EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 05-28-2006, 01:21 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default where are the modders???

Hey all

Is this a sign of EQ2 slowly dying off. When I first started watching these forums it seemed like there was a new mod or an update to a mod every other day. Now it seems there are never any new mods posted.

I wonder if this is a sign of the dying of EQ2. Less people modding and looking for UI mods to me, means less player base.
Unread 05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Not sure what your talking about, our traffic has been on an increase since the launch of EQ2. Although it seems less people are making full mods there are a good amount still working on peices. Also the few large mods now have their own patchers so as a result you dont see the updates to those mods.

Although most of the traffic is from downloaders.

Last edited by Dolby : 05-28-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Unread 05-28-2006, 03:55 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

I would say it is more a question of the modders having done such a great job that there are fewer bits of the UI left to mod. After all there are only so many ways that you can mod the hotbars

Initialy there are no mods and people go crazy writing mods but as the game matures the rate of modding has to slow down as all the pieces are modded with all the options people want.

There are over 800 mods listed on this site, I guess people just got what they want

Having said that you do see updates fairly regularly to the popular mods (27 updated mods in May is about 1 per day!), so I would say the slow down is perfectly normal and not a reflection of a reducing fan base.

Last edited by Garick : 05-28-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Unread 05-28-2006, 04:04 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

The mod community does seem strong. But also seems like its less now that RQ2 has been out a while. Too bad the game didn't have UI capabilitys like WoW. But I do wander what the numbers for uploads were the monthe before IGE bought Alakazam. And after words. It most likey is due to so many UI changes implemented by SOE that drove some modders away.
Unread 05-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

In my opinion its hard to get board in EQ2 until well after you hit level 70. So many would be modders could be playing the game instead of modding. Any of the real hard core interface programmers are most likely with WoW (we still have some here though) because of the ability to use .lua

Also there haven’t been that many patches to break the interface as of late and usually (as in the past) people are motivated once there are major interface changes released.