EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis
Default Icon size

I posted this in the actual UI download section before realising the forum would be a better place (sorry, not spent much time on eq2interface.com yet)

I'm just curious about the icon size for detriments in the group window. After playing with DrumsUI, DarqUI etc it would seem that most of the click-to-cure UI's have significantly smaller detrimental icons. After a quick glance at the default UI it looks like maybe they're 21,21 whereas most of the others are 16,16?

Am I going crazy or is this the case? For some reason the smaller icons just aren't as noticable for me (and with the default UI I always notice immediately if someone needs a cure) - I'm guessing I'm pretty much the only person that thinks this tho as there aren't other threads about it?

Does anyone know whether it's relatively easy to change or not? Or is it just something I'll need to get used to if I'm going with a click-to-cure UI?
Unread 08-23-2010, 05:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The biggest reason the icons were downsized was because each row in the window had extra spacing removed, leaving less space for the icons.

If you look at this attached image, you can see the cure icons have no spacing between them and the next row, but only 1 pixel of padding on the horizontal plane.

The group window was kept the same for consistency, and many have actually requested "smaller smaller smaller!"
The only window that has default size (or I believe to be default) cure icons are the player window, which makes it more apparent when you yourself are debuffed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raid_uibuilder_single.png
Views:	377
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	7388  
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Fair enough! I must be the only strange cookie with dodgy eyesight then haha - I'm used to monitoring the raid window but for some reason not quite got used to the smaller group window yet.

I'll try and adjust for a week or two but if it continues to cause me problems, I assume it's just a case of modifying the icon sizes to 21,21 and adjusting the button co-ords to take the size change into account?

And thanks for the speedy response! Much appreciated.
Unread 08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Aye, I would say give it time. Switching the UI from what your comfortable can take getting used to.

As far as just changing the size of the icons and coordinates, no.
You would have to re-size every element that the images sit in to accommodate a bigger size, as well as adjust the overlay buttons which go by size of the parent element.
Unread 08-24-2010, 02:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ahah!! In which case I'll shush and get used to it cheers and thanks for the awesome UI.