EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 12-21-2005, 07:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Notes

I've searched over all the forums and cant find anything about this, either nobody has tried it yet or im doing something really wrong.

Under the notes button in the help window, it lists 16 slots where you can place personal notes for whatever reason. In the information block it just says to go to the text file and fill in whatever you want basically. Well i went to EverquestII/UI/Thorui/notes and found the .txt files and changed the first one to list what adept 3 i still needed. When i went to run the auto-updater it wrote over all those .txt files again with a date of 1/1/05.

I was just wondering if i was writing in the wrong .txt files or something was going on that the auto-updater to rewriting those files each time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D
Unread 12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Make sure the option on the Advanced tab to not overwrite newer files is marked. By doing this, the AU will leave any modified files (such as the notes and shutdown files) alone.

DISCLAIMER: I'm at work at the moment, so I can't see the AU and tell you exactly what the option says. :P

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Instructions/comments/notes are provided for every feature [ok every feature that require it and i've had time to make the instructions for]

Those instructions can be accessed by clicking on the "..." next to the feature listing.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."