EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-13-2014, 05:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Variants not working?

Thanks for the updates! However, I have a couple problems (could be on my end but I don't know).

1. When I choose a variant skin (any of the blacks) and choose install it doesn't change anything.
2. When I choose the large persona variant and choose install it also doesn't do anything.
Unread 11-13-2014, 06:24 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Same for me
Unread 11-14-2014, 01:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Will look into it. I did not change the variant info.

Unread 11-14-2014, 06:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

There might be 2 issues:

1. The installer doesn't re-update the files modified by a variant after downloading/updating the zipfile containing the variant files. What I found I had to do is set the variant once and update the files (to get the new zipfile), revert to default and then set the variant again (to overwrite the default files with the variant from the zipfile). It's an installer issue, not an issue with the ProfitUI files themselves. It affects anything with variants, not just the skins.

2. I noticed in the update that the persona-window files looked as if the unpacked subfolder trees for the variants were included in the update instead of or in addition to the zipfiles. When I was maintaining Profit I'd unpacked the variant zipfiles into subfolders to make it easier to work on variants, then I'd pack those folders back into zipfiles as part of preparing the update to go off to Kaldran. That may have thrown Taltal off.
Unread 11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

I did them as folders. Have just sent them off as zips. Oops.Thanks for pointing that out. Did not do the skins though so not sure why they wouldn't update properly.

Unread 11-16-2014, 05:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
I did them as folders. Have just sent them off as zips. Oops.Thanks for pointing that out. Did not do the skins though so not sure why they wouldn't update properly.
I think that's #1 causing that. I've seen the issue ever since the new installer came out.
Unread 11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
A Brown Bear

I found another issue. In the persona window when I try to right click my drink or Main hand/off hand/ranged or mouse over inventory (or try do drop something in there) I get the icon for moving the window. If I right click I get window options. This is preventing me from adding temp adorns to my weapons or changing my auto consume status on the drink.

Edit: This is on the small window...just noticed we got the large window added. Going to check that out

Edit2: Ok I installed the large window but I still get the small window. Now, however, everything can be interacted with.

Last edited by wickedss : 11-17-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Unread 11-17-2014, 03:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Ok, I got the large persona working. I had to move it myself from it's folder inside the ui folder to overwrite the one in the ui folder. Now my only issue is changing the skins.

Thank you for all your work continuing profit though.
Unread 11-18-2014, 04:28 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedss View Post
Edit: This is on the small window...just noticed we got the large window added. Going to check that out
Back with ToV I had to discontinue support for the small persona window variant (if you check the persona window variants there's only default and large listed, where small should be there's a note about it not existing anymore). There were starting to be too many tabs and things in it, and to make them all fit I'd've had to make it nearly the size of the default so it didn't make sense to keep fighting it.
Unread 12-03-2014, 01:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Just popped in to say that i also have these issues with Variants not working at all.
I also tried the install skin/uninstall, then do the default one, then back to installing the skin color i wanted again, and did the same with effects, and did not work.
Unread 12-04-2014, 11:17 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

Hi. I cant get the right slim maintained to work. Any work around for this?

EDIT Um nvm I actually had the old file backed up.

Last edited by Nimmerin : 12-06-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Unread 01-03-2015, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Skin Variants Not Working Here Either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker1974 View Post
Just popped in to say that i also have these issues with Variants not working at all.
I also tried the install skin/uninstall, then do the default one, then back to installing the skin color i wanted again, and did the same with effects, and did not work.
I am also having exactly the same issue of variants not working.

In particular am having issues with skins.

I have managed to download and extract the files manually to the relevant folder to change skins.

However, I cant find the files for the skin that looks like the original EQ2 style (not the profit style), but in black.

Does anyone know of a solution to the variants feature, or where I can find this skin?
Unread 01-05-2015, 06:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw
Thumbs Up possible reasons

There seems to be a problem with the file location chooser. When trying to look up the file location it is asking for everquest2.exe and will not let you choose a folder. It is trying to choose a file.

This is why none of the variants seem to be working.

Or is it??? Thought this might be a clue.?!?!?!?
Unread 01-10-2015, 07:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazwhites69a View Post
There seems to be a problem with the file location chooser. When trying to look up the file location it is asking for everquest2.exe and will not let you choose a folder. It is trying to choose a file.

This is why none of the variants seem to be working.

Or is it??? Thought this might be a clue.?!?!?!?
Hmm. Interesting point.

To my memory, it always searched for the everquest2.exe file and worked for there.

Are you sure this is different?

Having said that, when I ran the patcher post AOM, I hadn't played for several months and it did ask me to specify my path again.
Unread 01-10-2015, 11:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking That's what I thought

The location of the files and downloads from the variants may need remapping or at least highlighting the file structure to make sure we know where they should be....
Unread 01-11-2015, 06:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
The location of the files and downloads from the variants may need remapping or at least highlighting the file structure to make sure we know where they should be....

Agreed. I think the issue is that the files are not present / and or the paths are not correct.

TalTal - is this possible?
Unread 01-11-2015, 02:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
The zipfiles for skin variants download to ProfitUI/UI/images/skinpacks/{family}, and the files unzip into ProfitUI/UI/images. Zipfiles for window variants download to and unzip to the ProfitUI folder itself. You can look inside the downloaded zipfiles to see the contents. Note that the updater only downloads the zipfiles for variants you've selected, not all of them, for size reasons.
Unread 01-16-2015, 12:10 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

the problem is, my updater isnt downloading any variants at all, so i cant install the zip files by hand. is there another way to get those variants? i really need the maintained window duration only (slim).

zip files from this release work http://www.eq2interface.com/download...aintained.html

but i still would like to use the updater.

Last edited by bazzar : 01-16-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Unread 01-16-2015, 04:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
the problem is, my updater isnt downloading any variants at all, so i cant install the zip files by hand. is there another way to get those variants? i really need the maintained window duration only (slim).
OK, I found where to get the raw files:
http://updater.pala.de/new/profitui/UI/ProfitUI/
You'll find the zipfiles for the window variants about half-way down. The skins are below that in images/skinpacks/(classic|default|default_var1).
Unread 01-17-2015, 08:37 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

thanks!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Unread 01-17-2015, 09:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Variants and files from ftp site

Great thanks. Now where should they go? The updates doesn't pick them up from anywhere. No matter which folder they're put in. HELP. :-P
Unread 01-17-2015, 02:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Great thanks. Now where should they go? The updates doesn't pick them up from anywhere. No matter which folder they're put in. HELP. :-P
The window variants get unzipped into the UI/ProfitUI folder itself, overwriting the .xml files with the replacements. The skins get unzipped into the UI/ProfitUI/images folder.
Unread 01-17-2015, 06:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default done that....

Thanks for the response. Done all that.. however the updater fails to pick any changes up when loading.

Following the process, uninstalling previously selected, select new variant - fails to change or update.

Unread 01-17-2015, 10:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Done all that.. however the updater fails to pick any changes up when loading.

Following the process, uninstalling previously selected, select new variant - fails to change or update.

It seems to be a problem in the updater itself. I can't help with that, I'm afraid.