EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 01-15-2006, 12:22 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Angry Strange display error on launch

1st off, this has got to be the best thing to happen to EQII other than perhaps Frostfell

Seriously, your UIs have been the best thing that has been seen since the ole days of EQI. And to add an autoupdater on top of it that allows for so many great things.

Got a small problem and I am sure it is on my system not related to ThorUI AU, but when I click the launch icon it brings up the updater and below the 2 progress bars is a notes window.

On initial run it scrolls DHTML stuff then clears itself out and shows progress when files start to come across. While it is not a big deal it is a bit wierd.
{}==<>
Quote:
{html}{head}UntitledDocument{metahttp - equiv="Content-Type"content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"
More followed but I think that might help you get to the part in the file that will show you. Could it be that the iso8859-1 is not installed?

JFYI: I run windows XP home, SP2 Net2.0, with 1.1 installed too, IE6 with all updates, drivers are updated, I also run an eVGA FX 5700 256mg AGP card on a Sceptre X9 Gamer 12ms monitor with 1gig of ram.

Any ideas? Like I said it sounds as if it is something on my box.

I just recently (today) deleted all ThorUI and EQ2Map directories including the one in /EQII/UI/ThorUI

Thanks,

Last edited by Kevlin : 01-15-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlin
Could it be that the iso8859-1 is not installed?
No. 10 to 1 odds says it's nothing on your end.
Unread 01-15-2006, 04:15 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlin
1st off, this has got to be the best thing to happen to EQII other than perhaps Frostfell [img]/images/eq2layout/smilies/banana.gif[/img]

Seriously, your UIs have been the best thing that has been seen since the ole days of EQI. And to add an autoupdater on top of it that allows for so many great things.

Got a small problem and I am sure it is on my system not related to ThorUI AU, but when I click the launch icon it brings up the updater and below the 2 progress bars is a notes window.

On initial run it scrolls DHTML stuff then clears itself out and shows progress when files start to come across. While it is not a big deal it is a bit wierd.
{}==<>

More followed but I think that might help you get to the part in the file that will show you. Could it be that the iso8859-1 is not installed?

JFYI: I run windows XP home, SP2 Net2.0, with 1.1 installed too, IE6 with all updates, drivers are updated, I also run an eVGA FX 5700 256mg AGP card on a Sceptre X9 Gamer 12ms monitor with 1gig of ram.

Any ideas? Like I said it sounds as if it is something on my box.

I just recently (today) deleted all ThorUI and EQ2Map directories including the one in /EQII/UI/ThorUI

Thanks,
About half way through the first page of this thread, there are a post and a fix/workaround similar sounding to the issue you are having. Perhaps this will be of help for you.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 01-15-2006, 07:26 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Talking

Thank you it was indeed the logfile as previously mentioned now I have a nice emerald green background.