EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Help! Problems uninstalling the UI and updating maps.

Short version: I need to completely uninstall and erase Profit UI from my pc and I cant for some reason Please help.

Long Version: A friend recomended the Profit UI and I used it for a week but then I became tired of it (sry to all the fas) and yes it is VERY well made and has lots of awesome features but it just doesnt feel like EQ2 for me. SO I went a renamed the eq2.ini file in my Everquest2 folder, but it still keeps comign and not only that but now the maps of EQ2MAP updater dont load to the ProfitUI and when I erase the file they dont update and i get an error message saying something about errith the frame work. Please, would anyone help me?
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

First, there is nothing in Profit, nor any other UI that makes it uninstallable. That's just not how they're built.

To completely remove all custom UIs:

erase eq2.ini (likely found at c:\program files\sony\everquest 2\eq2.ini)

erase the custom ui directory (likely c:\program files\sony\everquest 2\ui\profitui)

[optional: erase all the directories under /ui/ besides default. You could erase default too, but as the game overwrites that when you patch ...]

After that you should be able to reinstall eq2maps

Step 3, profit.
Unread 08-16-2015, 12:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
First, there is nothing in Profit, nor any other UI that makes it uninstallable. That's just not how they're built.

To completely remove all custom UIs:

erase eq2.ini (likely found at c:\program files\sony\everquest 2\eq2.ini)

erase the custom ui directory (likely c:\program files\sony\everquest 2\ui\profitui)

[optional: erase all the directories under /ui/ besides default. You could erase default too, but as the game overwrites that when you patch ...]

After that you should be able to reinstall eq2maps

Step 3, profit.

Problem is when try to delete anything it keeps saying folder is in use cannot delete /sigh.
Unread 08-17-2015, 11:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Did you try /loadui while ingame to select the default ui? Also, when you run eq2maps updater, check what UI/directory location it is setup to install to.
Unread 08-17-2015, 12:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You should not get any errors deleting UI files when the game is not running. For that matter, you should be able to delete anything in the EQ2 folder as long as the game isn't running. If you do, then the error is actually that the OS is marking files as in use when they aren't. This does happen from time to time and there's no way to tell from this distance what might have caused it.

Try this: restart your system. Next, try to delete the ProfitUI folder. Don't do anything else in between. If the system complains that the folder is in use, then you have a 'stuck' folder. Fixing that is a different issue.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 08-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orshan View Post
Did you try /loadui while ingame to select the default ui? Also, when you run eq2maps updater, check what UI/directory location it is setup to install to.
Sadly profitui hard codes the UI in eq2.ini. /laodui will only work for that session. Even though the last used UI is in eq2recents.ini the entry in eq2.ini takes priority thus the game reverts back to profitui.
Unread 08-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Although it shouldn't matter, close out anything dealing with soe/eq2 then try removing the ui's folder.