ?

Thanks.
Unread 03-23-2015, 10:31 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

The problem with the player/group window is that a lot of its runtime logic is hardcoded by the game itself. You can't just put the player window elements in the group window and expect it to work. Some things will, but some things simply won't. (The detriment icons are pretty hit/miss, if I remember)

The best I've done is skin the player window to connect to the group window seemlessly. So while it looks like one window, it's still not.

The one I made years ago is for priests only, but it still suits my needs and is mostly scalable. Dunno if it suits your needs or personal tastes, since you seem to like Default. You'd need to turn off the default Cure Curse text macro as well.