EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2 Map does nothing at all? >.>

hey, erm ive been using this Eq2 map thing for about 1 year and some now , and i just redownloaded EQ2 and went to use the map thing and when i install it all the files are OK and it updates fine and everything , launches the game fine , and when i get into the game i have nothing >.> ,,,,,, the Map thing just doesnt work anymore and im not getting any errors , and when i use options to manually update my chars it does nothing , the program just doesnt work D: ,, but everyting downloads and installs fine , ive looked on the fourm but theres nothing on here about it not doing anything at all , just error messages , and im not getting any , ive used this before but i have no idea how to fix this >.>

any suggestions? D:
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:07 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

You probably have more than one installation of eq2.
Open options and press the top most browse button and make sure last use date and chars are right.
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Same issue

I'm also a returning player, been out of game for about two years, uploaded map program fine and seems like it worked. Ran as admin but i dont see the maps.. I can see default maps but zones that didnt have maps still show no map.. I looked at the charactor information under options and its correct. Im sure its simple but i have already whiped it all of my computer and tryed to reload a second time and still have nonthing.
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Like jnils said to the OP, you probably have 2 installs of EQ2 without knowing it.

Open the patcher, click the tool button (gear and tools icon) and click open game directory. That will show you which directory your launcher is using. Make sure that matches the one the EQ2MAP updater is pointed to. If it is set up correctly, you should have an eq2map folder in your UI folder in that EQ2 install.

If you have that folder in there but still aren't seeing maps, check your eq2.ini and eq2_recent.ini and make sure they have EQ2MAP listed as the UI name instead of Default.
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

EQ2.ini file shows ProfitUI and EQ2.recent.ini shows default... I have profit downloaded works not sure if that is the problem or what.. EQ2 Maps are in the profitUI folder
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok added profitUI to the EQ2.recent.ini file and all works as advertised now.. thanks
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimojraven View Post
ok added profitUI to the EQ2.recent.ini file and all works as advertised now.. thanks
No problem. A ways back (over a year now, I think) SOE started letting the EQ2_recent.ini file override the UI selection in the standard EQ2.ini for some reason and it can cause issues when installing new UIs.
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
No problem. A ways back (over a year now, I think) SOE started letting the EQ2_recent.ini file override the UI selection in the standard EQ2.ini for some reason and it can cause issues when installing new UIs.
I'll bet it had to do with the introduction of the new UI and the way they select the default red or default blue color scheme. I ought to mention that over in the look-and-feel section, since it's caused some people to raise issues with Profit before.
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I just tried it, and eq2.ini's cl_ui_skinname setting does override anything in eq2_recent.ini. When I switch that setting from ProfitUI to Default I drop back to the default UI, and when I switch back I get Profit again. The only thing that doesn't work is just removing the cl_ui_skinname setting, doing that gets you the last custom UI you used (saved in eq2_recent.ini) rather than always the default UI.